Unofficial Preview Changes & Pre-match Discussion - Semi Final vs. Fremantle, Saturday Sept 10th - 7:25pm, MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I was at the G that day too. We were playing North I think.
We were.
I was nursing a severe case of the man flu, but soldiered on anyway.
Can still recall Channel 7 News update appearing on the scoreboard.
May have been Peter Mitchell from memory.

A "blur" of Daicoses
The correct term is "a Bunting of Daicoses"
Bunting being the collective noun for Flags and Daicoses being the non-possessive plural of Daicos.

The collective nouns for a group of Magpies are "a mischief" , "a Parliament" and /or "a Tiding"

Some suggestions'

The collective noun for the Collingwood back six should be "a Pants" of Defenders,

Front six "a Spray" of Forwards,

"a conspiracy" of Umpires.

Last edited:
We were.
I was nursing a severe case of the man flu, but soldiered on anyway.
Can still recall Channel 7 News update appearing on the scoreboard.
May have been Peter Mitchell from memory.

Testing the memory but I think I was at the opening of Planet Hollywood listening to whatever the hell Sly Stallone was trying to say.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Testing the memory but I think I was at the opening of Planet Hollywood listening to whatever the hell Sly Stallone was trying to say.
I was nearby on a massive bender with mates at Crown sportsmans bar

There's no space in modern forward lines when the defence is set, so the kick that you're describing involves Cox working his way past, or through players to get to the ball drop - he doesn't do this well.
Yep, again, the comment I was replying to related to 1x1 scenarios more specifically.

Notwithstanding this, the concept of kicking to your targets advantage can still be applied when the defence is set. Too often we appear to bomb and hope to stationary targets when the defence is set. Chews up any advantage Cox could have when he is forced to standing leap against his opponent with two more going "third up" over the top.

Anyhow, he's selected, lets see if he actually plays and is utilised given the likely wet weather.

Yep, again, the comment I was replying to related to 1x1 scenarios more specifically.

Notwithstanding this, the concept of kicking to your targets advantage can still be applied when the defence is set. Too often we appear to bomb and hope to stationary targets when the defence is set. Chews up any advantage Cox could have when he is forced to standing leap against his opponent with two more going "third up" over the top.

Anyhow, he's selected, lets see if he actually plays and is utilised given the likely wet weather.
I actually don't mind him in the ruck and as a forward who hits up to the flank. Don't like him as an inside 50 target, despite it being possible that he could turn on one of his day outs.

I actually don't mind him in the ruck and as a forward who hits up to the flank. Don't like him as an inside 50 target, despite it being possible that he could turn on one of his day outs.

The key to Cox is getting him involved early. Ideally with a mark and goal as deep FF or as starting ruck. I don’t think starting him on the bench works.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

The key to Cox is getting him involved early. Ideally with a mark and goal as deep FF or as starting ruck. I don’t think starting him on the bench works.

I don't think it's that simple. He's had lots of shockers after starting the game as a deep forward. I think you need to cross your fingers, avoid mirrors, black cats and ladders and then master a Flemish dance and if you're lucky the good Mason may came and take over. It's only worked 4 times in 6 years though.

Cox has keyless entry.

Yeah I've definitely gone through ups and downs in terms of whether I think he should be in the team. Ruck and resting forward makes sense to me right now and feels like our only option.

Old mate McStay is not exactly filling me with confidence tonight that he is the replacement for Coxy next season (especially at a much higher cost...)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back