Carlton versus Geelong: rnd 21, Etihad Stadium Fri 15/8 @ 7.50PM EST

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was there but didn't realize how bad the injuries were for Carlton. I just get pissed off hearing rubbish that Geelong did not deserve to win. Fact is had Geelong kicked 8 goals 2 behinds in the 3Q instead if the reverse, game would have been well and truly over

Your argument in a single sentence:

If my auntie had balls, shed be my uncle.

Got it.

Well after reading some of this thread, I watched the replay to have a look at this disgusting , pathetic, ump adored team.
Couldn't find that team. Just saw a hard working team, not playing their best football but still able to win. Probably should have won by a few goals without the 2.8 in the 3rd.
Still playing clever, pleasant and daring football up the middle.
Specsavers for you lads!

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-08-16/free-kick-error-concedes-kennedy

This is like a weekly exercise of the umpires coming out and conceding momentum swinging free kicks should not have been paid to Geelong. Stop telling us the day after you got it wrong and helping Geelong over the line, start asking yourselves why we keep getting it wrong against Geelong so frequently.
So they admitted it was wrong, just like the Menzel non-free the last time they met?

What bullshit. Geelong can go get ****ed.

Well after reading some of this thread, I watched the replay to have a look at this disgusting , pathetic, ump adored team.
Couldn't find that team. Just saw a hard working team, not playing their best football but still able to win. Probably should have won by a few goals without the 2.8 in the 3rd.
Still playing clever, pleasant and daring football up the middle.
Specsavers for you lads!

Thats funny, because when i watched, i saw a bunch of knee dropping, head high free drawing rats, that pleaded, begged and argued with the umpire about every single decision given against them. This team is different from the universally liked premiership teams, this team has followed the captain down the ducking path and now you are a farce. Duckwood will only be regarded by Geelong fans and media cheer leaders, as the rest know as soon as he feels contact, down with the knees for another head high free at the expense of the game.

Too bad no-one bothers to question the adjudications that went against Geelong. Because, of course, Geelong won anyway, so what's the point?

As I have said in other threads, where and when you get the free kicks makes a massive difference. You can get mountains of free kicks on the wings, deep in the defensive pocket... but if you get them at stoppages in the corridor giving you a clearance or you get them in front of goal giving you a shot on goal then those free kicks are worth a whole lot more, when you look at who at Geelong gets the vast majority of the free kicks you realise how damaging giving them unwarranted free kicks become.

Thats funny, because when i watched, i saw a bunch of knee dropping, head high free drawing rats, that pleaded, begged and argued with the umpire about every single decision given against them. This team is different from the universally liked premiership teams, this team has followed the captain down the ducking path and now you are a farce. Duckwood will only be regarded by Geelong fans and media cheer leaders, as the rest know as soon as he feels contact, down with the knees for another head high free at the expense of the game.
Of course dear.

If the free kick wasn't paid, Carlton's defence could have coughed the ball up to one of our forwards for all we know, resulting in the same situation (a goal to put us in front). There are just too many variables in a game of footy to determine hypotheticals, even with 2 minutes on the clock.

That's fine. They may have coughed up a goal, they may not have coughed up a goal. They may have rebounded and scored another themselves. Whatever the alternative, it would have been far better than having the result of an otherwise hard fought game decided by such a pathetic decision. It's not that Carlton were robbed, but that the contest itself was robbed. The deciding factor should have been player driven, not umpire driven.

What bullshit. Geelong can go get ******.

How is it Geelong's fault that the umpire made an error? If that free went your way and Carlton sealed the game with a goal then you'd be celebrating your victory and would be calling us bad sports for pointing out the umpires error. These kind of things have been a part of footy since it began, even your coach conceded that in his press conference. Sometimes they fall your way, sometimes they don't. But a game is never lost (or won) on one kick at goal alone. Your team had it's chances, as did ours in that last quarter. I'll concede that Carlton deserved to win that game, but that's life. We don't always get what we deserve. It's not like you were ever going to make the eight or something.

There were a hell of a lot of positives Carlton can take from that game. The result means nothing to you guys at this stage of the season. Why not take pride in how your boys fought out that game, rather than obsess and be bitter over something you can't change

How is it Geelong's fault that the umpire made an error? If that free went your way and Carlton sealed the game with a goal then you'd be celebrating your victory and would be calling us bad sports for pointing out the umpires error. These kind of things have been a part of footy since it began, even your coach conceded that in his press conference. Sometimes they fall your way, sometimes they don't. But a game is never lost (or won) on one kick at goal alone. Your team had it's chances, as did ours in that last quarter. I'll concede that Carlton deserved to win that game, but that's life. We don't always get what we deserve. It's not like you were ever going to make the eight or something.
Pretty sure that according to this thread even the trouble in Gaza is because of Geelong.;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Carlton supporters have been like this for as long as I can remember.
e.g.Pretty early in the game last night they were booing GHS or someone 'pure' like that who had the audacity to take an uncontested mark and hit another target.
Absolute crackers they are.

Well, put it this way: if the jumpers had been reversed and the free kicks stayed the same, there would be page upon page of '26-20...Geelong wins the free kicks again!!!!!' Like what we saw last week.

Meh, I think Carlton could find 20 self-inflicted reasons they lost tonight, but let's not pretend you guys haven't had an extremely good run with officiating over the past 3-4 weeks.

Wish the mods would start cleaning up the thread to clear out the trolls.

Getting pathetic now
Who are the trolls? Those who blame the umpires and Geelong despite the face Geelong won fair and square? Or those who believe Selwood doesn't duck his head even though it is a well established fact?

Just like the Gaza conflict both sides have their glaring downfalls and no one wins.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back