Bangladesh vs Zimbabwe (3 tests, 5 ODIs)

Remove this Banner Ad

ioppolo

This only ends one way.
Oct 3, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Chelsea, OKC Thunder, Scorchers
1st test starts today. I take it Al-Amin Hossain passed his bowling action testing since he's in Bangladesh's squad. Barracking for Zimbabwe here :thumbsu:

Think the Zimbas missed the boat when they didn't take those chances before, but if they can get Mahmudullah quickly you never know. Bangas are still only a little over halfway there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Shakib hits another century. Top class cricketer, I don't know the exact situation with him arguing with the board, but they simply can't afford to be without him. Would not be far off the best all-rounder in world cricket today.

Also nice to see Tamim Iqbal making a ton. Was in a bit of a form slump there for a while.

Jubair Hossain, a legspinner, making his Test debut after just 2 FC matches. Is that a record?
Brian Chari is making his debut in the 2nd test for Zimbabwe - as an opener - with a first-class record of 887 runs at 20.62 behind him.

They must see some potential there.....

Probably not a popular statement, but Shakib Al Hasan is one of the best players in world cricket and has been for a while now.

The man is a machine.

I haven't seen much of him to be honest, but a test batting average of 37 and bowling average of 32 doesn't scream 'one of the best players in world cricket' to me... is is possible he's slightly overrated because he's clearly the best Bangladeshi player? Shane Watson has very similar stats.

I haven't seen much of him to be honest, but a test batting average of 37 and bowling average of 32 doesn't scream 'one of the best players in world cricket' to me... is is possible he's slightly overrated because he's clearly the best Bangladeshi player? Shane Watson has very similar stats.
Numbers lie in a lot of cases and this is most certainly one of them. As captain of a cricketing mad but thoroughly under performing team, a lot is asked of him and he has never let his team down. He is by far the best Bangladeshi cricketer to ever play and I can't think of one that would hold their own in a World XI- Shakib can and has for a couple of years now. Being his team's best bowler and batting at 3 as well as captain is something unheard of. If we were to use a statistical analysis however, looking at his past five years, his bowling average of 32 makes him one of the best spinners in the world (without being cited) and a batting average of 47 is also right up there. And in his last seven test- including this one; he has a batting average of 63 and a bowling average of 27.

Al Hasan >>>> Watson.

Numbers lie in a lot of cases and this is most certainly one of them. As captain of a cricketing mad but thoroughly under performing team, a lot is asked of him and he has never let his team down. He is by far the best Bangladeshi cricketer to ever play and I can't think of one that would hold their own in a World XI- Shakib can and has for a couple of years now. Being his team's best bowler and batting at 3 as well as captain is something unheard of. If we were to use a statistical analysis however, looking at his past five years, his bowling average of 32 makes him one of the best spinners in the world (without being cited) and a batting average of 47 is also right up there. And in his last seven test- including this one; he has a batting average of 63 and a bowling average of 27.

Al Hasan >>>> Watson.

Rahim is Captain

Remove this Banner Ad

Back