Changes vs Sydney (R6) - Salem to debut

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Every year we say this. Every year. He had his big chance, he got 8 touches.

How many other years has he got to play under a proper coach though? I thought when he did get it he used it pretty well and seemed to do a couple of good defensive things. Another week or two for mine, Roos seems to be a fan of giving the guys an extended run to judge where they are at (e.g. Evans who is still in despite contributing next to nothing)

How come anyone we draft (ie Salem) has to be nursed for a million weeks, yet Port bring in Wingard straight off the mark and Wines has played every game since he got there and the Saints are playing Billings from close to day 1 and they are all stars? Not everyone is Jack Watts. Jay Viney is injury prone but he is ready for AFL. If Salem isn't why did we draft him? It could not be to play in a team that the current coach has handed over to someone else. Let's get him in there. The 19 year olds are carving up this competition in 2014, get some in!
Because we're s**t at player development and other clubs aren't. Jack Viney played a year in the VFL (not too many games) and trained with us for a whole year before his first AFL preseason, it's not the same.

Thought we would just start with one... make sure all skills transferred.
Wasn't a type-o just think another N. Jones type is what we need

Outs: Terlich, Pedersen, Georgiou

In: Garland, Strauss, Clisby

Jetta to the sub, Evans to a full game.

Maybe Kent to come in to if fit.

Last edited:
Because we're s**t at player development and other clubs aren't. Jack Viney played a year in the VFL (not too many games) and trained with us for a whole year before his first AFL preseason, it's not the same.
But Port haven't developed Wines. He came straight in. He has played every game since he got there. Billings came in after 3 games and is turning the tide. I get that our players are struggling in a weak club, but we are over thinking this as well. We may as well play a new kid ahead of an experienced rookie.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think Jetta should get another game or two just to see where he's at, hard to judge based one one game.

In: Garland, Jamar, Kent (if ready), Clisby
Out: Georgiou, Spencer, Evans, Terlich

Spot on mate

Even giving Salem a crack instead of Kent

Surely Jamar gets a run soon? Kicked two goals at Casey and its been what his 3rd game there? Spencer needs someone other then Pedo to chop out with

B: Colin Garland, Alex Georgiou, Lynden Dunn

HB: Jeremy Howe, James Frawley, Jack Watts

C: Jack Viney, Jordie McKenzie, Dom Tyson

HF: Dean Kent, Cam Pedersen, Christian Salem

F: Mark Jamar, Chris Dawes, Rohan Bail

FOLL: Jake Spencer, Nathan Jones, Daniel Cross

I/C: Jay Kennedy-Harris, Matt Jones, Michael Evans

Sub: Neville Jetta

Out:Tom McDonald, Dean Terlich, Bernie Vince, Jack Grimes (only if Kent is fit)
In: Dean Kent(if fit), Colin Garland, Christian Salem, Mark Jamar.
Maybe swap Jetta as sub for Jones. Frawley up front is great, but if Buddy is firing Frawley to shut him down

B: Colin Garland, Alex Georgiou, Lynden Dunn

HB: Jeremy Howe, James Frawley, Jack Watts

C: Jack Viney, Jordie McKenzie, Dom Tyson

HF: Dean Kent, Cam Pedersen, Christian Salem

F: Mark Jamar, Chris Dawes, Rohan Bail

FOLL: Jake Spencer, Nathan Jones, Daniel Cross

I/C: Jay Kennedy-Harris, Matt Jones, Michael Evans

Sub: Neville Jetta

Out:Tom McDonald, Dean Terlich, Bernie Vince, Jack Grimes (only if Kent is fit)
In: Dean Kent(if fit), Colin Garland, Christian Salem, Mark Jamar.
Maybe swap Jetta as sub for Jones. Frawley up front is great, but if Buddy is firing Frawley to shut him down

McDonald Vince and Grimes?

U R KIDDIN MI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back