Unofficial Preview Changes & discussion Round 6 v Cats @ Gabba.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Adrian Anderson (Lions) is referring to three examples of 'low' impact dangerous tackles this year:

Matthew Johnson on Josh Dunkley

Toby Nankervis on Ivan Soldo

Jordan Dawson on Lochie O'Brien

Lions' 6 points:

1) Medical report clear

2) Lever had left arm completely free and used it

3) Lever's right arm only partly pinned, could move the bottom of his arm

4) Head movement of Lever is him looking at umpire

5) Cameron is smaller

6) Three 'low' impact examples

On a serious note tho, if Ah Chee does go forward it may open up a wing role for Sharp? Geelong have played all their matches except 1 so far (Easter Monday v Hawthorn) on a narrow ground. Are the wings an area where we could look to expose them?
If Sharp was any good it would be a massive bonus for the team because someone with his reputed skillset is exactly what we need but to date I haven't seen him up to exposing anyone.

On a serious note tho, if Ah Chee does go forward it may open up a wing role for Sharp? Geelong have played all their matches except 1 so far (Easter Monday v Hawthorn) on a narrow ground. Are the wings an area where we could look to expose them?
Aren't their 3 main winger types exceptional runners ie. Holmes, Miers and Close?

I could be completely wrong as I haven't watched much of them this year, but IIRC those 3 were mentioned on a footy show recently.

If Sharp was any good it would be a massive bonus for the team because someone with his reputed skillset is exactly what we need but to date I haven't seen him up to exposing anyone.
He got his debut at the start of his first season and a good chunk of us were impressed. Unfortunately, a significant injury meant he was unable to consolidate a fairly good start to his career.

On reflection, though, it is possible we may have been just excited that I guy with his running ability could also play footy, didn't avoid contact, had decent skills etc.

I agree with what you say above in that he hasn't been able to use his running power to expose the opposition. At least not often enough.

Lions' 6 points:

1) Medical report clear

2) Lever had left arm completely free and used it

3) Lever's right arm only partly pinned, could move the bottom of his arm

4) Head movement of Lever is him looking at umpire

5) Cameron is smaller

6) Three 'low' impact examples

Where are you watching this?

Oh * me.

"In an effort to explain Cameron's exemplary character, Anderson (Lions) is now referencing the definition of 'exemplary' in the Macquarie dictionary."

Quality.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oh * me.

"In an effort to explain Cameron's exemplary character, Anderson (Lions) is now referencing the definition of 'exemplary' in the Macquarie dictionary."

Quality.
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

He is not so subtly inferring the panel is so stupid it needs the word explained, what a buffoon.

Oh * me.

Quality.

We get the best for Charlie.

Oh * me.

Quality.

The whole speech was actually quite beautiful.

"To whom it may concern. The dictionary defines superlative as: of the highest kind, quality, or order, surpassing all else, or others. Supreme. I define it as Charlie Cameron. As a footballer, as a leader, as a man, and as a friend, he is of the highest kind, quality, and order. Supreme."

Gets better.

"Earlier, Adrian Anderson referred to Jordan Dawson's tackle on Carlton No.4 Lochie O'Brien.

The AFL points out O'Brien was "unfortunately delisted" at the end of last year and the player tackled was Ollie Hollands."

Comedy capers >

Earlier, Adrian Anderson referred to Jordan Dawson's tackle on Carlton No.4 Lochie O'Brien.

The AFL points out O'Brien was "unfortunately delisted" at the end of last year and the player tackled was Ollie Hollands.

Things must be dire. We are trying to bamboozle the Tribunal to force an error of law, like old Patty Cripps.

Note that this argument would still hold if Charlie went into the crowd, picked up an infant and booted it through the big sticks.

Gets better.

"Earlier, Adrian Anderson referred to Jordan Dawson's tackle on Carlton No.4 Lochie O'Brien.

The AFL points out O'Brien was "unfortunately delisted" at the end of last year and the player tackled was Ollie Hollands."

When the Tribunal finds out we're creating fake tackles using AI, using players who aren't even in the system anymore.

dave chappelle what GIF

It's never the tackle we have been arguing against. It is 100% a sling tackle and exactly what the afl is ruling out. Its the fact that it was no where near medium impact.
No argument there.
But if players want to run the risk and continue with this sort of tackle, they run the risk of missing a week or weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back