Oppo Camp Dangerfield's Gone (Zero tolerance to trolling) - READ THREAD LINKED IN OP BEFORE POSTING

Remove this Banner Ad

The problem is that GHS has to replace a player on our list currently. We already have a ton of slow inside mids with average skills, so replacing these players with him is a nill-all-draw. On top of this he wouldn't be as familiar with our other players and their traits as our existing slow mids, so it'd actually be a downgrade overall.
Yeah my post was saying we don't need him.

This is a big point .....that said McCarthy deal will get GWS bigger trade value because he's contracted ......Danger's not contracted , that's the difference

That said, no difference Treloar and Danger
Except it seems that Treloar is potentially open to any number of Melbourne clubs. Hence, it might take a better deal to land him.

Seems unlikely at this point, but I can't see why this can't be a three way trade. Both teams appear to have their fingers in many pies, i.e Smith, Henderson, Hampton.

I like to think both Cats and Crows are two of the more rationale teams, imagine if we were to work together and stuff over another team, for instance Carlton in a move that facilitates the trade of both T Menzel and Henderson in opposite directions... Probably wouldn't even be too bad for Carlton as they'd get a bevy of picks, which is all they really need right now.

This is a big point .....that said McCarthy deal will get GWS bigger trade value because he's contracted ......Danger's not contracted , that's the difference

That said, no difference Treloar and Danger

Yep, Fremantle have absolutely zero leverage there. Player isn't a free agent, isn't even out of contract so can't threaten to go in the draft. So the Dockers basically have to go on their knees to GWS and beg, hence paying massive overs.

Whatever happens between Geelong and Adelaide, I at least hope it will relatively amicable. As I have said earlier, geelong will be the winners here regardless. It's patrick bloody dangerfield! We can't lose. Not being facetious at all. If we give you round 1 and out second rounder next year, you guys have lost, even if we put in a sweetner. For what it's worth, losing a massive player sucks, and trust me, we know, we lost ablett. I just hope at the end of the day, you guys are relatively happy, because I'm future it may be us on the back of a trade we don't want to do

Whatever happens between Geelong and Adelaide, I at least hope it will relatively amicable. As I have said earlier, geelong will be the winners here regardless. It's patrick bloody dangerfield! We can't lose. Not being facetious at all. If we give you round 1 and out second rounder next year, you guys have lost, even if we put in a sweetner. For what it's worth, losing a massive player sucks, and trust me, we know, we lost ablett. I just hope at the end of the day, you guys are relatively happy, because I'm future it may be us on the back of a trade we don't want to do
Cant agree with this more. I think most Crows fans have accepted the fact we will receive unders. It's the line of thought that we'll happily accept ridiculously poor compensation in return that irks us. Like I said in my previous post, I think both clubs are rationale enough and will work together to bring this to an amicable conclusion.

Glad we're dealing with Geelong and not Essendon that's for sure!

Thank you Mooneyman; nice to have someone talking sense.

You're potentially getting a top 3 player, who will instantly become the best midfielder in your team, just as he's entering his prime.

Two mid teens picks is massively undervalued.

If we wanted Fyfe, or a younger Selwood, I'd trade 2 first rounders and a player in a heartbeat.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do any of you see this going any better than pick 9 and a fringe player/2nd rounder?
I don't, but its better than the compo pick. Meh, they can keep the steak knife that's been bandied. I still wouldn't care if AFC held out for more and it caused PD to go into the draft. I was with Chocco way back when, so I'd sacrifice pick 14 for the sake of overall club culture.

Yep, Fremantle have absolutely zero leverage there. Player isn't a free agent, isn't even out of contract so can't threaten to go in the draft. So the Dockers basically have to go on their knees to GWS and beg, hence paying massive overs.

Two first round picks is overs for sure but where do they get the extra picks to pay for Bennell from. I personally think Freo should have got Schulz as reported cheap as he is a ready made and proven #1 forward and just got Bennell in. McCarthy isn't going anywhere and he was the number #2 or 3 forward at GWS.

I don't, but its better than the compo pick. Meh, they can keep the steak knife that's been bandied. I still wouldn't care if AFC held out for more and it caused PD to go into the draft. I was with Chocco way back when, so I'd sacrifice pick 14 for the sake of overall club culture.

We will have to see what happens. It could involve a whole host of draft pick swaps down the line that improves our standing. I guess the one thing that we need to be wary of is whether the picks Geelong are offering us get us our trade targets.

How does Gorringe get involved in Danger trade ? .....we didn't want him last year .....he's hardly played, even after Eade had faith in him early in the season ......he'll be delisted

Gorringe is one step below steak knives .....talk of his involvement in any trade is ludicrous

Danger deal nearly done
Patrick Dangerfield could move to Geelong via a trade early in the exchange period after Adelaide and the Cats advanced talks on the star midfielder.

The Adelaide Advertiser reported Gold Coast players Zac Smith and Daniel Gorringe could be involved in an extensive deal that involves other clubs to get Dangerfield to his preferred home.

Anderson hinted at going to West Coast .......FFS Jetta, Redden, and Anderson to West Coast :rolleyes: ......that ain't going to happen

Does Anderson get more opportunities at West Coast or Adelaide .....just take 10 seconds to think about that .....why didn't the journalist spend that 10 seconds :rolleyes:

Cant agree with this more. I think most Crows fans have accepted the fact we will receive unders. It's the line of thought that we'll happily accept ridiculously poor compensation in return that irks us. Like I said in my previous post, I think both clubs are rationale enough and will work together to bring this to an amicable conclusion.

Glad we're dealing with Geelong and not Essendon that's for sure!
not sure Essendon are dealing anymore....oh wait you meant something else...! ;)

Either go to Club X or don't play, choice is yours.

More and more players at even younger ages are demanding that the club that drafted them move them on to a club/location of their choice. Speaks volumes of the younger generation coming through and why although your comment should be gospel, it's now just considered old fashion thinking. I'm not a fan of where everything is heading.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back