Preview Changes: R5 vs Carlton, Thursday April 13, 7.10pm ACST @ Adelaide Oval

Which of these players come in this week?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

For anyone saying Keays should be dropped as he is our worst forward... Last week he had 13 CBA's so who is taking those instead? Bearing in mind he had 7 the week before when Pedlar played. Is NED going in there? Cause that would be hilarious (For Carlton)

For anyone saying Keays should be dropped as he is our worst forward... Last week he had 13 CBA's so who is taking those instead? Bearing in mind he had 7 the week before when Pedlar played. Is NED going in there? Cause that would be hilarious (For Carlton)

dawson
soligo
sloane
murphy
rankine
Rachele
laird
Pedlar

make the 13 up out of that lot..

hell.. I’d even like to see Fog thrown in there for a bounce or two.. see if he can chuck a few of his “don’t argue’s” in the mix..

we played him in the CB’s a few times in the past when his confidence and form was down and he wasn’t getting many touches as a KPF.. and he showed real power and agility.. maybe now he has found form and confidence up forward and is getting his hands on the footy it’s time to throw him in the middle a couple of times again..

cant hurt to try.

I think it’s time to try Jones in there again too.

Keays has been resoundingly beaten by his opponents when thrown back into the CB’s since being moved forward.

dawson
soligo
sloane
murphy
rankine
Rachele
laird
Pedlar

make the 13 up out of that lot..

hell.. I’d even like to see Fog thrown in there for a bounce or two.. see if he can chuck a few of his “don’t argue’s” in the mix..

we played him in the CB’s a few times in the past when his confidence and form was down and he wasn’t getting many touches as a KPF.. and he showed real power and agility.. maybe now he has found form and confidence up forward and is getting his hands on the footy it’s time to throw him in the middle a couple of times again..

cant hurt to try.

I think it’s time to try Jones in there again too.

Keays has been resoundingly beaten by his opponents when thrown back into the CB’s since being moved forward.
Yep. Keays is the one that comes out for Berry next week.

The Berry that isn't in the team? He takes the CBA's for dropping Keays for Pedlar and keeping Ned in the team?
Berry should be taking majority of Keays' CBA's once he is back, Keays was rarely getting any the opening 2 rounds and wasn't particularly good as a forward

For whatever reason Soligo has gotten less CBA's than Keays the past 2 rounds, He can take them, Pedlar/Jones could get an occasional run through the guts this week, Sloane too, We have options to assist Laird, Dawson, Rachele

Clam, I'm pretty confident, the only reason keays held his spot this week was because of his past performance against carlton. He can't be kicking at 45% for the last two weeks and keep his spot. Big game for the elephant.

The mchenry out for pedlar is a massive win for me. Getting games into a player that has way more upside and potential to shape the future of the team. He's going to follow Rachele and have more time in the midfield next year.

#PedlarPlays

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Genuinely can’t believe how many complaints there have been about McHenry being dropped. He plays one good game, clearly an outlier, and there is outrage. Chances are if he played tonight he would have stunk it up again and the comments would’ve been, “I wish we dropped McHenry.”

Probably the same people who have been calling for Nicks to be more ruthless with his selections.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I lol'd, but he's more elephant beetle then an elephant in the room.

After all, he's in the forward line primarily for defensive work and link play, and just about every publically available that's related to those two facets, Keays is above average or elite at this year. The goal kicking is really the only blemish to the first proper year of Keays being a defensive forward in our setup. It's minor as we have enough firepower to cover a career 30-40% shot if they're bringing high production elsewhere (after all - this is a patchwork role). Considering we play a style that is heavily reliant on pressure at the ball carrier and quick counter attacks from defense, the role isn't going anywhere seeing it's one that enhances both goals. Not without us hitting on the next Charlie Cameron in the draft.

Would any of our kids do better in this kind of role? History has indicated otherwise. It's a career killer, or at least a limiter for most kids who have been tasked with this. Taylor would fail, much in the same way Gallucci did. It's just not a fit for his skill set. Nank would end up being a considerable downgrade, but would likely end up at a McHenry like level. Bond maybe? but has barely kicked a ball in anger and likely to run into the same issues as Nank.

Tl;dr certainly playing his part in the equal third best offense in the first month.

Where's this outrage and many complaints you talk of exactly?

Pedlar was always coming in and unless he has a dramatic form lapse he'll always be ahead of McHenry in his current role, at least until he transitions into a permanent midfielder which we all hope is sooner than later.
Pedlar offers so much more than ned... they are in different leagues ... ned is only fighting with Murphy and so far Murphy has been good this year. I wouldn't class Murphy as an automatic either. I'd be picking macadam ahead of both of them every day of the week.

Plenty of good signs from younger players except for a couple of midfielders we were hoping to step up:
Sam Berry
Harry Schoenberg

Both were getting good wraps for their preseasons too. Hopefully can find their rhythm soon, and full fitness in Berry's case

Plenty of good signs from younger players except for a couple of midfielders we were hoping to step up:
Sam Berry
Harry Schoenberg

Both were getting good wraps for their preseasons too. Hopefully can find their rhythm soon, and full fitness in Berry's case
I’m more confident in Berry than Schoenberg right now

In fact, as it stands, I wouldn’t be surprised if Schoenberg looks for a trade/is trade bait come season’s end

Nicks gave Ned zero coaches votes.
He couldn’t crack the side in the first 3 weeks.
He’s the definition of fringe, which will mean he’ll miss plenty of games.
Yes agree. Ned is trying to break into one of the best if not the best forward line going around. He will end up leaving imo and probably have a good career elsewhere. There are plenty of other forward lines not as good.

Back