Peptides! 2017 Round 1 Essendon Vs Hawthorn, #Roughyisback

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel sorry for the supporters. Only innocents in the saga. That 'tis I feel sorry for them until they come out with complete bulllshit like asada is the problem. Kudos to you if you are not if that ilk but try to understand that the whole league had to put up with #sobrave and #standbyhird etc. when it was clear from the outset that something very wrong occurred. It's hard to seperate root cause of emotions so people will tend to fire up at the site of red and black.
This.

Conservative selections. Looks like we have picked a team to notch up home and away wins. Nothing wrong with that. I expect players like burton, Stewart and Howe will be rotated in through the year as we search for the right mix for finals. Hope brand comes on. Would not be surprised to see a very different side come finals.

A lot of experienced heads. Looks to me like Clarko wants to bank this one.

Bolded is no different than Roughead and O'Meara coming back. In fact, O'Meara would probably be in a worse position than any of our players coming back.

Hooker has recovered from his injury, so will play in the VFL game. If he is deemed fit enough, then he'll play. No reason to keep him out of the game.

Also, I don't see how you will be able to contain all of our small forwards either. It will be a game of smalls
O'meara and Roughead have played preseason though and trained properly during their time off. Plus they don't have to face the reality of trying to compete without drugs like the cheats that are coming back.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Love how Clarko always starts Cyril in the guts, pretty dynamic having JOM/Mitchell/Cyril combo, you don't get much better.

Can't see the scum getting within 5 goals to be honest, can see Gunno going bananas with Ruff back.

Inclined to think Shoey benched, Cyril fwd and Liam on ball at 1st bounce.

Looking at the emergencies im more at ease with our depth considering all three could have easily played, mile and Stewart especially. Lovell I feel will be a great midfielder but needs more exposed to develop, so I hope we see more of him as well

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Stewart is hard done by on JLT form but we've prioritised structure. Duryea, Shoe and Hartung were all unimpressive in their JLT hitouts but they play roles Stewart can't. Unfortunately for Stewart, aggressive small forwards who pinch hits in the middle is not an area of weakness and he's not going to push out Rioli, Breust or Puopolo.

The side looks good. Plenty of experience, plenty of goal scoring threats. Midfield, as it will be all year, the concern.

No excuse for not beating an ordinary opponent tomorrow. Bring it on.

Looking at the emergencies im more at ease with our depth considering all three could have easily played, mile and Stewart especially. Lovell I feel will be a great midfielder but needs more exposed to develop, so I hope we see more of him as well

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Absolutely - Miles and Stewart had good moments and Burton WILL be a star

We're not done yet

You hear me Jade?

Totes agree. Rough and TV will take a couple of good defenders. Gunners will have a bit more freedom than last year.

The inclusion of Schoey makes this a pretty tall side. Hopefully it's versatile enough to adjust.
I thinking having the three speedsters compensates for the talls though. I actually think it is a really well balanced side

Hey guys, genuinely curious how Abasis man Burton didn't get a game, I hadn't seen him live yet and had heard a lot from a few posters about easily being the best of your youth so I'm curious where's he at?

Opens AFL.com.au > Teams

Capture1.JPG

xJYGXLh.png

Hey guys, genuinely curious how Abasis man Burton didn't get a game, I hadn't seen him live yet and had heard a lot from a few posters about easily being the best of your youth so I'm curious where's he at?
Didn't show much during the JLT, but killed it last season, his field kicking to a man is brilliant, we are told he is an accurate goal kicker, but thus far, I think nerves are getting to him with set shots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back