Rumour 2023 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 33!, 1 BIG FISH ALERT last October 4th) (7 confirmed! 11 Busted!)

Will Clayton Oliver join the Adelaide Crows?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Dees want to get rid of Oliver, surely the deal would need to be good, but not over the top.

Do they want to keep a player on their list if he’s at odds with the club? It could hurt them more to keep him than to trade him out.

Two firsts + McAdam?
2024 First, x2 2023 2nds + McAdam?

A change of club certainly helped Crouch and Stengle.

IMO if we don’t enter the race for him, we know enough to steer clear…. Just saying.
Ok, so I personally think there is ZERO chance we get Oliver (as previously stated, I just cant imagine a Victorian A grade mid coming to us) but if in some mythical land he did want to come across, surely we would only need to trade pick 6 this year and our future first next year (not McAdam as well?). I would just point to the Taranto trade. I know he was out of contract, but that deal only cost Richmond Picks 12 and 19 from memory, for a player who is an equal.

I assume the Dees then, armed with picks 5 and 6, would try and trade up for pick 1 from the Eagles?

Tell me if I am wrong then, but would that also not leave us with 4 picks in the 20s, assuming McAdam and Doedee deals get done, which we could then use to trade up?

I so hope my Crows related pessimism is proved wrong and we actually land a decent (although seemingly troubled) player...while Port get what is left in the bargain bin...

Ok, for fun lets do the exercise and see if we can come up with that outcome for all 3 teams.

CROWS IN: Clayton Oliver
CROWS OUT: Pick 9, F1, Pick 24, Shane McAdam

MELB IN: Pick 1, Pick 24, Shane McAdam
MELB OUT: Pick 5, Pick 13, Clayton Oliver

WC IN: Pick 5, Pick 9, Pick 13, Adelaide F1
WC OUT: Pick 1

I look forward to members of every fanbase telling me how wrong this is!
Take out pick 13. Too much for WC to get for pick 1 and Melbourne pay too much.

So let me get this right we had no problem with one of our former captains and his midfielder mate having a few nose beers in the mid 2000’s.

Yeh, if we can get the deal done then do it. We complain we need another A grade midfielder and here is an opportunity.

You can’t draft all your side to become a flag contender, at some stage you need to trade in quality. We have done it with Dawson and Rankine, complete the trifecta with Oliver if he is available.

If Oliver was as close to burgess as they are saying there really could be some legs to this rumour but who knows. we've been let down too many times before with the big fish.

If Oliver was as close to burgess as they are saying there really could be some legs to this rumour but who knows. we've been let down too many times before with the big fish.
In fact Burgess's Intel re issues outside of the football club and his former Dees contacts would also be very handy if we were any chance.

This is seriously going to mess with my day.
Mr Krabs Meme GIF by MOODMAN

Me since the Oliver linked to Adelaide story broke

Apparently Shane McAdam doesn't share this view.

Reading some of the media the last 24 hours my feel is we aren't getting the full story re Oliver's off field issues so we would want to be right across the depth of these issues. Would be paying a hell of a lot only to see the player crash and burn.
ALso, he's contracted til 2030!

Ok, for fun lets do the exercise and see if we can come up with that outcome for all 3 teams.

CROWS IN: Clayton Oliver
CROWS OUT: Pick 9, F1, Pick 24, Shane McAdam

MELB IN: Pick 1, Pick 24, Shane McAdam
MELB OUT: Pick 5, Pick 13, Clayton Oliver

WC IN: Pick 5, Pick 9, Pick 13, Adelaide F1
WC OUT: Pick 1

I look forward to members of every fanbase telling me how wrong this is!
Looks good to me. Probably take pick 13 out of it as 3 good 1sts (5, 9 and Ade F1) is definitely enough for pick 1.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why?

We have enough picks.
Our picks whatever they are would need to enable the Dees to get pick 1 (Harley Reid) who it's common knowledge even before Oliver's name entered the fray they were prepared to pay up big to get him.

Just another "PlayStation" suggestion...but if we do get 2nd round compo for Doedee, could we end up in a world where we can trade the then 3 picks in the 20s for GCs pick 4 (given we would have more points than the Bulldogs in that scenario with picks 10 and 17? We could then trade pick 4 and the future first for Oliver, while still keeping pick 6...or is this all one dream too far away? Picks 4 and 5 at the Dees definitely gets them a swap with the Eagles for Reid...

North are still providing the most lols

If they'd lost their last game none of this would've provoked as much drama

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back