Coaching Changes - 2015

Remove this Banner Ad

Peter German or Andy Collins for VFL coach
Haven't they sacked the imposter Mark Williams yet?
Anybody on here that thinks our coaching staff did ok on EF day are dreaming as they didn't turn up .
Newman needs to do an apprenticeship under Sir Ross Lyon and come back in 3 years time with him
I have heard that Collins isn't keen on coaching an AFL affiliate VFL team as too many restrictions placed on the way you coach(team selection, game plan ). I think he may be sort of bloke that doesn't mother player's calls ait as it is, steps on a few toes. Probably what we need in all honesty

I have heard that Collins isn't keen on coaching an AFL affiliate VFL team as too many restrictions placed on the way you coach(team selection, game plan ). I think he may be sort of bloke that doesn't mother player's calls ait as it is, steps on a few toes. Probably what we need in all honesty
Definitely mate. He coached the Coburg Tigers under Wallace and got them to a GF and finals. He did things his way which TW often didn't agree to and TW would play the guys in almost opposite positions when promoted to seniors
AC and PG are fantastic motivators and developers of young talent and should be working at AFL level IMO
They also are excellent pre game day planners and always have multiple contingency plans in place on game day if things go wrong.
With PG it may not often work bc of the lack of talent base available , but he backs his kids in

Watch how west coast handled the tag on shuey from Norf and compare it to us. They had everyone including Priddis providing blocks and help we had nothing.

Number 1 priority should be a midfield coach who comes from success and know how to break a tag but can also teach blokes how to tackle our game plan is ok in the regular season but too many blokes are soft as * when push comes to shove and don't go hard enough at it and thus get found out when it comes to finals.

Also a new fitness coach would be nice

Watch how west coast handled the tag on shuey from Norf and compare it to us. They had everyone including Priddis providing blocks and help we had nothing.

Number 1 priority should be a midfield coach who comes from success and know how to break a tag but can also teach blokes how to tackle our game plan is ok in the regular season but too many blokes are soft as **** when push comes to shove and don't go hard enough at it and thus get found out when it comes to finals.

Priddis could just about beat our whole midfield single handed.
I cannot believe how this guy has just turned into a monster
Will always say it ,that too many guys just coast at tigerland
We just don't have those Line breaking hard nosed monsters that go at it week in week out irrespective of the opposition
Midfield coach is a joke and that's why we get found out against teams with big bodied mids
North Crows Cats and Eagles and even Freo ( with no fwd line)

Peter German or Andy Collins for VFL coach
Haven't they sacked the imposter Mark Williams yet?
Anybody on here that thinks
coaching staff did ok on EF day are dreaming as they didn't turn up .
Newman needs to do an apprenticeship under Sir Ross Lyon and come back in 3 years time with him
Why on Earth would we want Ross Lyon when at this stage we know his game plan is not a Premiership winning one, not too mention the coin he would want.
He is obviously a good home and away coach but he has won nothing after 4 attempts and doesnt really develop a club for the future, the coach we have now knows how to beat Lyons gameplan as it is.

Mick Malthouse would consider it i believe

Seriously though wouldnt mind Barker , I was pretty impressed with the way he went about in his short stint at the blues senior coach

Scott Burns might like to coach his own side whilst still being part of a big Afl club

Barker no way. Has a very poor record, I each line he's coached. Unimaginative and uninspiring. No.

Newy needs to leave. Hope he goes to a very good club
Someone said here that Dimma prefers people to go and get experience in different environments rather than just get a coaching role at the same club they played at. Surprised he did not end up in Some role at Carlton , they would be looking for a guy who had experience in a massive rebuild

Someone said here that Dimma prefers people to go and get experience in different environments rather than just get a coaching role at the same club they played at. Surprised he did not end up in Some role at Carlton , they would be looking for a guy who had experience in a massive rebuild

I reckon Dimma would be giving Newy a glowing reference to Clarkson.
That's where he should go

Why on Earth would we want Ross Lyon when at this stage we know his game plan is not a Premiership winning one, not too mention the coin he would want.
He is obviously a good home and away coach but he has won nothing after 4 attempts and doesnt really develop a club for the future, the coach we have now knows how to beat Lyons gameplan as it is.
Really why would we want DH bc at this stage we know he cannot get us into a top four position or even win an EF after three cracks ?
mate at least with SRL you know you will have 22 blokes on the field having a crack and up to fitness :$
I'm sick of seeing blokes in cruise control playing for the RFC
SRL would get us into a prelim at least in his first year. DH is still chasing a finals win lol

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Really why would we want DH bc at this stage we know he cannot get us into a top for position o r even win an EF mat least with SRL you know you will have 22 blokes on the field having a crack and up to fitness :$
We want to win flags not minor premierships, sorry but going for Ross would be a crazy idea:$

As for fitness he had a guy with a fractured leg running around on prelim day really smart move that one, this has to be one of the silliest ideas I have heard, if we want to get in a gun coach then throw everything we have at Hawthorns coach.

We want to win flags not minor premierships, sorry but going for Ross would be a crazy idea:$

As for fitness he had a guy with a fractured leg running around on prelim day really smart move that one, this has to be one of the silliest ideas I have heard, if we want to get in a gun coach then throw everything we have at Hawthorns coach.

He's just too defensive.
I rate him, but he's not evolved as a coach

This is probably a weird one but several times this year watching Tigers games I have thought it would be a cool idea if they got a judo instructor as a tackling coach. Basically just teach them how to lock up opponents arms so they can't handball and force the illegal disposal..

How about working with the Melbourne Storm?? They pissed off the entire NRL world with their tackles holding up play...

Lenny Hayes, midfield coach.

New strength and conditioning coach - apparently there's some bloke that used to work with Geelong when they were dominating that's apparently free now ;)

New forwards coach. Buggered if I know who, but the Hawks and Weagles seem to punch out the goals, lets have a look at poaching one of theirs...

Lenny Hayes, midfield coach.

New strength and conditioning coach - apparently there's some bloke that used to work with Geelong when they were dominating that's apparently free now ;)

New forwards coach. Buggered if I know who, but the Hawks and Weagles seem to punch out the goals, lets have a look at poaching one of theirs...
Hayes is at GWS

Number 1 priority should be a midfield coach who comes from success and know how to break a tag but can also teach blokes how to tackle our game plan is ok in the regular season but too many blokes are soft as **** when push comes to shove and don't go hard enough at it and thus get found out when it comes to finals.

Shuey had 11 touches

He's still gets you there. With DH you're dreaming once you get passed the smoke screen

Not being rude but are you old enough to remember what getting there without winning it is like, there is no worse feeling.

I want to get there and win it and at this point DH has as much chance of doing that as Ross Lyon, Ross has been trying for years with better teams than DH has to play with and still no flag, whereas DH has improved our team a little nearly every year and at least DH has given us a future whether under him or someone else.
Sorry but unless Ross can come up with a totally different game plan I would say of the two, DH is more likely to eventually win a flag.

Priddis could just about beat our whole midfield single handed.
I cannot believe how this guy has just turned into a monster
Will always say it ,that too many guys just coast at tigerland
We just don't have those Line breaking hard nosed monsters that go at it week in week out irrespective of the opposition
Midfield coach is a joke and that's why we get found out against teams with big bodied mids
North Crows Cats and Eagles and even Freo ( with no fwd line)
Shuey had 11 touches

the point is they had blokes helping and not shirking contests we need a midfield coach to teach them to be harder at the ball, break tags, help their mates break tags regardless if you are the reigning brownlow medalist or a 1st game player.

Not being rude but are you old enough to remember what getting there without winning it is like, there is no worse feeling.

I want to get there and win it and at this point DH has as much chance of doing that as Ross Lyon, Ross has been trying for years with better teams than DH has to play with and still no flag, whereas DH has improved our team a little nearly every year and at least DH has given us a future whether under him or someone else.
Sorry but unless Ross can come up with a totally different game plan I would say of the two, DH is more likely to eventually win a flag.
Mate i'm old enough to know you're a kid with very little knowledge of the game.
remember the knights Daffy young cub days where all these flags were going to fall down from the sky and land on PRO????
SRL was so close to winning a flag it's not funny.Had he not had some player Kickett not boozing up and larking around the move would have paid off.
SRL would change the culture of the club in three weeks from a coaster to a professional hard working one.It's all about ethics. FMD DH is still learning according to him on SEN last week.He will never get us to be anything bc he hides behind excuses rather than trying solve our host of deficiencies which have been evident since 2012 the year the line "Honorable Losses" was woven.

the point is they had blokes helping and not shirking contests we need a midfield coach to teach them to be harder at the ball, break tags, help their mates break tags regardless if you are the reigning brownlow medalist or a 1st game player.
This makes my point.DH and the FD are recruiting the wrong players and developing them poorly.we are too light,not hard at it and sadly not united to fight for one another.Poorly coached in most dept.

Mate i'm old enough to know you're a kid with very little knowledge of the game.
remember the knights Daffy young cub days where all these flags were going to fall down from the sky and land on PRO????
SRL was so close to winning a flag it's not funny.Had he not had some player Kickett not boozing up and larking around the move would have paid off.
SRL would change the culture of the club in three weeks from a coaster to a professional hard working one.It's all about ethics. FMD DH is still learning according to him on SEN last week.He will never get us to be anything bc he hides behind excuses rather than trying solve our host of deficiencies which have been evident since 2012 the year the line "Honorable Losses" was woven.
Lol Im 52 as of last Sunday, so stop being a little tosser, Ive been a Tiger supporter since 69/70, so have seen what it takes and one thing I know is whinging supporters like you we can do without.

Ross Lyon, what a crazy idea, the man has won nothing while other clubs that won flags against his teams are still competing for flags his old team St Kilda has won a spoon since he left them in such bad shape.

You carry on about honorable losses and then say we should get Lyon, the King of honorable losses, now go away and have a think about it and come back when you have something useful too add to the discussion:rolleyes:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back