2016 ATP World Tour 250/500 Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

It's Thiemed life. We're just living in it.

Also Marseille's draw looks tight. Rio's alright, Delray is decent.

Rotterdam Open (500) - Martin Klizan defeats Gael Monfils 6-7 6-3 6-1.
Memphis Open (250) - Kei Nishikori defeats Taylor Fritz 6-4 6-4.
Argentina Open (250) - Dominic Thiem defeats Nicolas Almagro 7-6 3-6 7-6.

This week's tournaments (Week of February 15):

Rio Open (ATP World Tour 500)
Seeded players:
1). Rafael Nadal
2). David Ferrer
3). Jo-Wilfried Tsonga
4). John Isner
5). Dominic Thiem
6). Jack Sock
7). Fabio Fognini
8). Thomaz Bellucci

Open 13 (ATP World Tour 250)
Seeded players:
1). Stan Wawrinka
2). Tomas Berdych
3). Richard Gasquet
4). Marin Cilic
5). Gilles Simon
6). David Goffin
7). Gael Monfils
8). Benoit Paire

From the Aussies, Nick Kyrgios features in this tournament.

Delray Beach Open (ATP World Tour 250)
Seeded players:
1). Kevin Anderson
2). Bernard Tomic
3). Ivo Karlovic
4). Grigor Dimitrov
5). Jeremy Chardy
6). Steve Johnson
7). Donald Young
8). Adrian Mannarino

From the Aussies, Bernard Tomic, John-Patrick Smith, Sam Groth, Matthew Ebden and John Millman all feature in this tournament.

Juan-Martin Del Potro has also received wildcard entry to play in this tournament as well.

Reaaaaaaally tough draw for Kyrgios; if all goes to seedings (it won't) he'll have to beat Pospisil, Simon, Gasquet, Berdych and Wawrinka to win. Absolutely brutal.

JP Smith plays Karlovic first up. Groth's against US teen Noah Rubin while Ebden plays Chardy. Millman's up against Steve Johnson. Tomic has a pretty cushy draw as the second seed and really should be making the final here.

Not a huge shock to see Monfils lose that one despite the odds. I think he was something like 5-17 in ATP Finals meanwhile Klizan was 3-0. Three of Monfils' wins were in French tournaments, one against Nieminen who also had a shocking finals record and the other one was back in 2005.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Isner one and done again on clay and again w/o losing serve. Is this meant to be practice for the Davis Cup tie? Did he get Tomic's clay schedule by mistake? :p

Awful night of results. Ebden, Millman, Groth and Tomic all lost. Kyrgios won in Marsellie.

I don't remember a time where we had so many Australians playing in the one week at Tour level.

Matosevic lost his second round match in Mortos (Challenger), still he did alright given he had come through qualifying.

Yeah it has never been good. I just use the ATP live scores app for draws, schedules and scores.
Yeah that's what I use now. They've even taken the live score popup that used to mimic the app off the page (or put it where I can't find it). Awful.

Awful night of results. Ebden, Millman, Groth and Tomic all lost. Kyrgios won in Marsellie.

I don't remember a time where we had so many Australians playing in the one week at Tour level.

Matosevic lost his second round match in Mortos (Challenger), still he did alright given he had come through qualifying.

A cunning plan to lull the Americans into a false sense of security ahead of the Davis Cup? (J P Smith didn't get the memo).

Seriously though, a disappointing bunch of results. Groth and Millman's matches were close at least though on paper Groth should have easily beaten Rubin. Tomic, wtf? Ebden had a tough opponent in Chardy.

I know I'm a bit of a fan club for Millman at the moment but I followed most of his match and it seemed really close and Johnson is no pushover so I think he did really well. Good to see him at least putting in a solid effort and hopefully he can start winning some of those close ones soon.

Oh well, they can all concentrate on their doubles now :$

How do you lose a set to Ram 6-1? Tank job.

Groth doing everything he can to kick himself out of the davis cup team.

Millman very unlucky. That's actually a great effort.

How did Kyrgios play?

**** I hate the new ATP website. Truly ******* awful.

It is a steaming pile of manure to be sure. I have just been tearing my hair out trying to find match stats for completed matches.

The pop up is still there, first tab is 'SCORES', select that and then 'Live Scores App'.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back