2015 Trade Hypotheticals (Opposition supporters post here)

Remove this Banner Ad

The downgrading would occur on our 2017 first round pick if Allison gets a bid in the first round and would be a massive downgrade.

I don't see us taking the risk when it sounds like Leppa and Swanny want to build through the draft.
So you would rather pass the chance of getting Motlop and Bell, who are estiblished quality AFL players inorder to bank on unproven kids that might not even be that good. Besides Leppa has signalled that we should be making a play for the finals by that time. It's not a big deal.

So you would rather pass the chance of getting Motlop and Bell, who are estiblished quality AFL players inorder to bank on unproven kids that might not even be that good.

I'd love Motlop. He's A grade - elite but I don't think he fits in Leppa and Swanny's fan and would like to find a way to avoid giving up that pick next season.

Maybe if we get an end of first round pick for Leuey we can use our second round pick this year in a trade.

Or do

BL: Aish and our 2nd for Motlop and Geelong's third

Carlton: Henderson and Carlton's 3rd for Aish and Geelong's second.

Geelong: Motlop and Geelong's second and third for Henderson and Brisbane's second and Carlton's third.

Something like that.

I think it would be easy to overrate Bell. He is playing in a very ordinary side and the Demons fight back yesterday was fuelled in part by a couple of his turnovers. Wouldn't be paying overs for him just because he is an "established" player.

I think it would be easy to overrate Bell. He is playing in a very ordinary side and the Demons fight back yesterday was fuelled in part by a couple of his turnovers. Wouldn't be paying overs for him just because he is an "established" player.

Really :confused: People are doing this?

Average at very best for mine :cool:

Bell was also one of the reasons Carlton were demolishing the Dees. His gut running, attack at the ball and just his sheer size was too much for the Dees.

A few times he was in the Blues defensive 50 proving a contest and then gut running into their forward 50 to provide another contest to lock the ball in.

Let's just trade our first, second and third rounders for the next 5 years and create a super team.

I've generally been impressed with Bell when I've seen him this year. he gets the ball which is the most important thing. but do I think there is much of a spot for him in the team especially having recruited Robinson last year? no. trade for him cheap (I don't think our third rounder is cheap at pick 37ish) or get him next year as a FA.

I'd say Motlop is a good chance to move north. He's good friends with Steven May and Allen Christensen. Whether he gets to the Suns or the Lions (dunno if the Suns would have enough money for him - maybe if we lost Dixon?), it's still a draw card to be away from the footy bubble and get the beautiful SEQ weather (an area where he's got links)!

If Motlop did move north I'd be genuinely surprised.... I really really hope I'm surprised.

In regards to Bell he isn't exactly silk no, but geez I always rate attack at the footy. A defensive forward role could suit him nicely with the gut running he does. Then he could be swapped out into the middle when one of our mids needs a rest.

Lets say for a second by some miracle Motlop and Bell end up at the Lions, I see that a big step in the right direction in terms of roles they could play for our team.

Suckling and Bell do they really add much to our side besides depth? Watched Bell against Melbourne, maybe he had a down day but I wouldnt put him in our best 22 atm. Suckling would be a good get in the psd but you wouldnt want him instead of the Leuy compo.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Suckling and Bell do they really add much to our side besides depth? Watched Bell against Melbourne, maybe he had a down day but I wouldnt put him in our best 22 atm. Suckling would be a good get in the psd but you wouldnt want him instead of the Leuy compo.
They won't add that much except to create competition for spots in the best 22. We really need a mature key forward in order to climb up the ladder.

Last edited:
Any news on Suckling? Last I heard was that we were trying to convince him that we would take him via PSD.

If the Friday night Hawks v Port game is anything to go by....Watched Suckling after kicking a goal, on the run.. Celebrate with a run past the Hawks cheersquad holding/stretching his jumper and cheering and smiling .. as to say "these are my colours"... gave the impression, with all the speculation surrounding his future..was giving an answer to the Hawthorn faithful.....That action instantly made me doubt he has any other intentions but staying....He aint going anywhere!

484806070.jpg

http://www.gettyimages.com.au/detai...brates-a-goal-during-the-news-photo/484806070

Last edited:
If the Friday night Hawks v Port game is anything to go by....Watched Suckling after kicking a goal, on the run.. Celebrate with a run past the Hawks cheersquad holding/stretching his jumper and cheering and smiling .. as to say "these are my colours"... gave the impression, with all the speculation surrounding his future..was giving an answer to the Hawthorn faithful.....That action instantly made me doubt he has any other intentions but staying....He aint going anywhere!

View attachment 166163

http://www.gettyimages.com.au/detai...brates-a-goal-during-the-news-photo/484806070

I saw that and thought the same thing. Hope we are just reading into it a little too much though. Wasn't keen on getting him originally, but given Jed's departure, i think his experience would be valuable to our back line.

1. Dunno
2. Was there a shred of evidence that Bundy would end up at Brisbane? Doesn't mean people can't discuss it.

My 2 questions are:

1. How are people still believing the Christensen & Lonergan rumours, or that he was a hated player on his way out, and
2. Since when was there a shred of evidence or even suspicion that Motlop would entertain a trade to Brisbane?

#1. Because it's a lot easier to get a shred of an idea in someone's heads to begin with (the initial rumour) than to remove it.
#2. Friends with Christensen by most accounts, and we've got the "swoop in for very similar departing Geelong player" recency bias.

#1. Because it's a lot easier to get a shred of an idea in someone's heads to begin with (the initial rumour) than to remove it.
#2. Friends with Christensen by most accounts, and we've got the "swoop in for very similar departing Geelong player" recency bias.
You should be a psychologist.

View attachment 166163

Same

But we didn't discuss it until there was evidence. It just seems completely nonsensical to me.
That's why it's in the hypotheticals thread. Duh.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back