2nds Centrals vs Port Adelaide Round 9 - @ Elizabeth

Remove this Banner Ad

Basically started soft, a bit of a rabble, centrals were harder at it, we cracked a bit under pressure. Kicked 2 late in the second to keep us in it. Dominated the third to hit the lead, Moore and ahchee got on top in the middle. During the last centrals got the lead back and has momentum, all heart by the port boys to hit back, Mitchell kicked a great goal, summo a captains goal to seal it. Ahchee was huge in the second half, Mitchell turned it over a bit but kept running and providing all day. Logan, Moore, krakouer, dbj, sharrod, summo, hoon all played well. Frampton has size and mobility, kicked 2, showed enough to get excited about. Great win, a tight struggle late but got on top in the end, always good beating the dogs out there.

Last edited:
With Frampto in the side now would much prefer to see harvey parking himself in the f50 more and have redden and Frampton rotating 60/40 game time.

Forward line something like
Wagner Harvey Neade
Young redden/frampton butcher

Interesting to see how they'll play Howard?

With Frampto in the side now would much prefer to see harvey parking himself in the f50 more and have redden and Frampton rotating 60/40 game time.

Forward line something like
Wagner Harvey Neade
Young redden/frampton butcher

Interesting to see how they'll play Howard?

And Shaw. Likely one will be pushed up onto the wing and one into defence.

Ozph sums it up. Right from the first bounce Frampton hit in and competed. He's got some agility and speed too. Hands were good, seems to have smarts. For a big man he had a decent debut, and by the way he didn't look as skinny as he did in the draft highlights, looked like he had good size.

Butcher was beaten well in the first half but worked his way into the second half. He played chb. Showed he has agility and speed for that position. Whether he has smarts for it remains to be seen. His attack on the ball was encouraging.

Ah Chee had a huge impact in the second half. Krak was good all day. Logan was typical. Summo got into the game and delivered crucial goals and movement of the ball through the midfield. Mitchell was important and did well apart from the second quarter.

Central was hard at it but were also rustling our feathers behind the play resulting in retaliation and frees against us, many were costly. Next time we should put these amateurs in their place. We have a mindset issue.

Biemans first name starts with an A not J.

But good to see you posting some stats and doing some research on the state leagues even though you're from NSW.

Great to get one back over Centrals after their last second win last year.

Harveys consistency has been ultra impressive. Great to see Frampton had a good debut as well. If he could become a dual ruck/kpf option that would be wonderful!

I think the last 4 games at Elizabeth has been either head to head with the Power or a small gap between so you just wonder if Central want Port supporters to attend or not. They seem to be living in the past by still wanting to play all games Saturday afternoon?
I also thought the radio was call was unprofessional with Darryl Smith openly barracking for Central, but I thought the 'Doggies' supporter Phil Aspinal was balanced.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ozph sums it up. Right from the first bounce Frampton hit in and competed. He's got some agility and speed too. Hands were good, seems to have smarts. For a big man he had a decent debut, and by the way he didn't look as skinny as he did in the draft highlights, looked like he had good size.

:thumbsu: :)
looking fwd to seeing him. What's his kicking like,field and for goal?
Sounds like he's a natural footballer and not a recent convert because of his size

Biemans first name starts with an A not J.

But good to see you posting some stats and doing some research on the state leagues even though you're from NSW.
Cheers mate. I actually noticed that after I posted but I couldn't be arsed uploading it again. Was hoping no one would spot the error :)

From about the 6:40 mark, Centrals had a massive chance to hit the front (or certainly get within a kick) very late in the game until a couple of their blokes decided to rip into Butcher. So while this was going on, Centrals had recovered the ball and ran it inside 50 but the ball got turned over with a free kick to Port for the Butcher melee. Eventually made its way down to Summerton who goaled and sealed the match :D

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back