Oppo Camp Dangerfield's Gone (Zero tolerance to trolling) - READ THREAD LINKED IN OP BEFORE POSTING

Remove this Banner Ad

I thought the talk was that it wasn't going to even be a Free Agency deal now?

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/geelon...angerfield-deal-20151009-gk5c87#ixzz3o36kRXvp

Geelong and Adelaide are advanced in talks that would see Patrick Dangerfield join Geelong via a trade in which the Cats would give up first- and second-round draft picks.

Crucially, Dangerfield is expected to bypass his rights as a free agent and cross to the Cats via a trade, which would likely mean Geelong giving up pick nine this year and a second rounder, but it is yet to be confirmed if the proposed deal would involve a player.​

If it just becomes a trade it takes away the need for offers and matching and all of that and just gets done on Monday.

Would explain why nothing happened today ...

Not sure Danger bypassed his rights. If it wasn't plainly obvious that we would match, I'm sure that this would have gone via the FA route. If Geelong had resigned themselves to trading a while ago, we wouldn't have had every drongo Vic-centric commentator decrying our stomping of Patty's inalienable FA rights. They're twisting the reality to suit their prior stance on the matter, which was that clubs don't match because in the 3 years of FA operation, it was yet to happen. They were wrong, but it won't be admitted.

Anderson hinted at going to West Coast .......FFS Jetta, Redden, and Anderson to West Coast :rolleyes: ......that ain't going to happen

Does Anderson get more opportunities at West Coast or Adelaide .....just take 10 seconds to think about that .....why didn't the journalist spend that 10 seconds :rolleyes:

I can't see Anderson moving to WA

He has battled some home sickness living in the Eastern states, moving to WA could make him feel isolated

Spend 1 hour on their board! ;)

It's hard though. I went to the neutral version last night and had half a dozen posts in a row correcting imbecilic statements. It's hard to just read it and not respond. It's like trying to ignore someone else's 6 year old taking to your car with a hammer.

Looks like they were right.....we won't match

Technicality

Geelong boars were saying that we would not match and they would get a FREE swing

We said we would match and force a trade

The AFC has forced a trade without needing to match

The matching vs nit matching has become a moot point, the main factor is we have forced a trade

How would we feel about trading Danger and our second pick next year for Geelong's 1st picks in '15 and '16?
No, straight 2 x 1st rounders.

Technicality

Geelong boars were saying that we would not match and they would get a FREE swing

We said we would match and force a trade

The AFC has forced a trade without needing to match

The matching vs nit matching has become a moot point, the main factor is we have forced a trade
Never in doubt ;)

Hey Mahlepi.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I made that joke in the Geelong thread and got a final warning for being off topic ... I reckon it was on topic if you squint your eyes.

I've respected Geelong as a club and especially the way they handled the match after Phil's death ... but their supporters are a rung above the PAPs.

Same level of dipshittery, not so much chip on the shoulder bitterness.

You have avoided my question, I never Sao anything about matching and we may not have to.match to get a trade done.....
When the time comes and Patrick is sitting at a press conference in a blue and white polo with Steve Hocking and co., I will then gladly speculate as to why Geelong supporter's expectations of how the player exchange process was the way it was.

When the time comes and Patrick is sitting at a press conference in a blue and white polo with Steve Hocking and co., I will then gladly speculate as to why Geelong supporter's expectations of how the player exchange process was the way it was.
Absolutely refusing to answer a direct question from TSL ........so far you're batting Zero . Zero

You're blinded by club loyalty rather than logic of the situation

Remove this Banner Ad

Back