List Mgmt. 2023 Trade Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lobb is a bit spuddy but he did lead Freo's scoring in his final year and he can actually ruck at a decent standard. He's probably the best actual ruck forward available. You would rather not pay his wage though.
He had a good year at Freo, but I've always found him a bit underwhelming when compared to the hype. Also, isn't he always moaning about not wanting to ruck?

What if the deal is, Essendon pay overs for Gresh so we get 13. We then trade 13 for Shiel and their second which is 28 and they pay for Shiel. So we get an upgrade on the Gresh compo and get Shiel.

Out: Gresh
In: Shiel, 28

Yuck.

Shiel is worth nothing. Injury prone, 31 and on the decline. He’s almost finished, can’t train until after Christmas.

Essendon get pick 13 and Gresham. Double yuck. They ream us in that deal.

We need to get early picks. The above deal does nothing to help us with that.

We’re not just losing Gresham, but we’re taking a 15 pick downgrade for our compo. For a bloke who is almost finished and has been a serial under performer.

FMD Lobb still, what about Schache and Jimmy Toumpas?

Yuck.

Shiel is worth nothing. Injury prone, 31 and on the decline. He’s almost finished, can’t train until after Christmas.

Essendon get pick 13 and Gresham. Double yuck. They ream us in that deal.

We need to get early picks. The above deal does nothing to help us with that.

We’re not just losing Gresham, but we’re taking a 15 pick downgrade for our compo. For a bloke who is almost finished and has been a serial under performer.
In the deal I said we're not paying anything for Shiel. If Gresh is getting band 3 then we are getting a small upgrade on the pick.

I'm not sure I'd do it but that's what I think the deal is. Doubt it happens.

What if the deal is, Essendon pay overs for Gresh so we get 13. We then trade 13 for Shiel and their second which is 28 and they pay for Shiel. So we get an upgrade on the Gresh compo and get Shiel.

Out: Gresh
In: Shiel, 28

thats rank as ****

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lyon didn’t miss (in his calm and quiet way).

Chris Scott was far more expansive. He was almost incredulous that North had received even more draft handouts. I though his head was about to explode.
I can understand why, it's the kinda thing that can absolutely **** the comp for years and we won't know until it's far too late.

Geelong should know, those father son picks they got for SFA set them up for two decades of sustained contending. Joel Selwood retiring finally marked the end of that era.

Thoughts on taking a punt on Jacob Edwards? Just got delisted from North, he's a Sandy boy too

They were raving about him as a 19yo in the mid season draft year. Is a tall skinny kid who might have found it tough playing against the bigger bodies. Perhaps we can have him train with us in the hope of a rookie position?

In the deal I said we're not paying anything for Shiel. If Gresh is getting band 3 then we are getting a small upgrade on the pick.

But Shiel is worthless. He’s almost finished. What’s the point of bringing in a 31 year old on the decline?

At best, he plays a few good games but stops younger lads from playing and developing.

Let Essendon keep their overpaid trash.

We only take-on Shiel as the price to pay for pick 13. Essendon get Gresham without having to expend any draft capital. That is their pay-off. Our compo pick is off the table.

Thoughts on taking a punt on Jacob Edwards? Just got delisted from North, he's a Sandy boy too
North's list tell the story here. They're almost certain to lose Todd Goldstein. This leaves Tristan Xerri who only played 9 games this year after injuring his ankle round 1. After that is 25 year old rookie prospect Hamish Free (who's never played AFL level), Jacob Edwards and Callum Coleman-Jones (who has a... let's say interesting history).

With these thin ruck stocks, North had two choices - promote Edwards off the rookie list or delist. They chose to delist. That's reason enough for us to avoid.

But Shiel is worthless. He’s almost finished. What’s the point of bringing in a 31 year old on the decline?

At best, he plays a few good games but stops younger lads from playing and developing.

Let Essendon keep their overpaid trash.

We only take-on Shiel as the price to pay for pick 13. Essendon get Gresham without having to expend any draft capital. That is their pay-off. Our compo pick is off the table.
Would be an amazing deal for us. Unfortunately there is no reason for Essendon to do it so it ain't happening.

He would for sure but it's fools gold. Too old, too injury prone, too overpaid. He's taking a spot off a player who is going to build cohesion and synchronicity with his team mates. If we aren't going for a flag next year we would be better giving Windhager an inside mid role and playing him there.

I'd rather use Gresham's compo on a guy like Demattia and have him building up on the list than some old guy taking a precious list spot off others for a few spot upgrade on Gresham's compo. The player we get there might end up better than what we traded up to get anyway. It's a pretty even draft between about 8 and 20.
What type of sorcery is this you speak of?
Using draft picks on the draft 🤔
Quite unheard.

We don’t want Shiel the player, we want the pick that taking on his money gets us. Crazy how many people are confused by it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back