Game Day AFL National Draft night #1 - Currently hold pick 16. Monday November 28th. Coverage @ 7pm via Fox Footy, Kayo + AFL App

Remove this Banner Ad

You think they’re trading in for Ryan and not Barnett?
I’m not following it as closely as some, but I read somewhere that he Ryan was their man at 15 if Jefferson was off the board.

If it were me in the Dees shoes and they secure it there’s no way I’d take Barnett. I don’t like the thought of investing one of these picks into a ruckman and with Van Rooyen looking the goods on top of Jefferson I’m not interested in Barnett the KPF.

I personally hope that if Barnett’s on our radar it’s the KPF version not the ruckman. I think we’ll have our answer on that late draft depending on what we do with 46 (?). Me though I like our spot because I feel confident one of the guys I like from here (George, Cowan or Clarke) will make it to our next pick. Although there’s no guarantees the club are likewise inclined.

I’m not following it as closely as some, but I read somewhere that he Ryan was their man at 15 if Jefferson was off the board.

If it were me in the Dees shoes and they secure it there’s no way I’d take Barnett. I don’t like the thought of investing one of these picks into a ruckman and with Van Rooyen looking the goods on top of Jefferson I’m not interested in Barnett the KPF.

I personally hope that if Barnett’s on our radar it’s the KPF version not the ruckman. I think we’ll have our answer on that late draft depending on what we do with 46 (?). Me though I like our spot because I feel confident one of the guys I like from here (George, Cowan or Clarke) will make it to our next pick. Although there’s no guarantees the club are likewise inclined.
Bolded, my dogs!!!!!!!!!!!

My spys indicate that there will be a few clubs doing deals to move up the draft, to secure; Lewis Hayes 😖, Olli Hotton, Brayden George 😖, Lachlan Cowan 😖, Harry Barnett 😧 and Charlie Clarke.

Swans likely to take Barnett the pick before us. Leaving Pies 2 of Isaac Keeler/Jakob Ryan/Cody Burgeil

Last edited:
My spys indicate that there will be a few clubs doing deals to move up the draft, to secure; Lewis Hayes 😖, Olli Hotton, Brayden George 😖, Lachlan Cowan 😖, Harry Barnett 😧 and Charlie Clarke.

Swans likely to take Barnett the pick before us. Leaving Pies 2 of Isaac Keeler/Jakob Ryan/Cody Burgeil
MV5BMTY1ODI4NjQwNV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwOTU5NjU1MTE@._V1_SY500_CR0,0,565,500_AL_.jpg

So for the rest of our picks, do we go for needs, or keep to best available?
I'd like Brayden George, but we don't need another midfielder. Lewis Hayes, Lemmey, Hotton or Richards would be nice. Lachie Cowan might still be available. If we can get a tall, then I'll be happy.

Think we took Allan because we were surprised he was still there.

My spies have indicated Barnett will be taken by North.

And I believe the Pies will have a pick of Lemmey/Keeler/Ryan/Burgiel and Richards. Most outlets are fairly certain we will take Richards.

And I believe the Pies will have a pick of Lemmey/Keeler/Ryan/Burgiel and Richards. Most outlets are fairly certain we will take Richards.
North will also consider Cowan.

I thought Lemmey and Richards would be considered at our fourth pick.

Last edited:

I've come to the conclusion that anybody that states they have spies are full of sh!t

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So for the rest of our picks, do we go for needs, or keep to best available?
Boring answer but think it depends on who's available at our first pick. If there's an irresistable high-end talent, like George (IMHO), best available.

I feel like Giants are a red hot chance to take Clarke. Greene is nearing twilight and just lost Bobby Hill.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back