Oppo Camp Dangerfield's Gone (Zero tolerance to trolling) - READ THREAD LINKED IN OP BEFORE POSTING

Remove this Banner Ad

Always made sense for the Crows to match/trade. That being said I think pick 9 and ghs/Murdoch or even with a 2nd rounder is a great deal for the Cats. Would be good for all to utilise the compensation pick as well if possible.

I think both clubs have acted with class this year and will continue to do so.

Congrats on a great year (winning a final) amidst so much adversity.

I would take pick 9 and a second rounder that we can turn into Jed Anderson. Not many players on your list that we can get in the trade (you guys will offer up) excite me.

Talk of two first rounders is chest beating and Playstation trade stuff. It aint gonna happen.

I seem to be mis-reading your position - sorry - can you just explain to me how your quote below is not the opposite to what you are claiming?

"We won't. We will keep our picks. You guys won't have the balls too match, even if you have the cash. You'll let Danger walk to the cattery and you'll accept your COMPENSATION and move on."

That quote looks pretty emphatic to me. Obviously someone wasn't aware that we do have balls in Adelaide.

673054-mall-balls.jpg

I said that if Dangerfield went into the PSD we would get him for nothing. Which is why Geelong were a "real possibility" to get him for nothing, as Adelaide wouldn't match in that case, knowing they too would receive nothing in return for Danger. There's a slight difference.
I seem to be mis-reading your position - sorry - can you just explain to me how your quote below is not the opposite to what you are claiming?

"We won't. We will keep our picks. You guys won't have the balls too match, even if you have the cash. You'll let Danger walk to the cattery and you'll accept your COMPENSATION and move on."

96842.jpg

I would take pick 9 and a second rounder that we can turn into Jed Anderson. Not many players on your list that we can get in the trade (you guys will offer up) excite me.

Talk of two first rounders is chest beating and Playstation trade stuff. It aint gonna happen.
No, it's not. 2 first round picks is more than reasonable for a top 10 AFL player in his prime. It may not happen, agreed, but it's far from chest beating.

No, it's not. 2 first round picks is more than reasonable for a top 10 AFL player in his prime. It may not happen, agreed, but it's far from chest beating.

I strongly believe 2 first round picks are realistic.

Geelong will want to get out of this as cheap as possible, why wouldn't they and I can not see any reason they will want to volunteer trading 2 first round picks unless they have to.

I'm really glad some people who post on this board arte not running our negotiations.

We would end up with Jed Adcock for Patrick Dangerfield and pick 13 the way some people give in.

Geelong want Zac Smith, Henderson and Dangerfield. We must pickyback in on one extra trade to gain that second first round pick.

Some quotes from SC ...

"if you match, you deserve NOTHING and I hope PD and PC and the GFC shaft you."

"If we want to be a ruthless organisation, if Paddy wants to be ruthless towards assisting Geelong build for future premiership success while he's playing there, then refuse to trade. Let them match, tell them "sucked in, now you get diddly squat for your best player" and let him go to the PSD."​

Also this one about the shared points from the game during the season ...

"The same club I might add, which so graciously and selflessly accepted the two points to forfeit the match after the Phil Walsh trajedy. It's a big slap in the face, really."​
When viewed within the context of when it was said, it in no way implies that my unwavering stance has been that Adelaide would not match.

At least he hasn't gone flogging off over on the Port board (like others have), I'll give him some credit for that.
I think he got caught up in some misinformation from a couple of Big Footys all time biggest flogs. At least hes here trying to talk sense now. On the whole Ive found CS to be relatively balanced.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm assuming you are joking - no-one could type what you typed with a straight face.

It's getting Clintonesque in here ...

narcissistic-loony-toon-02.jpg
If I genuinely thought that Adelaide were zero chance to match, I would have maintained that dialogue from the outset. As it hapenned - that post was made in the Geelong forum, directly to you, and at a time when a lot of things were being hurled by both sides of the fence.

I said it, I don't shy away from anything I ever say, but if you choose to only take one post that anyone says and ignore the context, you can pretty much paint a picture of anything. Giving zero latitude to the fact that everything else I've said in here has been of a serious nature, has been consistent throughout and hasn't once deviated from the outset, suggests that you're as equally up to the task of tongue-in-cheek trolling in your own forum as I was to you in mine.

I think he got caught up in some misinformation from a couple of Big Footys all time biggest flogs. At least hes here trying to talk sense now. On the whole Ive found CS to be relatively balanced.

It is at the very least clear that he has a few brain cells firing in unison, unlike a lot of the visitors we've had.

If I genuinely thought that Adelaide were zero chance to match, I would have maintained that dialogue from the outset. As it hapenned - that post was made in the Geelong forum, directly to you, and at a time when a lot of things were being hurled by both sides of the fence.

I said it, I don't shy away from anything I ever say, but if you choose to only take one post that anyone says and ignore the context, you can pretty much paint a picture of anything. Giving zero latitude to the fact that everything else I've said in here has been of a serious nature, has been consistent throughout and hasn't once deviated from the outset, suggests that you're as equally up to the task of tongue-in-cheek trolling in your own forum as I was to you in mine.
I actually took more than one post - I showed three a few pages back. Look SC, I don't really care what you think about all this, but don't come on here with your two-faced mask on pretending to be all even-handed. We all have the search function, let's move on. Feel free to continue this line in the Geelong thread, where you can be more ... "yourself".

See what you think of this deal for Dangerfield (personally I think Dangerfield is worth 2 first round picks but its pretty obvious that Geelong aren't going down that path.
But this gets close to satisfying everyone. It's similar to the King deal

1. Crows accept Pick 16 compensation.
2. Geelong trade pick 9 and 1st Round pick 2016 for pick 16 and Adelaide 2nd round pick 2016
3. Geelong use pick 16 for Henderson
4. Geelong trade 2nd Round pick 2016 to Gold Coast for Smith

Adelaide end up with pick 8 to use and pick 15 to trade for a player
Use their 2nd or 3rd Round for Hampton
2016 have 2 first Round picks but no 2nd Round

Geelong end up with Henderson, Dangerfield, Smith and probably Selwood and a 2nd Round choice in 2015 & 2016 and if they think that they are heading up the ladder they might not be too worried.

I actually took more than one post - I showed three a few pages back. Look SC, I don't really care what you think about all this, but don't come on here with your two-faced mask on pretending to be all even-handed. We all have the search function, let's move on. Feel free to continue this line in the Geelong thread, where you can be more ... "yourself".
Look, pal. To me, being two-faced is going back to my own board to post disparaging commentd about the posters and/or club in question, whilst referring to them all in third person. As it stands I have never ONCE bagged anyone in here on the Geelong board, never ONCE bagged the AFC and only ever said comments which could be construed as contradictory when viewed out of context, directly to a member via quoting, or when I know that a certain member is part of any real-time dialogue. I picked you as one to be more rational than to look at things in a negative light, in the face of overwhelming evidence to the contrary. I guess I was wrong on this occasion.

On a lighter note, I guess if Geelong get Danger and the rest of the guys who want to be traded to Geelong, they're probably now a certainty to return to the finals.

On a lighter note, I guess if Geelong get Danger and the rest of the guys who want to be traded to Geelong, they're probably now a certainty to return to the finals.

You think? They lost a lot of players and Danger is still only one player.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back