Celebrating HBF's 100k post. He is an ornament to big footy. The Casual Chat Thread

Which Pokemon Go team should you join?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
What made it worse was it had a massive drinking culture before it was taken over.
That would have been a difficult transition. My work is full of drunks, it makes the job much easier to deal with.

That would have been a difficult transition. My work is full of drunks, it makes the job much easier to deal with.

Lots didn't cope and quit.

Lots didn't cope and quit.
The drinking culture in our operations centre is quite big.

We don't get the luxury of Friday night drinks but every few weeks we organise a night out and it's always a big one. My team in particular are the main instigators, always the first to show up and last to leave, it's good for team bonding I think.

We don't get the luxury of Friday night drinks but every few weeks we organise a night out and it's always a big one. My team in particular are the main instigators, always the first to show up and last to leave, it's good for team bonding I think.

I introduced Friday lunchtime drinks at my last place in Melbs. Was the most productive thing I did there.

After a few years experience, I've found it better not to go drinking or to lunch with colleagues because they are just that, work colleagues. Not even birthday or Xmas celebrations. I like to leave work and 10 minutes later I try to forget about them

We can't drink at work even after hours at all, or even have alcohol on the premises unopened for any reason, but we more than make up for that with out of work functions/drinking sessions. Unfortunately, our work functions are quite famous for drunken sexual harassment lawsuits

After a few years experience, I've found it better not to go drinking or to lunch with colleagues because they are just that, work colleagues. Not even birthday or Xmas celebrations. I like to leave work and 10 minutes later I try to forget about them
There are some people I don't associate with outside of work, but quite a few that I do. I still have my actual friends that I spend most of my time with but a few close ones from work is ok.

I have travelled overseas with my work colleagues, been to their weddings and consider them to be genuine friends. As long as time spent with them isn't discussing work then I am cool with that.

My Dad is horrible for this, he always whinges that he has to pick up the pieces.

I don't talk to anyone I used to work with now though, just a bunch of "good time friends" or people to go out with for the sake of it.

We can't drink at work even after hours at all, or even have alcohol on the premises unopened for any reason, but we more than make up for that with out of work functions/drinking sessions. Unfortunately, our work functions are quite famous for drunken sexual harassment lawsuits
Work colleagues and sex always end in tears.

Thought you left the accounting scene o_O

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Work colleagues and sex always end in tears.
Always been my number one rule at work, don't have sex with anyone you work with. Nothing good can come from that.

Haha I did! My new place is worse :cry:
There is always some scandal at our drinks. Consensual but scandalous. In 7 years I've never been involved, I'm just the one doing shots and beer bongs while the other females jostle for attention. My nights are always more fun :p

There are some people I don't associate with outside of work, but quite a few that I do. I still have my actual friends that I spend most of my time with but a few close ones from work is ok.

I have travelled overseas with my work colleagues, been to their weddings and consider them to be genuine friends. As long as time spent with them isn't discussing work then I am cool with that.
If however the relationship breaks down they have blackmail material. I also have the "badminton" philosphy. The name comes from a colleague leaving work and going somewhere else. I asked her what she liked doing and she said badminton.Work people like to know everything about you so I suggested that she always talk about badminton and soon the conversation would dry up every time some campaigner spoke to her.

My "badminton" topic is world war 2. You talk for 5 minutes about that, they roll their eyes and leave.

If however the relationship breaks down they have blackmail material. I also have the "badminton" philosphy. The name comes from a colleague leaving work and going somewhere else. I asked her what she liked doing and she said badminton.Work people like to know everything about you so I suggested that she always talk about badminton and soon the conversation would dry up every time some campaigner spoke to her.

My "badminton" topic is world war 2. You talk for 5 minutes about that, they roll their eyes and leave.
Haha fair enough......... talking about sport to most girls is generally a Badminton topic, particularly cricket. Some like their footy though

There is always some scandal at our drinks. Consensual but scandalous. In 7 years I've never been involved, I'm just the one doing shots and beer bongs while the other females jostle for attention. My nights are always more fun :p
How do I get a job where you work? :p

How do I get a job where you work? :p
Our Christmas party was fantastic, went to a s**t pub in Fitzroy, crashed the Melbourne Airport Xmas party at CQ then went and drank sapporos from a beer bong until 7am on a balcony in Southbank.

I like my work friends.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back