2nds Crows in the SANFL Elimination/Qualifying Finals

Remove this Banner Ad

IIRC Shane Schubert?
correct

from memory, Schubert bumped him or something similar a few moments earlier, and the red mist took over, as usual... just typical thuggish behaviour

Yeah but the porpus come via a different avenue. He wasn't recruited as a sprightly 17 year old. He was recruited as a mature 20 year old.
True. but he was a gun when he was 17 anyway. Couldn't believe when Mackie was taken but Porps wasn't. We had 4 guys go in that draft, and I always believed Porps was better than all of them. (Mackie, Rivers, Nick Smith went to Melbourne, and David King went to Collingwood)

True. but he was a gun when he was 17 anyway. Couldn't believe when Mackie was taken but Porps wasn't. We had 4 guys go in that draft, and I always believed Porps was better than all of them. (Mackie, Rivers, Nick Smith went to Melbourne, and David King went to Collingwood)

Another Sacred Heart boy, always good to see :thumbsu:

No one will ever convince me different that a Crows reserve game could be as beneficial as the SANFL qualifying final they played in today. Playing against hardened men who really meant business and didn't give an inch today really would have been the making of those players today. Crouch took time to find the ball today but once he got the tempo and physicality of the game he really worked hard, Laird the same. A years experience for both those boys in this competition where a win means something is going to pay off in spades to the Crows later on. For the life of me I can't see how taking players out of that environment to a reserves team is going to serve them better.

That's all well and good if they are allowed to play. Realistically how many players would we have pulled from sanfl finals if we weren't still playing AFL finals? Port have pretty much pulled all their players including guys like Pfeiffer and Rodan who are yet to be offered a contract for next year. I may have a vested interest as a Redlegs supporter, but Pfeiff is a redlegs boy through and through - if we manage to not choke this year, how pissed would he be if he misses out on an sanfl flag with the legs and then gets told by Port he is being delisted.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I reckon he'll almost be the best tackler in our team next year. Seems to have really strong hands. He had no problems stopping 90kg men trying to run past him. One gut tries and he grabbed his jumper and just yanked him backwards. Was crazy good.
What's his closing speed like could he play across half forward to help pets with forward pressure ? Maybe play a little higher with runs through the midfield similar to what dougy does know but with more tackles

I went down to footy park for a look at the West-Centrals game. Very enjoyable and good to see Tex, Patty, Tippo and a heap of the boys watching. Really impressed with Grigg and Orval and their attention to current fashion :p

Crouch was super i liked his clearance work, tackling and ability to get out trouble with a lightning handball. Was very creative and instrumental in the win. Centrals had someone hanging off him at every stoppage. Laird looks like quite the player as well. Always wanted the footy, never panicked and his decision making was amazing for such an inexperienced player. Im sure he could play afl next year despite his small stature. Great to see Westies get up hope they can at least make the GF.

Does the WAFL have a bye? Not totally relevant to what i was thinking, but back on the crows reserves in their own comp with WA teams and port, one bad thing about that is you play the opposition 4 times a year. I was wondering if some extra games could be against the SANFL teams that have the bye, so that maybe you only play 3 times per year, which isnt too bad. It would be interesting to see how a crows reserves team performs against a SANFL team and what sort of crowd/ viewing it would draw.

What's his closing speed like could he play across half forward to help pets with forward pressure ? Maybe play a little higher with runs through the midfield similar to what dougy does know but with more tackles

Hard to tell from TV and in the SANFL. The scout reports were that he has above average speed and acceleration though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back