Media Club Power Rankings

Remove this Banner Ad

Warriors should be 4th. Bears 5th. Throw a blanket over Bandits, Wolves, Roys, Hawks (only because Okey moved there), Furies. Then Rats. Demons last.

The only reason I had Demons slightly higher is that:
a) they won the flag last season.
b) they really don't care what anyone else thinks.

Won't someone think of the Demons!

Warriors should be 4th. Bears 5th. Throw a blanket over Bandits, Wolves, Roys, Hawks (only because Okey moved there), Furies. Then Rats. Demons last.

Bears are more relevant than the lolwo Dragons.

We are two and a half match threads in and the Dragons have failed at being great and awesome.

Care to elaborate on this Hawks momentum? I, like 90% of the league haven't seen it and are not sure what you are going for.
The retirement of Karny was being spoken about as a nail in the coffin moment. It got people talking about the Hawks. He was the one poster that people saw could be an emerging star. Since his retirement, the Hawks have been on the agenda. Could they fold? Could they re-emerge? Would they have enough players to make squad submission? Was the listing of Karny on the squad against site rules?

Over the off-season we have seen the Hawks front and centre with a lot of issues. There was a public feud when Itsmyshow was highly critical of the All-SFA team and his refusal to submit a team as a committee member due to a misunderstanding between he and I. Further, there was the Hawks' failure to vote for the EKA medal. Later, the Hawks were the most critical club of the committee cuts due to the constant chopping and changing at the Hawks in representation at committee level. For weeks, there was a running feud between the league and the Hawks' long time leaders.

Then came news of the pitch. Tarks' offer to try and recruit a "big fish" in myself to step away from full-forward and give me a shot at the all-time record was a huge storyline. Knowing the on-field rivalry that Tarks and I have had for many years. It is a move that plays to the "look at me" attitude the Hawks needed. It is significant. Next season, the Hawks will likely name the numbers 1 and 2 forwards in the all-time goal kicking at CHF and FF. Imposing.

While the pitch was made, the club recruited the underrated Gentlemen, who is a great match thread poster who is only now being recognised as such. Then I made the big move just weeks out from the season. It was a move that saw some Royals, including Soggy, "turn against me" in the lead-up to S19 and generated a lot of discussion. The move also saw follow up threads from the Royals about Tarks trolling me and, later, caused the Royals to actively seek the services of Juggalo Balla.

The Hawks' off-season has had massive flow on effects in terms of activity generated. They bought in Gentlemen, myself and Citroin. We have seen the re-emergence early this season of Ashton Agar and IMS is back to his best in the match threads after a re-invigorating off-season. Mr Eagle is at his absolute best. The top 6 or 7 posters for experience at the Hawks have played this game for a very very long time and the Hawks made a concerted effort to bring in a "look at me" attitude to put us back on the radar.

We are a trending topic. We have improved vastly.

As I've said, the top 3 were the top 3 by a mile. 4th onwards is very even. Hawks by a beak ;)

The retirement of Karny was being spoken about as a nail in the coffin moment. It got people talking about the Hawks. He was the one poster that people saw could be an emerging star. Since his retirement, the Hawks have been on the agenda. Could they fold? Could they re-emerge? Would they have enough players to make squad submission? Was the listing of Karny on the squad against site rules?

Over the off-season we have seen the Hawks front and centre with a lot of issues. There was a public feud when Itsmyshow was highly critical of the All-SFA team and his refusal to submit a team as a committee member due to a misunderstanding between he and I. Further, there was the Hawks' failure to vote for the EKA medal. Later, the Hawks were the most critical club of the committee cuts due to the constant chopping and changing at the Hawks in representation at committee level. For weeks, there was a running feud between the league and the Hawks' long time leaders.

Then came news of the pitch. Tarks' offer to try and recruit a "big fish" in myself to step away from full-forward and give me a shot at the all-time record was a huge storyline. Knowing the on-field rivalry that Tarks and I have had for many years. It is a move that plays to the "look at me" attitude the Hawks needed. It is significant. Next season, the Hawks will likely name the numbers 1 and 2 forwards in the all-time goal kicking at CHF and FF. Imposing.

While the pitch was made, the club recruited the underrated Gentlemen, who is a great match thread poster who is only now being recognised as such. Then I made the big move just weeks out from the season. It was a move that saw some Royals, including Soggy, "turn against me" in the lead-up to S19 and generated a lot of discussion. The move also saw follow up threads from the Royals about Tarks trolling me and, later, caused the Royals to actively seek the services of Juggalo Balla.

The Hawks' off-season has had massive flow on effects in terms of activity generated. They bought in Gentlemen, myself and Citroin. We have seen the re-emergence early this season of Ashton Agar and IMS is back to his best in the match threads after a re-invigorating off-season. Mr Eagle is at his absolute best. The top 6 or 7 posters for experience at the Hawks have played this game for a very very long time and the Hawks made a concerted effort to bring in a "look at me" attitude to put us back on the radar.

As I've said, the top 3 were the top 3 by a mile. 4th onwards is very even. Hawks by a beak ;)

So you're "trending" but you're not there yet...

So you're "trending" but you're not there yet...
Correct. Slightly ahead of lots of other clubs who haven't been too relevant over the off-season (by your own account by the way, you've kept a very steady and quiet ship and have kept your team on a leash before letting them off for the match threads) but certainly nowhere near being up among the "big 3" which is where we all should be aiming.

We both know I'm not reading that.

I going to presume you have performed fellatio on your new team mates in that post.

Warriors?

They're not even next on my list. (Spoiler alert. s**t, too late).
I'm repeating myself for the sake of clarity. Frankston Rover and BigJoeD get the warriors ahead by themselves. Their match threads are jam packed and it's almost impossible to get a word in. The Hawks bearly (like that PK?) make a blip on the radar compared to the Warriors. Bears are not far behind the Warriors either.

That's essentially the just of it, yes. Am I that predictable?
Maybe if you weren't leading them around by holding onto their knobs you wouldn't be so obvious. You are trying to make them relevant because that's what you do. It doesn't actually make them relevant.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm repeating myself for the sake of clarity. Frankston Rover and BigJoeD get the warriors ahead by themselves. Their match threads are jam packed and it's almost impossible to get a word in. The Hawks bearly (like that PK?) make a blip on the radar compared to the Warriors. Bears are not far behind the Warriors either.
FR and BJD are exceptional posters and hold their club in good stead. Relevance is in the eyes of the beholder, but a club that makes it "almost impossible for others to get a word in" doesn't make them relevant in my eyes. In fact, it can put many opposition players/posters off and make them want to avoid particular threads, thereby rendering the opposition irrelevant. Of course, with posters like FR and BJD, there is a saving grace.

Maybe if you weren't leading them around by holding onto their knobs you wouldn't be so obvious. You are trying to make them relevant because that's what you do. It doesn't actually make them relevant.
Of course it does. By the very definition of relevance, they are right now.

The grand irony is that the least relevant team will become highly relevant by the end of this thread :p

Of course it does. By the very definition of relevance, they are right now.

The grand irony is that the least relevant team will become highly relevant by the end of this thread :p
Relevance is in the eyes of the beholder
In pretty much everyone else's eyes, the Hawks are irrelevant.

FR and BJD are exceptional posters and hold their club in good stead. Relevance is in the eyes of the beholder, but a club that makes it "almost impossible for others to get a word in" doesn't make them relevant in my eyes. In fact, it can put many opposition players/posters off and make them want to avoid particular threads, thereby rendering the opposition irrelevant. Of course, with posters like FR and BJD, there is a saving grace.
This is pretty much what it comes down too. One person puff piece on who he thinks is relevant. Shock horror he put his own team in the top echelon.

If it were a survey type setup league wide and the Hawks were still this high then thats when youd get some outrage but meh its just an opinion piece nothing more

The Hawks are more relevant now than they were two months ago but they're barely top-5. The Warriors are slightly ahead of them purely on a name-basis. You hear the Warriors name, you immediately make a mental image of your I.Q. lowering. That is a form of relevance.

Are you missing something? Or are you finally becoming senile? A move to the Roys on the cards maybe?
I don't understand your post, but seeing as you're an Adelaide supporter I'll just assume you were too pre-occupied knitting or trying to get with your sister to construct a proper argument.

It's all a big load of wank anyway, the most relevant club to every player should be the one he plays for, the rest are only relevant when you play against them.
All the other stuff is mostly by individuals.

Correct. Slightly ahead of lots of other clubs who haven't been too relevant over the off-season (by your own account by the way, you've kept a very steady and quiet ship and have kept your team on a leash before letting them off for the match threads) but certainly nowhere near being up among the "big 3" which is where we all should be aiming.

No, you are now, by your own admission, basing your votes on what might happen rather than what is happening.

This is now a prediction thread.

Warriors?

They're not even next on my list. (Spoiler alert. s**t, too late).

Whatever. We don't need a list to tell us what we already know.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back