Collingwood apologise for booing

Remove this Banner Ad

Hmm….so a coach is asked ‘What did you think about the boo’ing of Buddy’

Whats he supposed to say, ‘Who’s Buddy?’.😆😆

Man, Id hate to see you if he really cut loose and pointed the finger….you’d go blue! 😆😆😆

Nah…I refer back to my earlier post….you’re distinctly paranoid.

Me and the rest of society but not you it seems.

Whole Collingwood hierarchy captain coach, media, 90% of the social boards all got the inference.
But nah not you. You know he was just saying why boo bud for no reason.

LeBron has copped plenty of booing so presumably you have just randomly grabbed a few high profile sportsman’s names (that you Whatley)?
USA sports fans do not boo EVERY SINGLE TIME the same person touches the ball.

LeBron won't get booed today with home court but let's see how much he gets Boo'd when he is back at the Chase Centre - I'll bet it is SFA. I have never noticed it.

Good idea, let's make this thread about Richmond.

Every thread should be about Richmond.
Lol, totally missed the point in an attempt to derail the thread as Tiges are rent free in your head. Nice attempt. But the adults are talking. Shhhhh.

I've waited a few days to say anything about the booing of Buddy Franklin, I can't quite understand why he was signaled out by fans because his days of dominating and winning games off of his own boot are well and truly over. Of course, this is the AFL in 2023 and you have to wonder if they want a squeaky clean competition with fans sitting down in their designated seats and clapping politely saying "Jolly good show old chap " in nothing more than a slightly raised voice. Booing has been going on in professionally played sports since the 19th century, in Australian Rules Football for over 125 years. The Franklin booing was strange I suppose, but just exactly what do they want fans to do at the football? Leave all emotion at home? I am not a "booer", I have great respect for players who are the best in every team that plays well against my team that I support, I think Nick Daicos is fantastic, I already touted him as the best player in the competition in another thread months ago, I love the Bont, I think Rowell is great, wouldn't for a second think of booing them, but I wish them chewy on the boot every time they kick the ball! Is it just Collingwood fans? That's an easy cop out, but i am not sure how the AFL wants fans to behave at the football in a huge stadium alongside 70,000 other people who all have different opinions on everything that is going on before them. The Franklin booing is a weird one though. Good call by Collingwood in denouncing it very quickly, they have a very good coach and to his credit, Moore is fast becoming a very good Captain. It will be interesting to see if Tom Stewart gets the treatment on Friday night from Richmond fans. i would be surprised if he didn't, but he expects it. The question is, will it be over the top?
Support your team.

It really is not that hard.

To be fair, I don’t think many people did either.
I had no idea and I read a lot (too much) footy media. There was literally no one I reckon at that game who booed JHF for being Indigenous. The Goodes booing undoubtedly had racial elements to it for a large portion of those booing, even a portion of the Franklin one probably did (but not the majority) but to suggest JHF did is so ridiculous and is being done by many here in poor faith. It's reflective of much of the "gotcha" culture today where people are not interested in and do not care about actually addressing the horrible conditon of much of Aboriginal Australia and genuine racism, but want to use it as a cheap shot tactic to win a d&&& measuring contest with opposition fans.

Lol, totally missed the point in an attempt to derail the thread as Tiges are rent free in your head. Nice attempt. But the adults are talking. Shhhhh.
Not rent free at all my friend.
Richmond nuffies bring much joy to my heart, much laughter too!
Do the bit about the umpire conspiracy next, I love that bit!

He wasn't a thug and didn't deserve to be run out of the game. Players like Toby Greene are way worse than that.

Bullshit, Goodes was a dirty sniper. against Melbourne he would use his elbow constantly, especially when tagged. The AFL created the whole situation by protecting the dirty sniper.

Laughable to watch someone now try and rewrite history

Bullshit, Goodes was a dirty sniper. against Melbourne he would use his elbow constantly, especially when tagged. The AFL created the whole situation by protecting the dirty sniper.

History seems to get re-written by the same people every time doesn't it? :)

Support your team.

It really is not that hard.

No. It's not just about going to the game and supporting your team, it's also about using your presence to throw the other team off where possible to assist your team winning.

That's a natural part of sport. Always has been. Globally.

You people need to go back to watching theater instead of attempting to hijack something you belong nowhere near.

In a thread full of stupid, I think you might genuinely be the only person to consider this workplace bullying.

Does that make the fans employees as well or independent contractors? I've not been paid to go to a game yet

Did you read the legislation?

Settle down you two.

No. It's not just about going to the game and supporting your team, it's also about using your presence to throw the other team off where possible to assist your team winning.

That's a natural part of sport. Always has been. Globally.

You people need to go back to watching theater instead of attempting to hijack something you belong nowhere near.
Yeah - cause it made such a huge difference to Buddy's performance :rolleyes:

So if your theory is correct - why don't you boo every single opposition player to "throw the other team off"?

Or does it just work on Buddy?

Stick to the topic or shhhhhhhh.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

His whole gameplan is literally to lower the knees and draw free kicks. He deserves it.

Buddy’s game plan is to throw the arms in the air and play for free kicks. When that fails he whacks players in the head. He deserves all the booing he gets.

This will snowball quickly, Buddy will get booed relentlessly at every away game from now on. People don't like being told what to do!
100% you're right there. I love booing. I'll boo every mainland team that comes to play us. I'll boo harder when told not to boo.

Do people really boo thinking it will put players off? I think it's more just an expulsion of internalised rage built up over a week, month or perhaps lifetime.

Nineteen Eighty-Four introduced us to the idea of the daily "Two Minutes' Hate". Maybe we should have that at quarter time - show some clips on the big screen of bad umpiring decisions, Papley sticking his tongue out, Selwood getting frees and Goodes pointing to the crowd, etc etc. Let, nay, compel everyone to scream and shout at the screen for two minutes. Let it all out. Done.

Then relax and enjoy the game.

probably best for folk like you to leave history alone :)

So will the AFL release an ok to boo and do not boo list each week with the teams? It seems most who took issue with booing Buddy have no problem with booing Ginnivan or Papley so clearly booing isn’t the problem it’s just don’t upset their poor Buddy, he’s got enough problems already getting such a pitiful amount of money to pretend to play football past his use by date.

USA sports fans do not boo EVERY SINGLE TIME the same person touches the ball.

LeBron won't get booed today with home court but let's see how much he gets Boo'd when he is back at the Chase Centre - I'll bet it is SFA. I have never noticed it.

What a odd comparison. LeBRon has the ball for a good 15+ minutes in a game and spread out over 20 seconds per touch. Your throat would be wrecked if you booed for that long. With Buddy he has it for what 2 minutes a game spread out over many many minutes per touch

Its not the same in any way

So will the AFL release an ok to boo and do not boo list each week with the teams? It seems most who took issue with booing Buddy have no problem with booing Ginnivan or Papley so clearly booing isn’t the problem it’s just don’t upset their poor Buddy, he’s got enough problems already getting such a pitiful amount of money to pretend to play football past his use by date.
Great idea. It could add to the excitement of Thursday nights.

Now, not only do we get the list of INs and OUTs, but a list of booable players from both teams.

I like it.

It seems most who took issue with booing Buddy have no problem with booing Ginnivan or Papley
Weird take. Most of those who’ve voiced an opinion against booing in this thread (and I’ve had to read the whole darn thing; it seems you’ve been spared that delight) have said they’re not fans of it no matter who it’s targeted at.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back