Brandon 'The Truth' Vera vs Jon 'Bones' Jones

Remove this Banner Ad

Vera suffered 3 fractures to his face. The hit was catastrophic. You can see after the big elbow he turned away to protect himself. Even the sound was bad.

They all sound bad.

Fair enough, he broke a few bones. Didn't bother looking it up and should have. I still maintain that to me, he just didn't look like a bloke who genuinely had an expectation he would win and wasn't all that gutted with the loss.

as far as a contest goes the night was a bit of a let down, but seeing jones and Dos in action like that you cant be too unhappy.

watching dos/gonzaga at the start, gonzaga started well being the aggressor and advancing but as soon as he felt the power in the hands he was up against, you could noticably see him backing off a bit. at that point it felt like it was just a matter of time.

i've only seen jones fight a few times, he is mighty impressive. has he been tagged at all yet? having speed like that is a huge advantage.

I hope Cain vs JDS does not happen until they each have had shots at Lesnar (or whoever is holding the belt). I don't want to see either one of them knock off a great contender. JDS should fight the loser of Mir/Carwin and Cain should fight the loser of the next HW title fight, which would be either Mir/Carwin or Lesnar. Then if Cain and JDS both win their next fights, we'd could have an epic Cain vs JDS title fight.
I hate it when everyone wants the up and comers to face off. I say get them as far as possible and make them stars then have them fight. I'm not big on the Mousasi/Lawal fight at the moment for the same reason.

That's true. It's just annoying that one of these bloke's intrigue is going to be killed or at least set back by a loss.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back