Multiplat AFL 23 - Part 2 (23/04/24 PATCH: Sliders are here)

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Some of the new guernseys for all wondering, 2023 kits will also be available in teams.
People First and Engie have also been updated to include the new sponsorship names.
Had not seen that Richmond jumper before...What an ugly jumper.

I'm having a hellish time with this so far. Automatic player switching feels so frantic and aggressive that I don't even have time to notice who I'm controlling, which makes it extremely hard to win the ball in contests. It also frequently switches to players who are nowhere near the contest and if I try to manually switch the game just overrides me and switches back.

Am I just too dumb and slow to keep up? Or is this game meant to be played with manual switching only?
Definitely not just you, really hard to work out who you are controlling and once you do it quickly swaps. But on manual it is too hard to control what player you want to control.

On SM-S901E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Another couple little things:

-When on semi-assisted you can't just stay as the man on the mark and it is flip flopping the selected player, meaning all of a sudden there a heap of players that you control for a few seconds standing still and a heap of loose opposition players.
- when trying to cycle the target either RB, it is random and most of the time ends up being called play on before targeting who you want to kick to.
It needs to be like the older games of holding in RB whilst cycling through the targets with the thumbstick.

Ok fellas I think we're here, time for a group hug. Bring it in bring it in. Aah that felt nice. Is Ross allowed back? No? Ok, baby steps.
Are we actually here?

I head all before only to download the game and the issues to still be there. It all sounds too good to be true.

And do the tactics actually represent modern footy or is still 6-6-6 pairs over the ground?

Are we actually here?

I head all before only to download the game and the issues to still be there. It all sounds too good to be true.

And do the tactics actually represent modern footy or is still 6-6-6 pairs over the ground?
I think itā€™s close, personally. Still a few small things that need fixing of course. Have only played the one game but I genuinely enjoyed it. Tactics seemed to work from the small sample I had. Aside from kick ins, it was possible to outnumber the opposition and on the other end, get hurt on the counter attack

I think itā€™s close, personally. Still a few small things that need fixing of course. Have only played the one game but I genuinely enjoyed it. Tactics seemed to work from the small sample I had. Aside from kick ins, it was possible to outnumber the opposition and on the other end, get hurt on the counter attack
And are stoppages properly congested like modern footy?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I play Manual select player and it is soooo much better than before. Game changer having this fixed.

Players running to assist, handballs hitting targets, and new mechanics with Quick Shot and 3rd Person Viewā€¦ feels really good to play.

Are we actually here?

It's still the same game, if you need stuff to be unhappy about you will find it. Counting the minutes to the first hot take on how everything is completely broken and worse than ever. It will happen at some point.

But if you keep it simple - can you now move the ball and your teammates actually help? Yes. Is the game now more to do with skill than anger management? Also yes. Considering where we have come it's a win imo.

Looking at the gameplay, players still run like they weigh 2 kgs and the marking contests are all 1v1 forced wrestles with no numbers around the marking contests. They should have slowed the players down like Live 2011, and definitely added sliders. I liked the rotating on the mark, but possession play looks irrelevant since marking is 9/10 of the time, so it's as easy as just hacking it forward. Also, there's a lot of hand balls that simply teleport without any animation showing a pass.

Last edited:
I'm having a hellish time with this so far. Automatic player switching feels so frantic and aggressive that I don't even have time to notice who I'm controlling, which makes it extremely hard to win the ball in contests. It also frequently switches to players who are nowhere near the contest and if I try to manually switch the game just overrides me and switches back.

Am I just too dumb and slow to keep up? Or is this game meant to be played with manual switching only?
Played a quick game at lunch. Definitely not just you, and it wasn't like that before. I was trying to run back to fill a hole and it just kept switching control back to someone else. Took me a little bit to figure out what it was doing as I'd move focus to where I was running, then look back for my player and be like "...wait... where'd you go?"

And are stoppages properly congested like modern footy?
Not really, no. The field is set up better and teammates offer support a lot more in general play but stoppages seem the same in terms of congestion. I donā€™t think weā€™ll get to that stage with this iteration. Hopefully in AFL25 they implement genuine contested play which would allow for congestion around stoppages.
But in saying that, it feels more rewarding when you string together a nice play from a stoppage. Didnā€™t have that feel pre patch

Played a quick game at lunch. Definitely not just you, and it wasn't like that before. I was trying to run back to fill a hole and it just kept switching control back to someone else. Took me a little bit to figure out what it was doing as I'd move focus to where I was running, then look back for my player and be like "...wait... where'd you go?"
Turn player switching from Semi Assisted to Manual. Just had another go with this and itā€™s much better

Can anybody explain what the red cross for Comben and Shiels is in management mode? Assuming it means injured?

Thought I would have a crack seeing the game is playable for the first time. 20240319_153721.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back