BigFooty Official Bigfooty Mid Season(ish) Phantom Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

Picks and Selections
Round 1

Pick 1 - West Coast Eagles - George Wardlaw
Pick 2 - North Melbourne - Harry Lemmey
Pick 3 - Essendon - Will Ashcroft (Brisbane F/S)
Pick 4 - GWS Giants - Harry Sheezel
Pick 5 - Gold Coast Suns - Jedd Busslinger
Pick 6 - Port Adelaide - Tom Scully (Not the former Melbourne/GWS/Hawthorn player)
Pick 7 - Adelaide - Elijah Tsatas
Pick 8 - Hawthorn - Elijah Hewett
Pick 9 - Western Bulldogs - Jackson Broadbent
Pick 10 - Richmond - Brayden George
Pick 11 - Collingwood - Matthew Jefferson
Pick 12 - Geelong - Mattaes Phillipou
Pick 13 - Carlton - Jhye Clark
Pick 14 - Sydney - Mitch Szybkowski
Pick 15 - St Kilda - Oliver Hollands
Pick 16 - Fremantle - Kane Bevan
Pick 17 - Brisbane - Cam Mackenzie (St Kilda NGA)
Pick 18 - Sydney - Kobe Ryan

Round 2

Pick 19 - West Coast Eagles - Adam D'Aloia
Pick 20 - Richmond - Olivier Northam
Pick 21 - Essendon - Alwyn Davey Jnr (Essendon F/S)
Pick 22 - GWS Giants - Jaspa Fletcher (Brisbane F/S)
Pick 23 - Gold Coast Suns - Aaron Cadman
Pick 24 - West Coast Eagles - Isaac Keeler (Adelaide NGA)
Pick 25 - Adelaide - Lachlan Cowan
Pick 26 - Hawthorn - Anthony Munkara (Essendon NGA)
Pick 27 - Western Bulldogs - Lewis Hayes
Pick 28 - Richmond - Taj Campbell-Farrell
Pick 29 - Gold Coast Suns - Conrad Williams (Fremantle NGA)
Pick 30 - Geelong - Jakob Ryan
Pick 31 - Carlton - Jed Hagan
Pick 32 - Sydney - Harry Barnett
Pick 33 - St Kilda - Jonti Schuback
Pick 34 - Gold Coast Suns - Jason Gillbee
Pick 35 - Brisbane Lions - Max Michalanny (Adelaide F/S)
Pick 36 - Melbourne - Rye Penny

Round 3

Pick 37 - West Coast Eagles - Jack Cleaver
Pick 38 - Western Bulldogs - Ryan Eyres
Pick 39 - Essendon - Sam Gilbey
Pick 40 - GWS Giants - Luke Teal
Pick 41 - Gold Coast Suns - Blake Drury
Pick 42 - Brisbane Lions - Charlie Clarke
Pick 43 - Melbourne - Bailey Humphrey
Pick 44 - Collingwood - Will Elliott
Pick 45 - Collingwood - Jaiden Magor
Pick 46 - Collingwood - Toby McMullin
Pick 47 - Gold Coast Suns - Tyson Walls
Pick 48 - Geelong - Nick Sadler
Pick 49 - Geelong - Hudson O'Keefe
Pick 50 - Port Adelaide - Blake Hansen
Pick 51 - St Kilda - Darcy Jones
Pick 52 - Hawthorn - Max Clohesy
Pick 53 - Geelong - Henry Hustwaite
Pick 54 - Melbourne - Noah Long

Round 4

Pick 55 - Port Adelaide - Will Verall
Pick 56 - North Melbourne - Brodie Tuck
Pick 57 - Essendon - Jayden Davey (Essendon F/S)
Pick 58 - GWS Giants - Steely Green
Pick 59 - Hawthorn - James Van Es
Pick 60 - Carlton - Cameron Owen
Pick 61 - GWS Giants - Luke Lawrence (GWS Academy)
Pick 62 - Geelong - Wade Derksen
Pick 63 - Western Bulldogs - Seth Campbell
Pick 64 - North Melbourne - Cooper Harvey (North Melbourne F/S)
Pick 65 - Gold Coast Suns - Luke Michael
Pick 66 - Fremantle - Jasper Scaife (Fremantle NGA)
Pick 67 - Carlton - Luke Taylor
Pick 68 - Sydney - Eli Pearce
Pick 69 - Melbourne - Nick Madden (GWS Academy)
Pick 70 - Gold Coast Suns - Finn Emile-Brennan (Melbourne NGA)
Pick 71 - Brisbane Lions - Paul Pascu
Pick 72 - Melbourne - Jovan Petric

Last edited:
Pick 50 - Port Adelaide

Blake Hansen - WWT - 178cm Midfielder

Port have really struggled with transition football this year and with the liklihood of Amon leaving as well as no really smooth skilled youngsteres coming through the midfield, someone who can run on the outside and kick effectively is a must. He's a ball magnet, has picked up huge numbers the last couple of seasons and has great running capacity.

There's a couple of others I'd like...but we'll see if they get through to my next pick.
Excellent late pick :thumbsu:

Pick 50 - Port Adelaide

Blake Hansen - WWT - 178cm Midfielder

Port have really struggled with transition football this year and with the liklihood of Amon leaving as well as no really smooth skilled youngsteres coming through the midfield, someone who can run on the outside and kick effectively is a must. He's a ball magnet, has picked up huge numbers the last couple of seasons and has great running capacity.

There's a couple of others I'd like...but we'll see if they get through to my next pick.
I think I’ve made my love of Hansen known in the past, but I’ve also proved I can’t rate running wings for s**t as I always think they’ll transfer to afl and get it wrong (Stephens, kennerly, hately)

But * me hansen looks like he could run through walls out there such is his momentum. Just moves and moves and moves.

I think I’ve made my love of Hansen known in the past, but I’ve also proved I can’t rate running wings for s**t as I always think they’ll transfer to afl and get it wrong (Stephens, kennerly, hately)

But fu** me hansen looks like he could run through walls out there such is his momentum. Just moves and moves and moves.
Wing, yeah he is good, but i still believe coming off half back and being a dangerous attacking player is more his go. His junior career, from start of last year up untill now has been taking the exact same shape of Jayden Short's senior career at richmond. Would be a great get by any team if he can translate his game style the same way in a full time senior career environment.

Pick 51 - Darcy Jones
Pick 51 - Darcy Jones
Midfielder / Wing
Swan Districts
175cm 63 kg

Fast midfielder/wing with good kicking skills and very good application but the size (both height and weight) probably means he would be very outside at AFL level. Has been getting some really decent possession numbers at colts level this year and even played in one of the pre-season league games. A critical element in him getting drafted would want to see the speed, agility and endurance numbers backed up at the combine.

Last edited:
Pick 52 - Max Clohesy
Pick 52 - Hawthorn - Max Clohesy - Murray - 180cm 76kg

even though Hawthorn doesnt need half backs i think he is the most talented and best available left imo, this guy oozes class and would be a bargain imo, cool under pressure, always uses it well, strong in the contest, potentially leadership abilities, love how he plays footy, he can play tough 1 on 1 footy or run out of defence footy, flexible and could play midfield if given the opportunity, i couldnt go past picking him up, was hoping he would slide to this pick.

Chris25 your turn

Last edited:
Pick 53 - Henry Hustwaite
Pick 53 Geelong - Henry Hustwaite (194cm, 84kg defender from Vic Country)

I'm still working my way through my board, with Hustwaite coming in at #28 overall and just missing out on one of my previous picks. My next highest is ranked #34 and is a South Australian, so I was tempted...but I do like what Hustwaite offers and I think he'll be strongly in the mix to be the second best tall defender after Busslinger - assuming he's developed as I would, some people would probably be of the opinion that he's more of a tall flanker and perhaps that is true right now. He's composed and reliable in the back half, competes well in the air and on the ground. I think his calmness lends itself well to playing deep, but he'd probably be best suited to playing as a second tall to allow him to play to his strengths and zone off. He's also seen time up on the wing and in at the centre bounces - not sure that will continue at the next level, but it'll help develop his overall craft and does make him an offensive threat in the back half.

foj1

I'm still working my way through my board, with Hustwaite coming in at #28 overall and just missing out on one of my previous picks. My next highest is ranked #34 and is a South Australian, so I was tempted...but I do like what Hustwaite offers and I think he'll be strongly in the mix to be the second best tall defender after Busslinger - assuming he's developed as I would, some people would probably be of the opinion that he's more of a tall flanker and perhaps that is true right now. He's composed and reliable in the back half, competes well in the air and on the ground. I think his calmness lends itself well to playing deep, but he'd probably be best suited to playing as a second tall to allow him to play to his strengths and zone off. He's also seen time up on the wing and in at the centre bounces - not sure that will continue at the next level, but it'll help develop his overall craft and does make him an offensive threat in the back half.

foj1
spongebob mocking.png
You ONlY sELEcTed HiM BECoZ he maDe ACaDemY

foj1

he is really good as an inside mid in the centre bounces, even though he mostly has played as CHB, very flexible player was hoping he would last until my last pick.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tag whoever is picking for melb please so Macca can hurry up and select John butcher for port

Pick 54 - Noah Long
Pick 54 Melbourne Noah Long 178cm 74kg Midfielder Bendigo Pioneers

Long represents good value here. Long has speed, the ability to win the football on the inside and outside and a penetrating kick.
Noah has the capacity to break lines and is competitive . I worry a little about his size for the next level and I think he needs to focus on his outside game. His injury came at an in opportune time but he has done enough to be taken here.

Pick 55 - Will Verrall
Pick 55 - Port Adelaide

Will Verrall - South Adelaide - 200cm Ruckman

Have watched him for years and whilst he can frustrate, there is a lot of raw talent there with Will. Has decent reach, can take a mark, can play up forward as well. Needs to improve some aspects of his game - namely consistency of disposal as well as consistency of contest. With Lycett nearing the end and Hayes showing a lot of talent, there is a spot on the list for another developing ruckman.

Would have chosen Long if he hadn't gone the pick before.

Pick 56 - Brodie Tuck
Pick 56 - North Melbourne
Brodie Tuck
193 cm | 90 kg
Central Districts | SA
Tall Utility

tuck.jpg
Why not pair two SA lads together hey?

A versatile option, Tuck has covered the forwardline, ruck and backline across the past two years, and whilst there may be arguments for his forward craft given his goal output, I see him as a Key Defender at the next level and hence why I'm selecting him for North.

Tucks bread and butter is essentially everything about his marking process, from timing his jumps, to finding the space to be an option, to holding everything that comes his way. Tucks high leap also lets him take good contested grabs when he isn't able to beat an opponent with his body work.

Also considered James Van Es, who may be a better option given his height advantage, but Tucks athleticism makes up the difference for me. Also had Hustwaite locked in from a long way out, damn you Chris!

eDPS up next

Pick 57 - Jayden Davey
Pick 57 - Essendon - Jayden Davey
181cm
Small forward

Jayden is considered by those at Oakeligh as the more talented of the twin brothers and considering how promising Alwyn looks I could only imagine how well Jayden would have gone in this Oakleigh line up without the ACL.

Injury really hurts for him but might be good for Essendon to get him for cheaper than his worth. I’ve only seen very little of him but he is certainly more is a small forward compared to Alwyn doing his best work inside the arc with his speed at ground level and excitement around goal. A player compared to the likes of Cyril Rioli and Kozzy Pickett he could be an excitement machine at AFL level if he has some luck with the knee

Last edited:
Pick 58 - Steely Green
Pick 58 - GWS
Steely Green
178 cm | 70 kg
South Fremantle | WA
Midfielder/ Small Forward

A recent inclusion into the WA U18's hub, Green has been impressive early on in 2022 at WAFL Seniors level for South Fremantle. Green has speed and good skills, particularly when out in space, but what stands out most is his toughness at the contest and willingness to run both ways, despite his slight frame in comparison to his opposition. Whilst he doesn't have much exposed form in the forward 50, I have no doubt he has the attributes to play there at the next level.

The major reason I chose Steely is of course his last name, feels wrong to have a Green on any other list in the league, but I did also seriously consider some similar players (smalls) in Jack O'Sullivan, Kai Windsor and Jaxon Binns, all of whom I believe should've been taken earlier

Davo-27 up next I believe

Pick 59 - James Van Es
Pick 59 - Hawthorn - James Van Es - GWV - 196cm 97kg

last pick so i thought i would pick up a KPP, ready to go, good intercept mark, positions himself well, played well last year in the u17's, we could use another KPP going forward with our rebuild, others i thought about selecting were Seth Campbell(forw), Josh Weddle(def) and Jaxon Binns(mid)

Arr0w

Pick 59 - Hawthorn - James Van Es - GWV - 196cm 97kg

last pick so i thought i would pick up one a KPP, ready to go, good intercept mark, positions himself well, played well last year in the u17's, we could use another KPP going forward with our rebuild.

Arr0w

Whatta slide. Was half convinced he'd get to my last pick and I'd end up with a ruck, two KPDs, and a KPP utility.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back