AFL @ Adelaide's Oval - That time is now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah the signage goes pretty much all around the ground and there is a good few metres distance between the fence and electronic signage boards. Which means that the days of kids getting a player to sign their mini bat over the fence are well and truly over.

Security, to their credit, are relaying stuff over the fence to the players to be signed

but those paying top dollar to sit in those red seats on the Eastern side are getting ripped off given the sun conditions and the lower rows of the next level up are probably just a little bit better viewing IMO.
After the showdown I went there just to have a look.
I think they're the worst seats in the stadium.

Bottom level at the front - You're enclosed all around and the crowd is ontop of you, amazing atmosphere. While getting up and close with the play. Can almost feel apart of the game.
Top level - You're up high and get a good view across the whole field allowing you to follow the game and see the play unfolding.
Middle level - s**t, you're not ontop of the action seeing the whole game clearly, and you're not right up close and personal feeling apart of the game.
Bottom level at the back - Same as middle level but with shade.

When I went down, I've gone 'This is $300 more than what I'm paying? The only reason I'd every sit here is either, a) the last seats in the stadium available, or b) what I was handed by ticketek/master when they give me 'Best Available' for a final.

I would never sit there if there were other alternatives. The only people I think who'd sit there are the upper class snobs who like to feel more important than everyone else by getting the more expensive seats...........Even when they're inferior.

Security, to their credit, are relaying stuff over the fence to the players to be signed

Nice. Still remember the day as a kid I tried to get Ambrose's autograph on my minibat and he did not even acknowledge us kids.

Was in that area near the fence today at about about 330pm today and a couple of Indian teenybobbers were devastated they could get selfies with the Indian fielders.

Just on that, it had a One Direction concert fell to it. Well not that I know as I have not been to such a gig, but how I imagine it to be. My brother (who has played some cricket in India) has said Indian cricketers are treated like rockstars over there. Got a glimpse of that today.

Top level - You're up high and get a good view across the whole field allowing you to follow the game and see the play unfolding.

The posiiton we had was smack bang middle of the ground one row up. it was great viewing. Even for cricket given it was side on.

They were only serving Carlton mid strength in members today. Somewhat disappointing considering I only rarely frequent this area. I also heard that the coffee vendors had to use ICC approved coffee beans instead of their own. Crazy stuff.

They were only serving Carlton mid strength in members today. Somewhat disappointing considering I only rarely frequent this area. I also heard that the coffee vendors had to use ICC approved coffee beans instead of their own. Crazy stuff.
I didn't drink any beer today as refuse to drink that cub crap.

What! Gallop realises Australia doesn't end at Penrith!
Last time Australia played somewhere outside of Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane, Canberra or Newcastle.......10 years ago )In Perth). Last time in Adelaide.....The year before that in 2004. The Oceanic Nations Cup. But I guess they'll argue 5 games in 9 days makes up for 11 years without anything?

There won't be one - Anthony Daniels - SMA Chairman said on FiveAA that it will be a completely clean stadium. LFC have basically hired Adelaide Oval for the night and will have all signage,all money from food beverage profits and probably most of the ticket sales (AUFC may get small cut).

It will be the same as the United vs Victory game in October when the whole ground was open and zero SMA/SACA Members could use their tickets in pre-sales. I had my ticket in the Eastern stand but I walked around the whole oval as the members area was open to all. That is the 1st and only time I have been into the Western stand area since the redevelopment.
Backflip time...
As a valued Adelaide Oval Football Member you will receive priority access to purchase tickets for this event before they go on sale to the general public.
No mention of price or when they are on sale yet.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No mention of price or when they are on sale yet.

However it does say that the prices and the date they go on sale are being determined wholly by Liverpool FC

Also none of what you quoted is a backflip - they never promised no priority access to tickets for Reds members, but SACA is a small surprise. The stadium will still be wide open and you can still walk around, the general public just has to wait about 2 days before they can buy their tickets.

Also none of what you quoted is a backflip - they never promised no priority access to tickets for Reds members, but SACA is a small surprise. The stadium will still be wide open and you can still walk around, the general public just has to wait about 2 days before they can buy their tickets.
It will be the same as the United vs Victory game in October when the whole ground was open and zero SMA/SACA Members could use their tickets in pre-sales.

So the no presale comments weren't meant to include Visa card holders, SMA members, SACA members? and now Adelaide United members are also getting a turn before FFA Family members.

So it is a clean deal and they get to set prices etc. but all the usual suspects are getting in ahead of the public.

Only way the Socceroos come to Adelaide, is if the government puts their hand into their pocket and fork up some cash.

Like $1,000,000 to start off with.

By the sounds of things, I'll be amazed if there are any tickets left for the general public at all.

I reckon within an hour and a half of the pre sale that all 53000 tickets will be sold.

From memory for the MCG game two years ago nearly all the 95,000 tickets went within the first hour or so.

If rumours are true LFC Local Members, AUFC Members, FFA Football Family (anyone can join this), sounds like SACA/SMA Members, will get access to the Pre Sale & all ticket holders from the MCG game received an email today saying they will be eligible for the presale too.

I've signed up as an FFA Football family, & have fingers and toes crossed that I can secure a ticket!

Looks like I get in at 11am Monday for the offer and I don't think the sawn off one is interested in going so I may have a spare offer email floating around.

Anyone else heard the club are absolutely filthy about the Liverpool game.

Was always scheduled to be after the showdown so not happy it's a Port home game and they get to host our special visitors, but while we've been waiting like good boys and girls to be part of a joint promo effort with Port and the AFL in general, Port have used Burgo's contacts to get some special time with Liverpool from under our noses.

Expect their visit to SA to be all about the Power and we'll be left out in the cold. Have heard they're getting Burgo to take the Liverpool players for a session all decked out in Power training gear, and Rodgers to speak at the Port Chairmans lunch.

Even though I hate Liverpool, this is pretty disappointing.

Adelaide United are always complaining about something. They complain about one of the best stadium deals in the A-League (crying they get ripped off), they're complaining about the Liverpool match.

Are Adelaide United ever happy :rolleyes:

I think he's referring to the Crows in that post.

Anyone else heard the club are absolutely filthy about the Liverpool game.

Was always scheduled to be after the showdown so not happy it's a Port home game and they get to host our special visitors, but while we've been waiting like good boys and girls to be part of a joint promo effort with Port and the AFL in general, Port have used Burgo's contacts to get some special time with Liverpool from under our noses.

Expect their visit to SA to be all about the Power and we'll be left out in the cold. Have heard they're getting Burgo to take the Liverpool players for a session all decked out in Power training gear, and Rodgers to speak at the Port Chairmans lunch.

Even though I hate Liverpool, this is pretty disappointing.
Nothing else to do but beat them. Let's keep our focus on footy and let them get some head wobble going.

Nothing else to do but beat them. Let's keep our focus on footy and let them get some head wobble going.

Port

obama-bobblehead.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Back