2015 Trade Hypotheticals

Remove this Banner Ad

Hurley is a massive tool and definitely not a family man. Has spent most of his spare nights trying to pick up girls at CQ

Sent from my iPhone

Sometimes he does.... Apparently will only talk to the girls that have blonde hair, blue eyes and good teeth. Plus they must be large in the chest

Sent from my iPhone

Mayes hasn't proven anything really, only worth a second round pick

His first year was very good. Spent 2014 learning his craft in defence and only played 14 games this year due to injury. He's done more than Aish and is comfortably more talented. Probably the most talented kid we have. He is also contracted.

Hamish Hartlett apparently being courted by Richmond and North with 5 or 6 year deals worth an average of $750k/season?

Hamish Hartlett apparently being courted by Richmond and North with 5 or 6 year deals worth an average of $750k/season?

early talk around Adelaide has him at Melbourne or Adelaide. No way Port will be able to fork out that kind of $$$ for him.

early talk around Adelaide has him at Melbourne or Adelaide. No way Port will be able to fork out that kind of $$$ for him.

He's still contracted at Port I thought, but they're right up against the cap from all reports, though given teams have to pay 95% of it, they're all probably up against it...

And surely Port wouldn't trade him to the Crows unless they paid overs? Melbourne doesn't make that much sense to me either, given he's probably more valuable playing on the outside for a good team with his foot skills...

And surely Port wouldn't trade him to the Crows unless they paid overs? Melbourne doesn't make that much sense to me either, given he's probably more valuable playing on the outside for a good team with his foot skills...

didn't make sense to me either, but like you say, they have to free up some cap space and it is his a Lobbe's name being thrown around.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We don't need to.

He is contracted.

Just to get an idea, he's presumably on $450k-ish? Lobbe about the same? Charlie Dixon surely commands $650k-$800k? Do they look to get more picks in (and obviously cap space) by offloading the 2 former to get the latter?

His first year was very good. Spent 2014 learning his craft in defence and only played 14 games this year due to injury. He's done more than Aish and is comfortably more talented. Probably the most talented kid we have. He is also contracted.

people are hung up on this "contracted" thing, i never said he was going to be traded or requested to be traded. I just said what i thought he was worth

just for the record, a contract means little if a player wants to be traded or the club wants to use him in a trade...........then it will most likely happen.

Shouldn't believe everything in the media, how the hell would they know about Port's salary cap? Unless a club official told them I highly doubt they would have any idea. I really don't think the club would go and tell the media about our salary cap.

Just to get an idea, he's presumably on $450k-ish? Lobbe about the same? Charlie Dixon surely commands $650k-$800k? Do they look to get more picks in (and obviously cap space) by offloading the 2 former to get the latter?

The rumour of ports cap apparently bursting has been shot down now by two reporters. It likely came about because of port paying 105% of the cap this season so people looked at that and said how can they fit in Dixon

Reality is port had the option to stretch the cap after under paying it the previous two seasons. In light of that it is quite possible they front loaded a bunch of contracts so they will have more room in later years as part of a strategy.

Port has also retired Cornes , given a pay cut to Schulz and moving on some low tier players.

As for Hartlett. Teams are always going to make big plays for guys one year out of free agency... It makes sense as a move that at worst gives the player or manager a chance to think about them and know they are interested when they do come up on free agency .

Good players coming up for free agency are always going to attract high dollars. Not just Hartlett , but around the league. And 95% are gonna ignore them and sign on for less at their club for a host of reasons. Those reasons are numourous in hartletts case..

It is also very interesting to note , and people should be paying attention , that every article mentioning Hartlett specifically states clubs are approaching Hartlett with big offers. No vice versa. In all likelihood this is a case of clubs fishing to see if they can unearth something even though it is highly unlikely...

people are hung up on this "contracted" thing, i never said he was going to be traded or requested to be traded. I just said what i thought he was worth

just for the record, a contract means little if a player wants to be traded or the club wants to use him in a trade...........then it will most likely happen.
Can you pass that on to Carlton supporters in your Chris Yarran thread?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back