Vic ALP rorted the 2014 Victorian election using taxpayer money

Remove this Banner Ad

Seriously, how rusted on do you have to be to defend this.
Have a sook lads. Andrews may not be perfect but he gets stuff done and he is light years ahead of anyone in the ranks of the opposition. If Guy is their leader then truly, spare us-he is incompetent, crooked and bonkers. At least Andrews is competent and sane and no more crooked that anyone else in politics, from any party.

I think this answers my question.

Andrews may not be perfect but he gets stuff done and he is light years ahead of anyone in the ranks of the opposition.

The man who put up the most effective campaign in Victoria against an elected official described above was ... Steve Bracks in 1999.

Labor has come a long way in just under 20 years.

I think this answers my question.
Be careful what you wish for -if they start to look at all the parties’ practices -golly who knows what they will find and when you ad that to Matty’s existing track record -well. It’s just way too simplistic to assume that there is only one party that does dodgy things -they are all just as bad as each other but at least Andrews is capable. Need to be more mature about it Chappy old chap.

Last edited:
How ia Andrew's capable?

The man who put up the most effective campaign in Victoria against an elected official described above was ... Steve Bracks in 1999.

Labor has come a long way in just under 20 years.
Yep, Bracks was pretty good. Bailleau was a decent chap too and look how far they have fallen. its just that stuff cuts both ways.

How ia Andrew's capable?
Well. You could do some research but off the top of my head I know he has put a lot of money and resources into: infrastructure -transport-roads/trains and level crossings, health-funding of hospitals, rehab centres,drug court/training/ resources, funding and resources for dom.violence, for lgbti, assisted dying bill, cfa- terrible mess but the system he looks like getting in place is an improvement on what was ther before, funding and numbers of police increased. Might tackle plastic bags... all good and useful things that he has tackled. Just changing the level crossings is so major if you drive in Melbourne-it improve things a lot. You might not agree with all his actions and there is obviously some concern over his dealings with the CFA fiasco for instance but he is a premier who achieves things that by and large strike me as helpful and sensible.
And I assume others think so too-record numbers arriving here by the day. Its a progressive and active govt.

Last edited:
Well. You could do some research but off the top of my head I know he has put a lot of money and resources into: infrastructure -transport-roads/trains and level crossings, health-funding of hospitals, rehab centres,drug court/training/ resources, funding and resources for dom.violence, for lgbti, assisted dying bill, cfa- terrible mess but the system he looks like getting in place is an improvement on what was ther before, funding and numbers of police increased. Might tackle plastic bags... all good and useful things that he has tackled. Just changing the level crossings is so major if you drive in Melbourne-it improve things a lot. You might not agree with all his actions and there is obviously some concern over his dealings with the CFA fiasco for instance but he is a premier who achieves things that by and large strike me as helpful and sensible.
And I assume others think so too-record numbers arriving here by the day. Its a progressive and active govt.
Seriously, that's your argument? The ALP has presided over a good four years for Victoria so when an intentional misuse of funds is discovered, we should look the other way because we can't risk the ALP not getting re-elected?

Can you seriously not see anything wrong with what you've just typed out?

How ia Andrew's capable?
Shown some vision and setting boundaries re building and development in the State.
As opposed to Matty guy’s methods ‘What planning? What processes? ‘ if it makes mega bucks for my mates we are good to go. Plunder the state by all means lads.

Last edited:
Seriously, that's your argument? The ALP has presided over a good four years for Victoria so when an intentional misuse of funds is discovered, we should look the other way because we can't risk the ALP not getting re-elected?

Oh please - are you listening? The ALP -they are not perfect-none of them are. Where is your outrage over Fishernman’s Bend/EastWest link, etc.
Am simply saying on the Richter scale, Andrews is ok. This ‘rort’ you are all getting hysterical over is actually not such a big deal if you could have a good look at it.
And the list of achievements above looks pretty good to me-certainly a lot better than the opposition’s ‘value statement’. Very funny idea. So progressive.

Oh please - are you listening? The ALP -they are not perfect-none of them are. Where is your outrage over Fishernman’s Bend/EastWest link, etc.
Am simply saying on the Richter scale, Andrews is ok. This ‘rort’ you are all getting hysterical over is actually not such a big deal if you could have a good look at it.
And the list of achievements above looks pretty good to me-certainly a lot better than the opposition’s ‘value statement’. Very funny idea. So progressive.
This is how "one party" systems start.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But its only right wingers in this country who want a "one party state"
Those on the left want a true democracy where the people decide how they will be governed
If you want a true democracy then you'd predictably be troubled by news that a political party used government money for their own activities.

The deflections in this thread are amazing. But the liberals! But the right wing! They're worse! Go look at them!

No we shouldn't look the other way. An independent statutory appointee should investigate, the findings of that investigation should be given effect to, and the funds paid back. Wait a minute - that's what has occurred!

In her report the Ombudsman said it was a grey area that needed to be clarified which is part of the recommendations to be adopted. As I've said before, the Libs and Nats have been doing the same for years as well. That's the very reason they voted against extending the powers of the Ombudsman to investigate them too and why they'll do the same - along with their new coalition partners, the Greens - should/when there are further politically inspired investigations.

While they're at it they should investigate how the developers friend conducted business when he was Minister for Planning. The Fishermans Bend fiasco is just the beginning.

Seriously, how rusted on do you have to be to defend this.

Haha geez no surprise there.

Rusted on conservatives generally have a blind comprehension of the impartial voter. Does your conservative mind consider mafia affiliations or only the 388k between 21 people? There you go!

Andrews has been "finished" 10 or so times according to you lot. The fact is this particular issue is trivial to anyone bar the hard right. The skyrail was a far bigger issue. Keep dreaming!

Last edited:
Haha geez no surprise there. About as dull as a ball bearing.

Rusted on conservatives generally have a blind comprehension of the impartial voter. Does your conservative mind consider mafia affiliations or just 388k between 21 people?

How'd you get out? I thought I tied you up.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back