2017 Trade & FA Targets Part 4

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bombers will try to get Stringer, Saad and Smith in. Interesting trade period coming up for them.

D Mac isn't even capable of regular football yet, I never bank on guys who haven't made it before they have. Remember when people thought Goddard going to Essendon was fine because we had Siposs?
I agree but in Dmac's defence he's never been given a proper run at it.

He could be a crab or he could just be extremely nervous about keeping his place.

He has a lot of great traits that translate well to AFL, he just needs a 10 game block where no matter what he's keeping his spot and then we can see whether he's going to make it.

I rated most of his games this year apart from the Essendon game obviously. He marked the contested ball well but dropped uncontested marks. He just seemed nervous and not at the pace for AFL yet. During the Richmond game he played a nervy game, he sucked in the Essendon game and honestly was very good in the Port game which was extremely scrappy.

After that for some reason didn't get a look in after that.

If we get through this trade period without trading out any players, and its very possible, it will be the 3rd consecutive season we've done this. The last player we traded to another Club was Rhys Stanley in 2014

Surely that would be some sort of record? Good or bad?
It's definitely not a bad thing with a really young list. It would mean big trouble if we had an aging list or a list with a big gulf between old/young players.

Seriously gotta laugh at the negativity on this thread with some of todays comments.
Trade period hasnt even got under way and 3/4 of us are already in defeatist mode.
OK we havent achieved the super star mid that we so very much need.
Lets look at what has transpired so far with player movements.
Jake Lever(P14 in 2014 draft,age 22 when 2018 season starts).
Likely to be a gun defender,and after 2 seasons wants to move back to Victoria for Family Reasons.
Adelaide want 2x1st Round Draft Picks.
Melbourne is his club of choice.they have picks 10,27 and 45 as their first three picks in this years draft,and have offered Jake $900k a season(Price suggests to me Melbourne rate him highly).
Jake Stringer(P5, 2012 Draft, age24).Absolute gun on his day,match winner,but at present very troubled person,but still has 9 years of good footy ahead of him if he sorts out his issues.
Dogs dont want him ? and wants to go to Essendon.
Devon Smith(P14,2011,age25),very talented Footballer,but not a Superstar,troubled with injuries in recent times.Has chosen Essendon as his preferred club.
Adam Saad(P25.Rookie Draft 2014,Age 24).Decent player at best.
So 3 players have chosen Essendon,who have picks 11,28 and 45 available,but have stated they want to take Pick 11 to the Draft.
Nathan Wilson has chosen to depart GWS and wants to go back West,no dramas with that trade in my opinion,we move on.
Gary Ablett,probably the best footballer of the past decade and has asked for a trade back to the Cats.Probably has 2 years left at the highest level.
With Stringer and Smith not choosing Cats a quicker deal than expected can now get done.
So lets get back to Melbourne and Essendon and the players they are chasing.
Ameet Bains is written all over these trade deals in my opinion,as i feel Adelaide and Essendon will take the above trades deep into week2 of the Trade period.Cant see Melbourne or GWS conceding quickly to lower picks that will be offered.
Also Adam Tomlinson is a pretty decent footballer,but cant see us giving up a top 10 pick for him unless other deals are involved.
Think i agree with the post The Steadier had on here earlier in the day.
Lastly getting back to all the melts,i think this Trade Period will work out rather well for us.

Having said all this i reckon our worst case scenario(Taking 2x1st round picks,to the Draft, if nothing eventuates in the Trade period),may turn out to be our best case scenario long term.
Lets stay positive guys

I rate Newness, he's got a hard edge and leadership qualities. He's got future captain written all over him and part of the real close crew of players who hang out together.
Newnes is just above role player hes avg. Has no composure just bombs the ball like half our team.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i'd love to get hartung on the cheap for a 3rd rounder
you_are_wrong.jpg

Stephenson won't make it past North.

He trained with North by all accounts

Apparently Cerra might which is fantastic for us.

Cerra and Coffield pick 7 and 8

Happy days.
If a club get a boner for Bonar on his draft results and believe that the knee recovery has hampered his playing capabilities then we may see a push of a few back to us. Rayner, CDU, Dow, Stephenson, what do Freo and Coll do..best tall, or maybe Bonar leaves the door open for Cerra & Coffield which would by all accounts be an excellent result..

Trading Tomlinson for 8 may well be not lead to the most desirable result. Not sure how we manufacture Tomlinson without using 7 or 8 at this stage unless there is a McEvoy trade looming.

BTW I have no inside info, just tossing it out there.

Dodo is gonna struggle. Can't just leave every trade to the last second of the trade period when there's 3 to be done. Honestly couldn't care less if Dons get Saad or Stringer, I was keen on Smith. Stringer is time bomb from the sounds of things and Saad doesn't really add anything new to them. They've got fast smalls in spades, what good is another. But Smith is a goal kicking mid or half forward. We could use that and Dons could as well really.

Always one. You get what I mean. Trade period doesn't have to of started to know players have re-signed and have already nominated clubs. Not much will change during actual trade period for the Saints unless where eyeing off some spuds.
Like nothing changed in 2015 and ladt year?

Fair dinkum talk about going of premature

Pick 8 for Tomlinson and Pick 23. Values Tomlinson at about pick 25 based on points.

Best mid @ 7 - Coffield seems to be who we like)

Hope someone like Garner or Petrucelle falls to 23. If not then Matty Ling would go alright. I think. Pace is the target here.

Delist Wright/Minch with a rookie spot offered. Upgrade Marshall with the last pick.

Out - Dempster, Montagna, Riewoldt and Wright
In - Tomlinson, Coffield, Garner and Marshall

We dont need to upgrade rookies anymore. They are now all on the Senior List. (Correct me if I am wrong please)

Impossible! I barrack for St Kilda.

I'm Salty because I had a dream Before the season started that we would land Fyfe. I was at least hoping we could have snagged either of; Fyfe, Rocky, Kelly or Dusty. I really feel we needed one of them.
Fyfe, Kelly and Martin all stayed at home clubs.
We didnt go after Rockliff. Campaigner, another inside mid and not worth what Port will pay him.
Hope for something realistic and not wishful thinking

Has there been anything else on Dahlhaus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back