AFL Prelim Final 2015 - West Coast v North Melbourne, Sat Sept 26, 5.45pm, Domain Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Crows, Bulldogs, Swans all finished in the top 8, so I don't think we can do much more than that. Also comfortably beat Freo and the Hawks in our second go around at each.

Now I dare you to list the decent teams you've beaten in the last 3 months. I'll give you a hint, it's shorter than our list.
Freo, Sydney, Richmond.
Tbh both teams had softish runs home. We can play circle jerk all day but it wont change the fact WCE are deserved favourites, primarily on the back of them a) playing at home and b) beating Hawthorn. Those points alone would have them start favourites against anyone, especially a team whose inconsistencies lead them to finish 8th.
In saying that, North 110% deserve to be there and have a chance.

What about the stat where the only team West Coast has been unable to beat all year, is North.

The way it seems to work is any win against a Perth team not at Subiaco doesn't count. Not saying Hawks and North will win but I beleive past performances do carry a fair amount of weight regardless of where they were played or who may have been injured etc.

It's just a feel good feeling you're experiencing based on the so called form team beating two "really" tough opponents. Reality will set in by Saturday night.
It would be a nightmare come true if North actually made the grand final. I'll be behind West Coast, but North have been so unpredictable, that they've strangely become predictable. I'm pretty sure that North supporters would know what I'm talking about. You just know that they won't lie down on Saturday.

They won't beat Hawthorn or Fremantle in the grand final, but I have a feeling that they'll get up or at the very least, give you a scare.

They may not be the better side on the day, but we may see the shinboner spirit thing eventuate on Saturday. West Coast might be really inaccurate and North will capitalise on that. They've made kicking arsey goals an art, probably using Essendon as their training base.

Plus, they've matched up well against West Coast in recent years.

The key for West Coast will be to kill them off in the third quarter. That's the quarter where North either stage their comeback or pull away. It will be very tough to come back in the last quarter if they build a sizeable lead as they'll send either Petrie, Waite or both back. They've done this to us so many times in recent years. Used the same tactic against Sydney in the semi. May have done the same vs Richmond too

The key for West Coast will be to kill them off in the third quarter. That's the quarter where North either stage their comeback or pull away. It will be very tough to come back in the last quarter if they build a sizeable lead as they'll send either Petrie, Waite or both back.
We've been the best second half side all year so that won't be an issue.

You forgot Aaron Edwards. Even though he kicked a hundred in a season once I was glad to see the back of him. Took a good mark for North once though, good at getting high, strong hands. Wasted potential there.
Haha Did we ever find out what season that was? That he kicked the 100? :D

What about the stat where the only team West Coast has been unable to beat all year, is North.
They've only played us once. But they didn't beat us last year either at Subi. But at home they'll be primed, don't worry. We just better be. I'm not worried about the crowd and all the outside stuff, they don't kick the goals, I just hope we're switched on out on the ground. If we are (for 4 quarters) we'll give it a shake.

12032031_1501197193533243_5647062421828021606_n.jpg
They've only played us once. But they didn't beat us last year either at Subi. But at home they'll be primed, don't worry. We just better be. I'm not worried about the crowd and all the outside stuff, they don't kick the goals, I just hope we're switched on out on the ground. If we are (for 4 quarters) we'll give it a shake.
Just for this weekend I am a Royalist. Roos will overrun the Wegirls.

Oh no, the Eagles lost to you in a year that they finished 9th and North made a prelim? >.<

The way it seems to work is any win against a Perth team not at Subiaco doesn't count.
Who said that?

The North win definitely counts for them. They outscored us into the last despite kicking into a gale.

However, not only was it an honorable loss for the Eagles (they only went down by 10 in an away game to an eventual prelim finalist), but they hurt themselves in that game having 25 scoring shots to 20, and 63 inside 50s to 49, yet losing by 10.

What people will be trying to point out is not that a win for the opposition away from Subi doesn't count, but that with the HGA of at least a couple of goals, a similar game played at Subi would likely see West Coast win, even if they weren't playing better than they did on that day.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It'll be a close game till 3/4 quarter time then WC will kick away with the fresher legs. It'll be more competitive then people think but I think its too big of a challenge for a north win.

Freo, Sydney, Richmond.
Tbh both teams had softish runs home. We can play circle jerk all day but it wont change the fact WCE are deserved favourites, primarily on the back of them a) playing at home and b) beating Hawthorn. Those points alone would have them start favourites against anyone, especially a team whose inconsistencies lead them to finish 8th.
In saying that, North 110% deserve to be there and have a chance.
Do North fans just blatantly ignore facts or what? Easy run home? North had an easy run home. West Coast played 6 of the other top 7 in their last 10 games. That's basically as hard a run home as physically possible.

One of the North forwards could be injured.. Majak seen traveling with the 3 emergencies and was training today up forward while Ben Brown looked proppy

One of the North forwards could be injured.. Majak seen traveling with the 3 emergencies and was training today up forward while Ben Brown looked proppy

For your teams sake, I hope it is a rumour. We hope to play north at full strength and see a good close match between two decent teams

I do like the stat about the only team we have failed to beat this year being North Melbourne. It gives me confidence.

How many teams did the Roos fail to beat this year?

12039544_10153008542717251_2139365927893799062_n.jpg
For your teams sake, I hope it is a rumour. We hope to play north at full strength and see a good close match between two decent teams
Majak/Petrie/Brown we are still a force to be reckoned with.

Attachments

• 12032031_1501197193533243_5647062421828021606_n.jpg
    12032031_1501197193533243_5647062421828021606_n.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 5
Do North fans just blatantly ignore facts or what? Easy run home? North had an easy run home. West Coast played 6 of the other top 7 in their last 10 games. That's basically as hard a run home as physically possible.
My apologies, for some reason I was under the impression they'd had a reasonably cushy run home. Obviously not the case looking at the draw.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back