Phantom Draft Bishop's 2017 Draft Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Bloody hell. What about 1? Brayshaw talk continues. Just a ruse?

The Bradshaw at 1 continues to firm... changes so much in the first round... Freo prefer LDU over Raymor and Carlton need mids so could still take Dow or Cerra instead of Rayner who might end up at North

1. Brayshaw
2. LDU
3. Dow
4. Raynor
5. Fogarty
6. Coffield
7. Clark
8. Higgens
9. Brander
10. Stephenson

1. Rayner
2. LDU
3. Dow
4. Cerra
5. Brayshaw
6. ???
7-8: Two of Clark, Coffield, Stephenson, Bonar, Fogarty, Murphy
9. Naughton
10. Fogarty/Bonar/LOB/Richards etc

And what if anything do you know about O’Brien? Not saying I’d take him at 10 either but the kid has the talent there to be considered top 10.
Watched him play 4/5 times and my pot on him is he doesn't win his own football. Also think the wraps on his ball use are overblown, he like other lefties look better kicks than they are. Despite this he'd still be one of the best kicks in this crop but i can't understand why he and say naish are split by so many players. Very one sided too LOB.

My hope and it won't happen is Coffield slips to 10. I think he's one of a few on this crop with a chance to be an elite AFL player.

On SM-G900I using BigFooty.com mobile app

Watched him play 4/5 times and my pot on him is he doesn't win his own football. Also think the wraps on his ball use are overblown, he like other lefties look better kicks than they are. Despite this he'd still be one of the best kicks in this crop but i can't understand why he and say naish are split by so many players. Very one sided too LOB.

My hope and it won't happen is Coffield slips to 10. I think he's one of a few on this crop with a chance to be an elite AFL player.

On SM-G900I using BigFooty.com mobile app
Naish has a very low contested possession count that’s why. I probably wouldn’t take O’Brien at 10 but I think he will end up being a good player. Has a lot of good traits. And he’s fast. Was rated really highly before this year he just didn’t get a good run

Naish has a very low contested possession count that’s why. I probably wouldn’t take O’Brien at 10 but I think he will end up being a good player. Has a lot of good traits. And he’s fast. Was rated really highly before this year he just didn’t get a good run

That's fair mate, I think that pot on Naish is why I'm not into LOB though. Be much happier with Clark,Stephenson(a touch soft but too good to pass up), even a Murphy punt.

The Bradshaw at 1 continues to firm... changes so much in the first round... Freo prefer LDU over Raymor and Carlton need mids so could still take Dow or Cerra instead of Rayner who might end up at North

1. Brayshaw
2. LDU
3. Dow
4. Raynor
5. Fogarty
6. Coffield
7. Clark
8. Higgens
9. Brander
10. Stephenson

highly doubt cerra won't be in the top 10

Hey Bishop any word on if Hugh Dixon from Tas will get drafted, or any other Tassie boys for that matter?

Also have you heard any whispers about who the swans are into for their first 2 picks?

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dixon is an absolute certainty to be drafted. I saw Kevin Sheehan (Shifter) has him in his top 40. Word from the south is there has been no lack of interest in him with up to a dozen clubs doing their homework. Doubt he gets past 40 and would be amazed if he was on the board after 50.

Think Ballard will be gone by then, Ross I believe hasn't spoken to Saints. No idea on the other two.

I think it'd be a reach, but you've gotta back your recruiters in - they've seen more than me (or anyone else) of Richards playing.

Think things get blown out by the fact that fans watch a 2 minute highlight video and fall in love with player X, I've never seen a bad highlights package...

If Carlton are considering Richards at 10, then it certainly isn't a reach to take him at Pick 6.

I once saw a highlight video of Constable that made me want to spew.

Well that's upsetting.
Nah you're covered

Nick Coffield hopeful the Western Bulldogs continues its Eltham trend

There is a pattern emerging at the Western Bulldogs.

And one of the draft’s most promising young defenders, Nick Coffield, is hopeful it continues.

His hero, Marcus Bontempelli, is from the beautiful, leafy northern suburb of Eltham.

In 2013, he was drafted to the Bulldogs.

His best mate, Pat Lipinski, is also from Eltham. Last year, he too was drafted to the Dogs.

Now, Coffield — an Eltham resident and a mad Bulldogs fan — is desperate to be the next in line.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/af...a854a95?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Rubbish, he's a much better player than any of those guys.
6jk1.jpg

Any chance the Blues manage to nab Dow and Cerra?

Rayner - Lions
LDU - Dockers
Dow - Blues
Brayshaw - Roos
Stephenson - Dockers
Fogarty - Pies
Coffield - Saints
Clark - Saints
Naughton - Dogs
Cerra - Blues

Remove this Banner Ad

Back