Oppo Camp Dangerfield's Gone (Zero tolerance to trolling) - READ THREAD LINKED IN OP BEFORE POSTING

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm sorry? Has Adelaide already matched? Funny, I didn't know that Geelong had already lodged an official offer to Dangerfield.
I thought the talk was that it wasn't going to even be a Free Agency deal now?

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/geelon...angerfield-deal-20151009-gk5c87#ixzz3o36kRXvp

Geelong and Adelaide are advanced in talks that would see Patrick Dangerfield join Geelong via a trade in which the Cats would give up first- and second-round draft picks.

Crucially, Dangerfield is expected to bypass his rights as a free agent and cross to the Cats via a trade, which would likely mean Geelong giving up pick nine this year and a second rounder, but it is yet to be confirmed if the proposed deal would involve a player.​

If it just becomes a trade it takes away the need for offers and matching and all of that and just gets done on Monday.

Would explain why nothing happened today ...

Probably not.
th

I thought the talk was that it wasn't going to even be a Free Agency deal now?

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/geelon...angerfield-deal-20151009-gk5c87#ixzz3o36kRXvp

Geelong and Adelaide are advanced in talks that would see Patrick Dangerfield join Geelong via a trade in which the Cats would give up first- and second-round draft picks.

Crucially, Dangerfield is expected to bypass his rights as a free agent and cross to the Cats via a trade, which would likely mean Geelong giving up pick nine this year and a second rounder, but it is yet to be confirmed if the proposed deal would involve a player.​

If it just becomes a trade it takes away the need for offers and matching and all of that and just gets done on Monday.

Would explain why nothing happened today ...

Correct

We cant match if Geelong don't table an offer

Collingwood got Pick 5, pick 25 and a superb youngster or beams and that was still deemed unders considering he requested a trade.

We are willing to accept Pick 9 (in a crap draft) and some player who couldn't make their beet 22 for Dangerfield.

I understand Dangerfield is out of contract but it's a trade not compensation. Freo are prepared to give 2 first round picks for ******* Cameron Mcarthy. This is the third best player in the comp, a year ago teams would be giving a first and second round pick for Bryce Gibbs.

If we don't get better than a first and a second I refuse to be associated with the AFC (for a month or so :rolleyes:), but jokes aside if we dare accept a first round pick + GHS I will never forgive this club.

Collingwood got Pick 5, pick 25 and a superb youngster or beams and that was still deemed unders considering he requested a trade.

We are willing to accept Pick 9 (in a crap draft) and some player who couldn't make their beet 22 for Dangerfield.

I understand Dangerfield is out of contract but it's a trade not compensation. Freo are prepared to give 2 first round picks for ******* Cameron Mcarthy. This is the third best player in the comp, a year ago teams would be giving a first and second round pick for Bryce Gibbs.

If we don't get better than a first and a second I refuse to be associated with the AFC (for a month or so :rolleyes:), but jokes aside if we dare accept a first round pick + GHS I will never forgive this club.

This is a big point .....that said McCarthy deal will get GWS bigger trade value because he's contracted ......Danger's not contracted , that's the difference

That said, no difference Treloar and Danger

I agree. I'd be demanding 1st Rounder 2015, 1st Rounder 2016 and a 2nd Rounder in either year.
I believe the info that the media are getting is from the Geelong side, so it's what they hope to give up in the trade... I hope the AFC has more guts ask for more than that!
Long way to go yet I feel.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I believe the info that the media are getting is from the Geelong side, so it's what they hope to give up in the trade... I hope the AFC has more guts ask for more than that!
Long way to go yet I feel.
Geelong are tight too .....this is media speculation .....at least it's progressed from last weeks " AFC won't match Geelongs offer"

A week is a longtime in footy .....if we have picks, there could be players pushed out the back end towards the end of the draft (bargains)

Not good for AFC players looking for a contract

We'll know things are getting closer when Reid or Fagan say something of note to a media outlet. And even then it's unlikely they'll say anything.

Be interesting to see if either of them do actually use the media at any stage to position the club. Geelong/Connors certainly don't have a problem speaking out at the moment.

We'll know things are getting closer when Reid or Fagan say something of note to a media outlet. And even then it's unlikely they'll say anything.

Be interesting to see if either of them do actually use the media at any stage to position the club. Geelong/Connors certainly don't have a problem speaking out at the moment.
Not our style .....which i support, and keeps opposition clubs guessing

Geelong are tight too .....this is media speculation .....at least it's progressed from last weeks " AFC won't match Geelongs offer"

A week is a longtime in footy .....if we have picks, there could be players pushed out the back end towards the end of the draft (bargains)

Not good for AFC players looking for a contract
The team involve in the trading might be tight, but the board leak like a Kim Kardashian's secret private sex tape collection.... :p

Not our style .....which i support, and keeps opposition clubs guessing

Totally agree. Will just be interesting to see if they do. This is a massive period for our club. If it does look like Cats will try for unders, and publicly state it, we may see Fagan publicly hint that we aren't prepared to let that happen.

Totally agree. Will just be interesting to see if they do. This is a massive period for our club. If it does look like Cats will try for unders, and publicly state it, we may see Fagan publicly hint that we aren't prepared to let that happen.
IIRC Geelong hasn't made any statement ....other than they'd prefer Crows take the compo pick

Certainly no campaign by media

Both clubs are very professional and keep things inhouse

West Coast just announced on Twitter their not matching Geelong's offer for Scott Selwood according to the Geelong board so unsurprisingly the WCE thought compo is the better option.:fire:

West Coast just announced on Twitter their not matching Geelong's offer for Scott Selwood according to the Geelong board so unsurprisingly the WCE thought compo is the better option.:fire:
Which is good, gives Geelong more picks to work with

Remove this Banner Ad

Back