List Mgmt. 2023 Trade Thread - Part III

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The embedded resources below are kept up to date by the trade board mods (as much as possible – we are human after all). Enjoy!

Courtesy of Lore

Last edited by a moderator:
Peter Bell is such a flog.

"Oh we get that there's family reasons but why does Lachie only want one club?"

You mean like how the Eagles were willing to pay pick 1 for Luke Jackson but he only wanted to go to Freo?

I agree with his sentiment that the system doesn't work properly, but to act like Freo haven't been a major beneficiary of that over the years is just stupid.

Peter Bell is such a flog.

"Oh we get that there's family reasons but why does Lachie only want one club?"

You mean like how the Eagles were willing to pay pick 1 for Luke Jackson but he only wanted to go to Freo?

I agree with his sentiment that the system doesn't work properly, but to act like Freo haven't been a major beneficiary of that over the years is just stupid.
Might have retained him if they hadn’t screwed him over for years, kept him on the rookie list and payed him peanuts. Fremantle are another club who just whinges incessantly about injustices inflicted on them by departing players, other clubs the afl, acts of god and so on.

My daughter just came back from Tassie where she met up with a few friends who have family down there. She said locals were vocal about the proposed stadium and not one she met supported it, strongly opposed. I can see north continuing to play games down there but it’s hard not to think this Tassie team might not get up after all.

Yep there is a big anti- stadium push down here, I'm a local and for it, as are majority of mates but not all and not all family. Some Tasmanians hate change and argue yes team but no stadium....it is nonsensical. The stadium is an investment that will make $s for the state in the medium to long term, if that money / state and fed funding is taken away it will not go to Health and Housing (not saying there is not a need but a better more confident economy will help address these issues)

Irony is the site currently has Hobart's sewerage plant and some want to preserve it. The stadium and team would be great for Tassie but there is high probability it will not get up. Also hate paying fn North and Hawthorn big $s to play here.

Apologies for rant - it fires me up.!!

Will the Saints do a surprise trade (not mentioned)?

Where there is smoke, there is fire.
Fire burns very hot.
Hot enough for a Demon to live in.
Not hot enough to melt Steele though.
Despite the low cost of the Billings

Steele + Billings to the Demons for Pick 6 + F1st + F3rd

Yep there is a big anti- stadium push down here, I'm a local and for it, as are majority of mates but not all and not all family. Some Tasmanians hate change and argue yes team but no stadium....it is nonsensical. The stadium is an investment that will make $s for the state in the medium to long term, if that money / state and fed funding is taken away it will not go to Health and Housing (not saying there is not a need but a better more confident economy will help address these issues)

Irony is the site currently has Hobart's sewerage plant and some want to preserve it. The stadium and team would be great for Tassie but there is high probability it will not get up. Also hate paying fn North and Hawthorn big $s to play here.

Apologies for rant - it fires me up.!!
What struck me was she’s not really into that into the footy, people were bringing it up and there was some passion about it. I love it down there and know the area it’s proposed for well. I have no idea why the afl have imposed this demand on Tasmania but I think it’s very unfair. Investing that sort of money in that location is an issue for Tasmanians, Blundstone is fit for purpose and that condition should be removed Imo.

What struck me was she’s not really into that into the footy, people were bringing it up and there was some passion about it. I love it down there and know the area it’s proposed for well. I have no idea why the afl have imposed this demand on Tasmania but I think it’s very unfair. Investing that sort of money in that location is an issue for Tasmanians, Blundstone is fit for purpose and that condition should be removed Imo.

cheers - Blundstone is not fit for purpose, in a residential area painful to get in an out, no scope for expansion. Proposed site would set the team up going forward within walking distance of cbd and have potential for a transport hub / entertainment district. New stadium is needed and the state should unite and get behind it. It may be unfair in comparison to the concessions given to GWS and Gold Coast but it is intended to make sure the club is sustainable I am fine with that. (not fine with our long term treatment by the AFL though)

Hope we hold out on Gresham, is hard though if he doesn't want to play with us.

What stands out is how god awful boring other boards trade threads are (Injectors with the added bonus of also being mind-numbingly unintelligent).

This thread is a shining beacon of what is possible. What others should aspire to.

In the past week we have touched on cuisine, geopolitics, toilet sex, and some trades. We’re the Michael Bevan all-rounders of the footballing world and should be appreciated accordingly.

Maybe the adversity builds character thing is real because you are 100% right. Most opposition boards are full of simpleton dullards.

They come over here and you can't help but wonder if they are trying to escape form each other. A few minutes on the Essendon board and you feel your will to live escaping.

Actually Essendon have been shit for years and those gawping slack-jaws are as dull as a hammer. That theory doesn't hold water.

Also because I am a somewhat vindictive sh*t and Essendon have already blown their warchest, would we have any interest in McGrath as a RFA next year? Only signed very late in the piece last time, and might want to actually play finals sometime in his career.

JWebb maybe only got one more left and Paton is struggling. Only leaves Stocker for that role. So would likely slot into our best 22 and would only be 26 when he arrives. Not saying offer crazy money, but for nothing but SC he is maybe worth the question.

If nothing else we force Essendon to pay up to keep him

No for me. Overrated. He ****s around with the ball too much.

Maybe the adversity builds character thing is real because you are 100% right. Most opposition boards are full of simpleton dullards.

They come over here and you can't help but wonder if they are trying to escape form each other. A few minutes on the Essendon board and you feel your will to live escaping.

Actually Essendon have been s**t for years and those gawping slack-jaws are as dull as a hammer. That theory doesn't hold water.

Essendon fans still seem to think they are good though. It’s like they haven’t registered that the year 2000 was 23 years ago yet.

cheers - Blundstone is not fit for purpose, in a residential area painful to get in an out, no scope for expansion. Proposed site would set the team up going forward within walking distance of cbd and have potential for a transport hub / entertainment district. New stadium is needed and the state should unite and get behind it. It may be unfair in comparison to the concessions given to GWS and Gold Coast but it is intended to make sure the club is sustainable I am fine with that. (not fine with our long term treatment by the AFL though)

Hope we hold out on Gresham, is hard though if he doesn't want to play with us.
Slightly off topic - apologies - but Blundstone is a fantastic oval to watch cricket- great view and close to the action!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Actually Essendon have been s**t for years and those gawping slack-jaws are as dull as a hammer. That theory doesn't hold water.
Have to be careful - my brother barracks for Essendon - he is family (but delusional when it comes to the Bombas - & so easy to wind up!)

F27f1ek.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah that’s not the point. The point is people should not be assumed to know some condition somebody has as if it defines an ability to provide criticism. I’m sure that people impacted by mental health issues don’t want to be defended by that, nor should opinions be limited by that (if it’s true).

I’m not going to go search for it. I prefer to judge by performance on the field. I try not to have an interest in the off field stuff. That is I try to treat them all equally and not dig to try and manipulate some sort of subjective level assessment. Just on the field performance. It would be very time consuming to investigate the off field life of everybody, personally judge what needed to be considered on a subjective basis and what didn’t, and work out how that should impact expectations and judgment.

That was my point initially in support of somebody that did not know about the other stuff. Nothing more. Nothing less.

Ah yeah all good just wanted to say they're worth watching if you have the time and are into the saints (as most appear to be on this forum). Im not really even sure where this discussion started from.

Told my mates fit mum that she looked like his sister, naturally she was flustered and couldn't contain her excitement.

Deal should get done by COB today - the first of our trade period 😎

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back