Votes: 27 16.9%
  • Chad Warner

Votes: 85 53.1%
  • Charlie Curnow

Votes: 10 6.3%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I’ll go on the line and say Ralph is wrong about it being WC
Just while I have you attention Snuff seeing you're all aboard the Simpson hype train like I am I'm wondering if you're aware that if we got Baker for the Collingwood 1st round pick (which may be top 10) then that would still mean we would have traded Shultz and a third rounder (that we used to upgrade the 2023 pick we got for Shultz) for Simpson and Baker. If that happened the Shultz trade might go down as one of the best in our history.

Morris says Freo, I’m happy to believe Morris over Ralph who seems to be basing it “on the feel of the thing”

Ralph knows, he just wants to have the discussion about WCs first pick so when it's not WC the footy world is still humming around that sort of value for his previous Tigers.

Just while I have you attention Snuff seeing you're all aboard the Simpson hype train like I am I'm wondering if you're aware that if we got Baker for the Collingwood 1st round pick (which may be top 10) then that would still mean we would have traded Shultz and a third rounder (that we used to upgrade the 2023 pick we got for Shultz) for Simpson and Baker. If that happened the Shultz trade might go down as one of the best in our history.
Haha maybe, Schultz still a decent player but it loses points for giving up way way too much for Baker if top 10. Half of Warner and Simpson for Schultz though…

Of the team from the weekend, Warner and Baker could comfortably replace any of these names and make significantly us better. Johnson, JOM, Walters, Emmett and that still leaves room for Simpson to push one of them out

I like the Baker trade theory. Perfect for JOMs role. We should also be having a dip at Will Hayward and failing that Zurhaar as a back up.

I’d wait a year on Warner unless he is desperate.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Haha maybe, Schultz still a decent player but it loses points for giving up way way too much for Baker if top 10. Half of Warner and Simpson for Schultz though…
What I was saying was basically even if we pay what I would consider the max for Baker we still look like having a massive win in the Shultz trade. Baker is class and has a brilliant long kick while having genuine pace. Attributes Shultz doesn't have.

Depends on how much Yeo gets paid too. He grew up a massive Freo fan! Hahaha. Plus they will have to pay the Golden Child to keep him. Won’t be easy, and Walls will make it hard
Yeo is an interesting one.

Anyone smelling something like lobb acres perfume with his amazing change in form in his final season of contract?

Yeo is an interesting one.

Anyone smelling something like lobb acres perfume with his amazing change in form in his final season of contract?
Nah. He’s just not injured.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

LDU would be a great get, floundering this year at north but can hardly blame him. has seem unreal burst and agility and gets some cleannn clearances that we do not get. capable of kicking a goal as well. doubt hed come here though so lets just stick with the chad
Didnt LDU tell us to ggf when talking to him about drafting him?

Thought that was why we came up with the brayshaw first then cerra strategy - because we couldnt draft LDU?

Reckon Eagles want one more sniff at finals while McMuffin and the other older guys have a bit more juice in the tank. It’s trading out long term success for a quick fix for a year or two, go back down and then come up again.

Bit like how 2011 and 12 they were all of sudden in the finals after a wooden spoon, then were a non entity for a few years.

Can see them trading out heavily for Baker and next years first and some to get their hands on Warner.

When their tall backs retire, they’ll come crashing down for a bit then rise again.

They could have a midfield consisting of Yeo, Kelly, Reid, Warner and Baker.

That alone propels them into finals next year.
Then when Yeo, Fatty and Barrass inevitably breakdown in the next two years, Kelly is 31 and being asked to be the main mid again, Waterman remembers he's actually not that guy and they dont have the talent to do more than scrape into the 8 with no elite picks and Tassie coming in we can all laugh at them for trying to top up AGAIN...

I dont think WC are stupid enough to really be chasing Baker

Morris is all over everything at the moment, ignore his opinions but that dude seems to have taken his sabbatical and just built more contacts everywhere. WC will buy Graham who provides the 80% of Baker onfield with all the intangibles they are after and not lose a draft pick.

I think we are in a good position no matter what. So many good options and possibilities.
The Derby threatened to put a dampener on the whole season but it's a very fun year to be a Freo fan. In the running for finals with a young core building, 3 1st round picks and s**t tonne of cap space. You dont get fun years like this where you can win in September and October very often, peeps should embrace it

The Derby threatened to put a dampener on the whole season but it's a very fun year to be a Freo fan. In the running for finals with a young core building, 3 1st round picks and s**t tonne of cap space. You dont get fun years like this where you can win in September and October very often, peeps should embrace it
True mate.
Last year was hard work with nothing to look forward to.

If Baker nominates west coast over Freo then

Give west coast our first and third pick of our 1st rounders for their first which should be pick 4. They take Baker and Freo get pick 4 to use on a gun mid for the next 12 years.
Generally a top 5 pick requires a 8-10 pick plus probably another pick in the 11-16 range or thereabouts. Can vary depending on how the talent spread is rated.

Back