Autopsy AFL 2022 Second Qualifying Final - Demons v Swans Fri Sept 2nd 7:50pm EST (MCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Dees by a goal or less

Votes: 10 6.5%
  • Swans by a goal or less

Votes: 6 3.9%
  • Dees by 7 - 20

Votes: 56 36.1%
  • Swans by 7 - 20

Votes: 50 32.3%
  • Dees by a lot

Votes: 22 14.2%
  • Swans by a lot

Votes: 9 5.8%
  • Draw

Votes: 2 1.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Dees finals draw.

Qualifying final at their home ground.
Lose, play elimination final at their home ground.
Win, play "away" prelim at their home ground.
Win, play Grand Final at their home ground.

Vic teams don't have any advantages.

Tbf we have won our last 12 or 13 interstate, so it's probably a disadvantage to us. Plus the last two grand finals have been played out of Victoria and no non-Victorian team made either grand final

6Fb07e.gif
Lol, who is that bloke?

Never seen him before and then over the last week he pops up on every Melbourne promo from the club

Dees finals draw.

Vic Melbourne teams don't have any advantages.
EFA.

One Victorian side shafted every year. Only the greatest of aberrations sees it get a proper home final.

Melbourne should play 1 man short. Would do better.
It's a bit unfair for everyone to single out Jake Melksham. He did miss two shots for goal when Sydney were establishing a match-winning lead. That puts a target on his back. But in terms of doing f**k-all for Melbourne, he had a few mates.

Where the hell was Kozzy Pickett all night?

What about Jake Lever, Angus Brayshaw, Christian Salem, Ben Brown, Luke Jackson, Jayden Hunt, Michael Hibberd ???
They all had forgettable games. Melksham is their 22nd player. The Dees would expect a lot more from a few of the above.

Dees finals draw.

Any Marvel Stadium tenant.

Qualifying final never at home ground.
Semi final never at home ground.
Preliminary final never at home ground.
Grand final never at home ground.

Interstate teams don’t have any advantages.

The Demons would have never won a flag in a non Covid cup year
Richmond won the Covid Cup* in 2020
The Dees played a full season of 25 games to win their flag. Matches that actually went for 2 hours.
The Tigers won their "lightning premiership" in a Mickey Mouse season... A 'made for TV' event that shouldn't even count.

Last edited:
Our form has been woeful for weeks, we’ve not been able to transition the ball well at all through the middle and we continue to deliver the ball wide to our flanks and pockets because we have no confidence kicking to Brown. So many passengers tonight, just so many. You also can’t miss easy shots in big moments. Which is what we did.

It was so obvious in the second quarter what was unfolding; we had a 16 point lead and then Sydney got themselves 10 points up. It became arduous grinding football and they just saw us off at every point. You’d have thought when we kicked 3 quickly in the third that things might shift, but no, no ability to get another 2 quickly and put them further behind.

It’s clear what we need to recruit for, we need a good KPF and we need to get another quality outside midfielder because Brayshaw just isn’t a midfielder, he is a great HBF. We also need to change our strategy and approach into 50, it’s so tedious and predictable.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Buddy has kicked 50 goals this year

May owned him last night, but I wouldn't write him off just yet

He commands respect and will always warrant the #1 defender, and even then at times he is double teamed. Unless you have a defensive beast such as a May/Davis type, he is kicking goals. But even when he doesn't, it frees up other forwards. Last night wasn't a great night for the talls bar probably Reid, but the chaos ball strategy doesn't lend itself to talls anyways, hence why the small-mid sized utility's were so damaging for the Swans last night.

.....or be my guest and throw the #2 defender on him......

Any Marvel Stadium tenant.

Qualifying final never at home ground.
Semi final never at home ground.
Preliminary final never at home ground.
Grand final never at home ground.

Interstate teams don’t have any advantages.

Nah doesn't really equate. You might not play on your home deck, but you still are for all intents and purposes at home. No travel. Sleep in the same bed. Have your whole club personnel available from the same place, same training facilities etc. You failed.

No Burgess, no Melbourne?
I think this is part of it, definitely. We were so fit last year. We could run out a game and and it looked like we still had plenty left. I mentioned this earlier, we look very flat and unfit. They can’t catch up from a few goals down. We were 19 points down in the GF at one point and won by 74 points.

It’s unbelievable.

BT getting absolutely smashed in the rooms, the boys giving him nothing.

Going so bad he just crashed several other in-progress interviews. And got told to **** off the 2nd time :tearsofjoy:

#RoamingBrian
Didn't the Swans lock him out of the room a few years back and got a nasty note from the AFL. Lucky I have Fox and don't need to watch the buffoon

Didn't the Swans lock him out of the room a few years back and got a nasty note from the AFL. Lucky I have Fox and don't need to watch the buffoon
Brian Taylor has got to be the most useless spud to have his dial on TV in the history of the media landscape in Australia.

I'm definitely salty that we lost but at least we didn't lose by under a goal or 2. That Buddy flop changed the entire game.

Not much went right for us tonight. Umps murdered us, the Gawn turnover in the back line, the Kozzie Pickett 50m and goal, the Harmes 50m and goal. It's really hard to recover from this. I'm not saying they weren't there but it's just hard to recover from.

I thought Sydney's midfield were good all night. Our defence did a great effort to limit the amount of goals that Sydney kicked. Steven May owned Franklin but it was at the expense of Reid playing like Sav Rocca (like he usually does against us). May also made 2 horrendous turnovers.

I think 11 or 12 or Sydneys goals were from Melbourne unforced turnovers. We need to be better.

All in all, I thought we played ok despite having no forward line and carrying the 2 worst players on the ground in Ben Brown and Melksham.

Sydney are a pretty even team and don't carry passengers like this.

The umpires were putrid both ways wasnt just one way. Harmes was dumb and it’s probably a good thing if we aren’t letting those go. He’s lucky he hasn’t caused major injury and the opponent played out the game

The difference is that Richmond also won multiple flags in non covid cup years, Melbourne didn't
That’s not different because you weren’t talking about 17 & 19.

FWIW, Melbourne have some elite talent but have a very stiff coach and we are carrying some blokes that can’t go into 2023. I am not getting into anything re 2021, we won our PF and GF by 70+ and every other team was in the same boat.

Dees finals draw.

I’d rather play in Brisbane, Adelaide and Perth every week.

We are rubbish in Melbourne.

Well done last night, hard to see you not making the GF from here.

Back