List Mgmt. 2016 Trade and Free Agency Targets Part 1

Who do you hope we target?

• Daniel Rich - Brisbane Lions (Free Agent)

Votes: 21 7.5%
  • Jaeger O'Meara - Gold Coast Suns (Trade)

Votes: 112 40.1%
  • Dion Prestia - Gold Coast Suns (Trade)

Votes: 53 19.0%
  • Tom Lynch - Gold Coast Suns(Trade)

Votes: 24 8.6%
  • Ollie Wines - Port (Trade)

Votes: 55 19.7%
  • Other

Votes: 65 23.3%
  • Peter Wright - Gold Coast Suns (Trade)

Votes: 23 8.2%
  • Tom Rockliff

Votes: 15 5.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got to make you wonder about Kelly. GWS now drafted another 2 gun mids in Hopper and Kennedy so he must be going down the pecking order.
Surely he must be thinking of making a move back home to the sunny beaches of Bayside?

Midfielders draft next year.
GWS will have 4 from academy in the top 20.

Agree with wise man earlier suggested think Brodie fits the criteria for us if he is there.
Will be interesting what they will need to trade out so they have the points to take these players.

I would say they will all be bid on if they are in the top twenty.

We may be able to shake Kelly loose

Will be interesting what they will need to trade out so they have the points to take these players.

That would be significantly pleasing. Or we may be able to do a swap of draft picks like Dees did with GWS last year.

Doubt it .

McCarthy will give them a first rounder from Freo.

GWS have to reduce their list further so they will get second rounders in exchange for unwanted players.

Then with the discount simply match the bid.

That would be significantly pleasing. Or we may be able to do a swap of draft picks like Dees did with GWS last year.
Don't think they will be able to swap dp's. Will need all the picks they can muster or give up an academy player.

I am assuming our first rounder will be higher than theirs.

We do need a second rounder maybe we can get around a last first and second for our first?

Will be interesting. I am concerned JOM will cost the house.

I am firming more towards a Kelly type from GWS or see what we can shake free from the cheats like Heppel

Doubt it .

McCarthy will give them a first rounder from Freo.

GWS have to reduce their list further so they will get second rounders in exchange for unwanted players.

Then with the discount simply match the bid.
Still reckon they will need more for four in the top twenty.

Still I'll give them a second rounder for Kelly;)

If your as seduced by names as I admittedly am, then look out for these guys in the 2016 draft:

Sam Fisher - lose one, gain one?
Jack Dal Santo - could it be in the genes?
Brad Fullgrabe - no fumbles?
Jonty Scharenberg - the injury-free one?
Jy Simpkin - a level above Tom?
Jeremy Goddard - could lightning strike three times?
Worked for us taking Nick Winmar 2... Er...

Still reckon they will need more for four in the top twenty.

Still I'll give them a second rounder for Kelly;)

Think we had huge crack at Kelly last year and with Treloar now gone he wants to stay.

They have Ahern , Pickett , Barrett, Steele , Wilson , Stewart , Finlayson as surplus .

Hearing Marchbank is killing it this year , personally rather have a crack at someone else other than Kelly.

Who is getting unders & no opportunity.

Think we had huge crack at Kelly last year and with Treloar now gone he wants to stay.

They have Ahern , Pickett , Barrett, Steele , Wilson , Stewart , Finlayson as surplus .

Hearing Marchbank is killing it this year , personally rather have a crack at someone else other than Kelly.

Barrett's an interesting one.

Great sporting pedigree, tackling machine, and an absolute ball magnet at NEAFL level, but we saw that with Whiley as well - and I'll admit I was seduced by the numbers - who has thus far disappointed at Carlscum.

Reminds me of Armo a fair bit though; similar size and attack on the ball. Helps that he's a left footer too I suppose.

Loads of talk about him last trade period then BS tipped cold water on the whole thing saying Kelly wasn't interested.
Got the feeling there's a bit of foxing going on there. After another year of limited opportunities the situation may change.
He has to be rated at the top (or close to) of those who appear surplus to requirements at GWS.

Thing is though, what must someone like Steele, Kelly or WHE think if they bring in StevieJ to take games off them.

Hopefully for our sake one of the big names will be shaken loose - they simply can't all be squeezed into the same lineup.

I just hope we finally end up getting a GWS midfielder. I don't car who it is, I just think that after talking about getting just about everyone on their list I think it would be heart breaking not to get one.... someone of quality would be nice too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Barrett's an interesting one.

Great sporting pedigree, tackling machine, and an absolute ball magnet at NEAFL level, but we saw that with Whiley as well - and I'll admit I was seduced by the numbers - who has thus far disappointed at Carlscum.

Reminds me of Armo a fair bit though; similar size and attack on the ball. Helps that he's a left footer too I suppose.

Yes agree particularly now that Hopper has arrived and playing in main midfield set up already.

WHE is injured body keeps letting him down will struggle at this stage.

Kelly will play wing .

Probably not unfortunately - there's 60 Dal Santo's in the phone book. But with a name that translates as "Jack from the Saints" you'd have to look at him.

Just checked out the eligible free agents who've been in the system 8 or 9 years and will be uncontracted this year if they don't re-sign. Slim pickings:

Brisbane
Daniel Rich - Restricted (8 years)

Collingwood
Jarryd Blair- Restricted (8 years)
Steele Sidebottom - Restricted (8 years)

Essendon
Cale Hooker - Restricted (9 years)
David Myers - Restricted (9 years)

Fremantle
Zac Clarke - Restricted (8 years)
Chris Mayne -Restricted (9 years)
Clancee Pearce - Restricted (8 years)

Melbourne
Jack Grimes - Restricted (9 years)
Neville Jetta - Restricted (8 years)
Jake Spencer - Restricted (9 years)
Jack Watts - Restricted (8 years)

Richmond
Tyrone Vickery - Restricted (8 years)

West Coast
Josh Kennedy - Restricted (9 years)
Chris Masten - Restricted (9 years)

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/list-of-2016-free-agents-updated-list-in-op.1046828/

Daniel Rich could be a good match for us. I wouldn't want him on too much money though.
Sidebottom is good.
Not worth the money we would have to pay Hooker, since we already have Goddard and Carlisle.
Chris Masten would need to be cheap, but he's originally from WA so unlikely to want to move, and he's only a cm taller than Jade Gresham so he's obviously so small CJ would come after him with a flame thrower.

Loads of talk about him last trade period then BS tipped cold water on the whole thing saying Kelly wasn't interested.
Got the feeling there's a bit of foxing going on there. After another year of limited opportunities the situation may change.
He has to be rated at the top (or close to) of those who appear surplus to requirements at GWS.

Saints definitely spoke to Kelly's management and GWS last trade period. While there may have been a very small chance early the young fella decided to stick it out before anything serious got spoken about.
Kelly wasn't the only young gun mid from up north that we enquired about, there's another two that are actually out of contract this season.
I'd be thinking our dream this post season would be a quality mid as a FA and trade in a young gun mid.
If Sidebottom signs on at Collingwood (which I think he does) then I don't know who else we'd look at in FA. We won't buy just for sake of it though. If we have money left over again this post season we just adjust a few contracts to more front loaded to help us out even further in 17/18.
For those that will be attending this Friday night, if Blake Acres plays watch him very closely. He's one who I'm really hoping is rewarded for an amazing pre season with good form early.

we-want-jelly.jpg

I get major bad vibes from Sam Petrovski-Seton.
  • Dominated on sheer talent for several years; does he understand hard work? Perhaps. I doubt he has fully grasped this concept, at least.
  • Raised in a sketchy community; whilst it hasn't doomed him, there's basic undeniable effects that poor upbringing has on long-term human psychology.
  • Directly addressed the topic of moving out of home; if something is truly a non-issue, you simply do not talk about it (or do so only briefly to dismiss it). Proactively saying that something will not be a problem is effectively admitting, on a subconscious level, that it is something to be concerned about.
  • That goddamn rat tail haircut; this is mostly a "tongue in cheek" gripe, but when have you ever seen someone with a good head on their shoulders, have this on aforementioned head? What I'm saying is that a sensible person knows that this will draw harsh immediate judgements of character from others, and will cause stigmatic perceptions, hence would not do it, even if they like it. Indicates a lack of thorough thought processes, for mine, even from a 16 year old. There is a slight chance that an individual who is aware of this concept may do it anyway, as some kind of "up yours", but this is probably worse, from the perspective of an employer looking for someone in a team environment.
Even if he lasts to our pick; no thanks.

No need to trade this years first rounder to gws, trade next years instead.

2017 first rounder for steele.
2016 first rounder best available
DFA hurley

Would be a decent haul.

• Dominated on sheer talent for several years; does he understand hard work? Perhaps. I doubt he has fully grasped this concept, at least.
  • Raised in a sketchy community; whilst it hasn't doomed him, there's basic undeniable effects that poor upbringing has on long-term human psychology.
  • Directly addressed the topic of moving out of home; if something is truly a non-issue, you simply do not talk about it (or do so only briefly to dismiss it). Proactively saying that something will not be a problem is effectively admitting, on a subconscious level, that it is something to be concerned about.
  • That goddamn rat tail haircut; this is mostly a "tongue in cheek" gripe, but when have you ever seen someone with a good head on their shoulders, have this on aforementioned head? What I'm saying is that a sensible person knows that this will draw harsh immediate judgements of character from others, and will cause stigmatic perceptions, hence would not do it, even if they like it. Indicates a lack of thorough thought processes, for mine, even from a 16 year old. There is a slight chance that an individual who is aware of this concept may do it anyway, as some kind of "up yours", but this is probably worse, from the perspective of an employer looking for someone in a team environment.
Ever get the feeling that you just revealed a little more than intended about what the inner voices are telling you? ;)

Last edited:
Matthew Stokes is doing okay...

Saints definitely spoke to Kelly's management and GWS last trade period. While there may have been a very small chance early the young fella decided to stick it out before anything serious got spoken about.
Kelly wasn't the only young gun mid from up north that we enquired about, there's another two that are actually out of contract this season.
I'd be thinking our dream this post season would be a quality mid as a FA and trade in a young gun mid.
If Sidebottom signs on at Collingwood (which I think he does) then I don't know who else we'd look at in FA. We won't buy just for sake of it though. If we have money left over again this post season we just adjust a few contracts to more front loaded to help us out even further in 17/18.
For those that will be attending this Friday night, if Blake Acres plays watch him very closely. He's one who I'm really hoping is rewarded for an amazing pre season with good form early.
I'm thinking two out of Wifi, Steele or Barrett considering contracts. I would happily throw the kitchen sink at the first two, though I wouldn't say no to Barrett.

Whitfield, like Kelly would compliment our inside mids nicely - been keen for a while despite him seemingly slowing down with his progress over the past 12-18 months.

I'm thinking two out of Wifi, Steele or Barrett considering contracts. I would happily throw the kitchen sink at the first two, though I wouldn't say no to Barrett.

Whitfield, like Kelly would compliment our inside mids nicely - been keen for a while despite him seemingly slowing down with his progress over the past 12-18 months.

There's a few clubs north of us...;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back