Game Day AFL Round 8 - Geelong vs Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
No late change for us but Blues swap Carazzo for Warnock. Andrew Mackie and Dylan Buckley will start in the green vests.

From Geelong Cats Twitter.

It'll be blood frustrating if we do the normal and kick it at their ankles.
The ball goes here!
target-business.jpg

I don't know how anyone could get excited about this game,but for some strange reason I am.

I'm excited for two reasons:

1. It's a game of footy.
2. Geelong are playing.

Warnock in changes their forward structure quite a bit. Casboult is no longer a 2nd ruckman and they have a resting ruckman forward. Rivers is no longer loose man in defense. I expect Taylor to run off Jones quite a lot, Pencil Taylor in for 20+ disposals 8+ marks.

Taylor on Jones
Lonergan on Casboult
Rivers on resting ruckman

No late change for us but Blues swap Carazzo for Warnock. Andrew Mackie and Dylan Buckley will start in the green vests.

From Geelong Cats Twitter.

That halves our tally of intercept marks tonight then.

Warnock in changes their forward structure quite a bit. Casboult is no longer a 2nd ruckman and they have a resting ruckman forward. Rivers is no longer loose man in defense. I expect Taylor to run off Jones quite a lot, Pencil Taylor in for 20+ disposals 8+ marks.

Taylor on Jones
Lonergan on Casboult
Rivers on resting ruckman
Casboult as a forward seems to be a stratagem to fail more times than succeed.

all my multi's have geelong over 15.5 so we will win by 15

we will be up by 40 at half time then will let them back in

there small forward, menzel? will kick 4

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well Mackie should get a lot of fitness into him sitting on the pine for 3 qtrs
It is a really strange - my thinking is they think there is a fair chance we will put them away early and Mackie means we can pull a back or forward off - Tummy/Rivers etc

Well Mackie should get a lot of fitness into him sitting on the pine for 3 qtrs
Well we've got West Coast away next week, so expect Mackie to play out the last quarter tonight strongly, before being subbed off at half time next week in a big game because he hasn't overcome his niggle. It's mind boggling to me how he was deemed unfit last week to even run out for the VFL, yet 6 days later he's ready for AFL. If the original plan was to play him in the VFL for a week and get 4 quarters into him, not sure why we've strayed from that.

Well we've got West Coast away next week, so expect Mackie to play out the last quarter tonight strongly, before being subbed off at half time next week in a big game because he hasn't overcome his niggle. It's mind boggling to me how he was deemed unfit last week to even run out for the VFL, yet 6 days later he's ready for AFL. If the original plan was to play him in the VFL for a week and get 4 quarters into him, not sure why we've strayed from that.

Mackie probably didn't want to play VFL.

I dont feel that good about the game until I heard an interview with Trigg tonight that suggested division senior ranks at Carlton. Thats gold
They'll never get it right until they cut ties with the campaigner in Queensland who is calling the shots.

Edit: Just heard Trigg's quote... OUCH! Fair to say he doesn't like/respect Mick - dropped him right in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back