2015 Trade/FA Discussion (cont. in Pt.2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

You never know with Robinson, Moloney had similar behavioural issues at Melbourne but with the change of environment in Brisbane, don't think a bad word has been said about him since. Add another midfielder to cover, might allow us to use another player in the back half or rest forward.

Noooooo, not Mitch.
I think he's one of the dumbest players in the league. But having looked at the current list of players who would be available, he's probably the best of a bad bunch(let's be honest, there's a reason for most of these players being de-listed).
Would be more karma in our favour if K.Lucas was delisted and we picked him up. Does anyone know if he is any good in defence?
He only runs one way.

Robinson? No thanks. Has the potential to be a bad influence and makes some stupid decisions on the field. Calling him a bell-end is a bit rough. I'd say he's more of a dick. As said above there's a reason he's been delisted. He also appears to be less than honest.

Don't spoil the trade period for this gimp.

its a no for me !!!

I doubt if the Club is going to bring in a brave new world of running referendums on Bigfooty to decide its recruiting strategy.

We'll get him or we won't and I'm not really fussed either way.

If we do, I'll get behind him just like any other players wearing our jumper.

Anyway, the mystical properties of our real jumper are certain to transform Robinson into a top player and nice guy to boot;)

I still blame the introduction of PPL in 2010 for the way things turned out with Fev.:p

Robinson? No thanks. Has the potential to be a bad influence and makes some stupid decisions on the field. Calling him a bell-end is a bit rough. I'd say he's more of a dick. As said above there's a reason he's been delisted. He also appears to be less than honest.

Don't spoil the trade period for this gimp.

Lots of very derogatory stuff being thrown around here about Robinson, and much of it probably fair enough. After all, he IS a dfa.

However, if we were to disregard every "problem" player on the ground that they may represent a problem, then we might be setting the bar rather high. Even Barry Hall was picked up by the "no dickheads" Swans. Hall did very well after moving to Sydney, IIRC. Must have passed the Players Selection Panel as well.

And let us not forget our very own Martin Pike who pitched in for 3 of our Premierships, giving him 4 in total. Not so bad for a bloke who no-one could ever accuse of being an intellectual. My understanding is that Pike was paid a base performance salary, and despite being forever on his last chance did OK here.

If recruited, you might expect that Robinson would be contracted within similar strict behavioural boundaries. If he gets the odd game off his own efforts, then maybe he would have earned it. I don't think Leppa has ever been accused of gifting anyone a game.

I think he might add a bit of mongrel which, used with discretion, would be a useful addition to our mix.

If nothing else it will be interesting to see Robinson and Harwood in the same team. I seem to recall the odd interaction between them when we played Carlton-2 Tassie boys with some background.

Just my thoughts.

Disclaimer: Robinson is a former Tasmanian from, IIRC, Dodges Ferry

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Carlton leadership a little bit more flakey than ours. We've probably got a strong enough core group to deal with someone like Robinson.

Carlton leadership a little bit more flakey than ours. We've probably got a strong enough core group to deal with someone like Robinson.

Same thing was said about Fev.

At least with Robinson we're not paying top dollar and he must surely realize this is absolutely his last chance. Any more shenanigans like those at his last club and he'll be booted immediately. He'll be handy depth. Best case scenario he salvages his career seizes a spot in the 22 and we've paid absolutely nothing.

I thought Leppa said that he was after A grade talent. Don't see Robinson being anywhere close to A grade.

There's no such thing as a team comprised solely of A grade talent. Considering we already brought in one A grader and one borderline I think we can be forgiven for going for Robinson to add to our list and pad out our depth.

Robinson is definitely worth it if we can snag him for free. he might be a bit of a dickhead, but he's a very good player with valuable experience and a big body

There's no such thing as a team comprised solely of A grade talent. Considering we already brought in one A grader and one borderline I think we can be forgiven for going for Robinson to add to our list and pad out our depth.
I don't see the point in getting Robinson. 12 months ago we could of got Dustin Martin, but instead passed on him because of he's issues. Now all the sudden we are going to bring a bloke in from another club that clearly don't want him because of he's behavioral issues. Doesn't make sense.

Same thing was said about Fev.

At least with Robinson we're not paying top dollar and he must surely realize this is absolutely his last chance. Any more shenanigans like those at his last club and he'll be booted immediately. He'll be handy depth. Best case scenario he salvages his career seizes a spot in the 22 and we've paid absolutely nothing.

You're right a lot less risk and won't be a huge investment. Just think that he's a marginal player at best, unlike fev who was a star. And we seem to have a more united emerging leadership group both in age and experience. Rocky, Rich, Hanley, Redden. I don't think he'll last too long if he acts like dickhead.

I don't see the point in getting Robinson. 12 months ago we could of got Dustin Martin, but instead passed on him because of his issues. Now all the sudden we are going to bring a bloke in from another club that clearly don't want him because of his behavioral issues. Doesn't make sense.

We've got empty spots on the list to fill and he won't cost us anything, he'll be handy depth. I'm not sure the personal issues were the reason we didn't bring in Martin. He would've cost a lot in salary and trade unlike Robinson who'll be free and out on his ass if he stuffs up.

I don't think listing a bunch of successful dickheads really advances the argument in favour of signing Robinson. Because there has been many, many more dickheads who don't work out. And, as I said in the last conversation about this, he's not nearly as well performed as a footballer as Pike (or Hall).

Still, it is his dickhead nature that makes him attainable for us. If he wasn't a dickhead, he'd still be playing for Carlton or he'd have been chased by other clubs.

As a footballer, I'm a bit "meh" about him. There's a bit of upside there although he's pretty limited.

But he's a dickhead. I just don't see the point in taking the risk.

Still, if he becomes our dickhead, then I'll barrack for him just as hard as every other player. Just like I did for Fevola, despite misgivings. Maybe every club needs at least one dickhead and we're running one short.

I don't think listing a bunch of successful dickheads really advances the argument in favour of signing Robinson. Because there has been many, many more dickheads who don't work out. And, as I said in the last conversation about this, he's not nearly as well performed as a footballer as Pike (or Hall).

Still, it is his dickhead nature that makes him attainable for us. If he wasn't a dickhead, he'd still be playing for Carlton or he'd have been chased by other clubs.

As a footballer, I'm a bit "meh" about him. There's a bit of upside there although he's pretty limited.

But he's a dickhead. I just don't see the point in taking the risk.

Still, if he becomes our dickhead, then I'll barrack for him just as hard as every other player. Just like I did for Fevola, despite misgivings. Maybe every club needs at least one dickhead and we're running one short.

Dickheads just can't get anymore break in modern footy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back