Oppo Camp Dangerfield's Gone (Zero tolerance to trolling) - READ THREAD LINKED IN OP BEFORE POSTING

Remove this Banner Ad

When the time comes and Patrick is sitting at a press conference in a blue and white polo with Steve Hocking and co., I will then gladly speculate as to why Geelong supporter's expectations of how the player exchange process was the way it was.
Will that give you some time to concoct a nice story eh! We had this bloke at our club who said he would tell all when the time came too, let me tell you that bloke turned out a real fool, even went to Carltank:p

I was wavering a bit, but I feel that the result must be at least 2 first round picks (this year and/or next). I hope our recruiting team are wavering and thinking the same way.

SC

Serious question

Why did so many of your supporters actually believe that they would get Paddy for free other than cap space?

My theory besides some of them missing a few brain cells was the precedents of no one previously matching, the vic media propaganda and the lack of talk coming from the AFC. All of which lead them to believe it was a walk up start. Oh not to mention the stupid beliefs Geelong would come out with this stupendous deal that would blow the crows out of the water. Was it Malhepi that said the players had signed off on taking a pay cut as well to blow the crows out of the water at RFA? I think that individual needs to apologize to their board or get kicked out.

Will that give you some time to concoct a nice story eh! We had this bloke at our club who said he would tell all when the time came too, let me tell you that bloke turned out a real fool, even went to Carltank:p
Nope. I just think that once the Free Agency/trade period is over and Danger is officially a Cat, the time will then be right to unpack what supporters from both sides of the fence have had to share re their expectations of how it would go down. Right now, nothing has actually hapenned, hence I don't feel that it's appropriate to comment on why Geelong supporters "did" (past tense being pertinent here) think certain key things would or wouldn't happen.

Either go to Club X or don't play, choice is yours.

069118-club-x.jpg

Nope. I just think that once the Free Agency/trade period is over and Danger is officially a Cat, the time will then be right to unpack what supporters from both sides of the fence have had to share re their expectations of how it would go down. Right now, nothing has actually hapenned, hence I don't feel that it's appropriate to comment on why Geelong supporters "did" (past tense being pertinent here) think certain key things would or wouldn't happen.
I think it's entirely appropriate to call out Cats fans who told us it would be the compensation pick, just accept it. Because it's clear that's not happening.

You could seriously be a politician with talk like that.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

LOL the Geelong board, it's the "unwritten intent" part of RFA that we don't get which makes all our trade logic ridiculous. It's "the vibe" folks !
"You say Adelaide are perfectly within their rights to match a free agency deal and are following the rules agreed by the AFL, the clubs and the players' association, and yet you claim Adelaide shouldn't be allowed to match. What is your case in law?"

the vibe.JPG

I think it's entirely appropriate to call out Cats fans who told us it would be the compensation pick, just accept it. Because it's clear that's not happening.
For sure. If that's what happens. Some Geelong supporters have outright stated that Adelaide just would not match. Some, like myself, have said that there's "a real possibility" that Adelaide won't match and highlighted the reasons for why Adelaide may not match. Claiming that Adelaide outright wouldn't match is obviously incorrect, even if that's what happens, as I believe Adelaide harbour genuine intentions of doing so.

It's important to remember that both sets of supporters have made equally outrageous claims over the journey. Those of whom have made arguably outrageous claims of why Patrick wasn't leaving in the first place should reflect upon some of the ridiculous things that they too have claimed. My only suggestion is that it be left only to he who is without sin to cast the first stone when contemplating calling out Geelong supporters.

For sure. If that's what happens. Some Geelong supporters have outright stated that Adelaide just would not match. Some, like myself, have said that there's "a real possibility" that Adelaide won't match and highlighted the reasons for why Adelaide may not match. Claiming that Adelaide outright wouldn't match is obviously incorrect, even if that's what happens, as I believe Adelaide harbour genuine intentions of doing so.

It's important to remember that both sets of supporters have made equally outrageous claims over the journey. Those of whom have made arguably outrageous claims of why Patrick wasn't leaving in the first place should reflect upon some of the ridiculous things that they too have claimed. My only suggestion is that it be left only to he who is without sin to cast the first stone when contemplating calling out Geelong supporters.

You have been annoyingly rational here Strangled Cat;)

As you say both sides have supporters who got this wrong, further tit for tat is not going to change the result, whatever it is. Nor will endless justification of why everyone said what they did just to prove how they were actually right all along.

Looks like Geelong are going to get Danger for less than what they'd want for him if he was their player leaving. That's the way it goes

Hopefully the deal means both clubs feel they have some good personnel that improve their list overall and we can get back to looking forward to next year

I haven't been around for a couple and day and am wondering if a rumour I heard was true ? Apparently Geelong aren't even bothering to go with the RFA route now and it's just going to happen via trade ?

Will be an interesting turn of events if that were to happen.

Apparently they haven't lodged the RFA paperwork which suggests they know that Adelaide would match the offer if they did and a trade is being worked out behind the scenes as we speak

Sensible outcome all round for mine

I haven't been around for a couple and day and am wondering if a rumour I heard was true ? Apparently Geelong aren't even bothering to go with the RFA route now and it's just going to happen via trade ?

Will be an interesting turn of events if that were to happen.

That seems to be the talk, this year's first, next year's second and maybe a player.

Because as the party scorned by Dangerfield's decision, we're the ones that should feel bad about acting in a way that resembled hope. Got it.

Hasnt happened yet. There were people calling out Geelong fans for claiming Dangerfield would leave only a month ago.

You are right to suggest waiting until the deal is done. I feel plenty of attention seekers with 'sources' mostly from posters starting with M for example will be made to look rather silly.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back