Multiplat AFL 23 - Part 2 (23/04/24 PATCH: Sliders are here)

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Glitch

Same game:

** A Geelong player was penalised for a "high fend off" (aka the Dusty don't argue) - yet got the free kick ?? very bizarre**

Was it at Kardinia? If so that's pretty standard umpiring.

AcWdvUm.png

And will probably uninstall again until the next patch.
I've had 4 games freeze in the same situation (boundary throw in the right forward pocket late in the 4th quarter).

This one was gold 1272 with enough time on the clock to push for 1400 :(

AcWdvUm.png

And will probably uninstall again until the next patch.
I've had 4 games freeze in the same situation (boundary throw in the right forward pocket late in the 4th quarter).

This one was gold 1272 with enough time on the clock to push for 1400 :(
Donā€™t the unrealistic stats grind your gears ?
Canā€™t imagine someone having 200 touches in 20 mins be fun šŸ¤£

I actually have fun with it, even though yes it's repetitive as I've said (not to be too defensive about it everyone is entitled to an opinion). I do it to challenge myself for various reasons (see if I can beat previous "high scores", see if I can reach a kill screen/crash situation which I did a few times after the score goes above 1200).

The unrealistic in game stats doesn't bother me, maybe one game I'll just focus on the full forward only and see if I can have them kick 100 goals on their own :p

I don't and won't be playing full time limits ALL of the time 1 over 2 hour game could be many 2-5 minute quarter games.... or 12+ games of Rocket League for example lol.

So after five games in a row, overall far more enjoyable now..the main niggles seem to be..

- too many holding the ball calls and free kicks lock on quickly around the contest, you could instead have a vairiety of things occur, the ball spills out or a handball release is a more viable option, with good timing, and a player could hold space just a little longer.(maybe an even spread of variables instead, as well as a tiny bit longer to allow a handball release!).

- kicking for goal on the run. Either Iā€™m just terrible at it, or the ball doesnā€™t seem to go the direction I direct it with the R stick. So maybe a pointer cross or an arrow could appear(over the goals) in this scenario so you can direct the ball as its in the flight of play, more visually.(before you kick the ball, a pointer appears to help guide ball in that 1-2 second interval).

- lining up for goal. The 2nd bar for accuracy goes too fast to match the input, you often have to guess, maybe thatā€™s on purpose to simulate a kick not being too easy, but I dunno, maybe the original or early shot bars were better?! Maybe even just the older (R-Stick) function could be a good option as well.(maybe thr ability to change kick-for-goal shot-bar functionality)

- is there a bump function at all in the game, or am I missing something? Doesnā€™t seem to be one yet.(is this because the AFL wants to move away from the classic bump?!).

Aside from that, having a lot of close games, and enjoying it. (Accept for too many holding the balls being called).

^^ I think a lot of that could be addressed by just having more menu settings to change sliders and gameplay options, eventually.

But I think the gameplay still needs more testing and refining until more custom settings are available. Itā€™s closer, but itā€™s not at that sweet spot yet.

You could literally spend a day just sitting down and testing this all out with a rational mindset to refine with a mission to get it to that mostly fun, sweet point of the state of play. Itā€™s not that far off, but itā€™s not quite there.

Last edited:
I've run into an issue when trying to add logos to custom guernseys. When you open the menu to choose your logo it will immediately close and select the first logo in your list by itself.
Anyone else having the same issue?

I have also ran into this issue, frustrating as creating kits is one of my favourite parts of the game, hopeful this is quickly fixed.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Iā€™d also love to be able to cancel a kick and instead handball. Sometimes you go to kick and realise youā€™re gonna get caught because youā€™re just not far enough in front of your opponent so you want to be able to handball but you canā€™t because itā€™s stuck in that kicking animation and thereā€™s absolutely nothing you can do other than accept the fact that itā€™s about to be holding the ball

Doesnā€™t this happen with games like NBA2k? If you play 12 min qrt like real life the scores and everything is alway way higher than real life.

I think 7.5mins is probably best time for real life scores and stats in AFL games normally

Is anyone else having this issue where itā€™s stuck on the black loading screen after a game on Management Career? Sorry if this is a commonly reported issue, but itā€™s frustrating as hell.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Iā€™d also love to be able to cancel a kick and instead handball. Sometimes you go to kick and realise youā€™re gonna get caught because youā€™re just not far enough in front of your opponent so you want to be able to handball but you canā€™t because itā€™s stuck in that kicking animation and thereā€™s absolutely nothing you can do other than accept the fact that itā€™s about to be holding the ball
I don't think they really planned much out, since most sport titles have cancellation kicks, these days, like eFootball. Another thing that looks rushed is only the camera rotates, after a player takes a mark if you choose to change the camera view, the players do not rotate with the camera, whereas Live 2011 had players being able to rotate after a mark without even needing to choose a different camera angle, which helped with where you want to move if you choose to play a possession game.

Last edited:
- too many holding the ball calls and free kicks lock on quickly around the contest, you could instead have a vairiety of things occur, the ball spills out or a handball release is a more viable option, with good timing, and a player could hold space just a little longer.(maybe an even spread of variables instead, as well as a tiny bit longer to allow a handball release!).
The increase in dropping the ball calls appears to be game balancing, trying to make it less of a bomb-it-long-always game, and to promote smarter congested play with the ā€˜arms-up and ride the tackleā€™ action.

Iā€™ve been playing around with the R Stick and the ability to get the handball out is almost certain if youā€™ve got the hands freeā€¦ which I donā€™t think it was consistently that in the past.

It seems like the disposal-when-tackled logic is improved in this patchā€¦ including which directions you can get it out to, and sometimes the kick-while-tackled option instead of the handball.

So instead of trying to kick when someone is close to you, you either have to quickly Clearance Kick (L2), or take the tackle (with arms up) and handball out to a teammate.

Iā€™m using Collingwood in management mode with 2024 jumpers and after round 3 the reigning premiers afl badge disappeared and reverted back to standard afl badge šŸ¤£šŸ¤£
Really odd glitch

Canā€™t get past the first game in a season or a career mode

Keeps telling my ā€œacademy data is corruptā€

How do I fix this ?

Canā€™t get past the first game in a season or a career mode

Keeps telling my ā€œacademy data is corruptā€

How do I fix this ?
Not sure if this works.... but if you don't have any custom players (that you can't re-download later), then you can go to Settings -> Reset Academy Data, and then choose 'Players' and/or Clubs... then try again.

Iā€™ve been playing around with the R Stick and the ability to get the handball out is almost certain if youā€™ve got the hands freeā€¦ which I donā€™t think it was consistently that in the past.

This is one of the biggest reasons we need Tutorial mode Iā€™d say. Iā€™ve tried this R stick up a lot of times but I never seem to get the animation or the timing of it correct. Are you meant to flick the stick up as youā€™re being tackled or once you are tackled?

This is one of the biggest reasons we need Tutorial mode Iā€™d say. Iā€™ve tried this R stick up a lot of times but I never seem to get the animation or the timing of it correct. Are you meant to flick the stick up as youā€™re being tackled or once you are tackled?
Hold it up just prior to being tackled.

You can practice when youā€™re in huge open spaceā€¦ but it only lasts a second or soā€¦ meaning, you canā€™t just run along all the time with your arms up waiting for someone to tackle youā€¦. You need to somewhat pre-empt the incoming tackle.

Anyone know when they will bring in interchanges online?
At the moment it doesnā€™t do auto interchanges online and thereā€™s no option to do it manually via the menu.

I like playing a higher stakes game. Started a season mode on Hardest difficulty..... 3.5 min quarters. But I don't "try" to win aggressively. Last night playing half hearted I shot off to a mini lead, but Geelong booted 6 in a row. So I was on the back foot from then on (trying to regain momentum with the shorter quarters).

It's weird though as I didn't keep the pressure on, but the AI booted the ball out on the full (literally kicked it out myself after the kick in, they went for goal and kicked it out themselves). So I was more careful after that and ended up winning by 30 points.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back