Oppo Camp Dangerfield's Gone (Zero tolerance to trolling) - READ THREAD LINKED IN OP BEFORE POSTING

Remove this Banner Ad

See what you think of this deal for Dangerfield (personally I think Dangerfield is worth 2 first round picks but its pretty obvious that Geelong aren't going down that path.
But this gets close to satisfying everyone. It's similar to the King deal

1. Crows accept Pick 16 compensation.
2. Geelong trade pick 9 and 1st Round pick 2016 for pick 16 and Adelaide 2nd round pick 2016
3. Geelong use pick 16 for Henderson
4. Geelong trade 2nd Round pick 2016 to Gold Coast for Smith

Adelaide end up with pick 8 to use and pick 15 to trade for a player
Use their 2nd or 3rd Round for Hampton
2016 have 2 first Round picks but no 2nd Round

Geelong end up with Henderson, Dangerfield, Smith and probably Selwood and a 2nd Round choice in 2015 & 2016 and if they think that they are heading up the ladder they might not be too worried.
I just see that whole 'take the compensation pick then get a lopsided trade with geelong' thing as a fast track to draft tampering/manipulation/something that will get us (and only us) in trouble with the AFL.

It isnt within the spirit of the free agency compensation and I dont like it. will be disappointed if the club go down that road.

So according to my Instagram feed Eddieeee is now following Tom Hawkins.. Brownlow night Tex posted a photo with the big tomahawk..Pick 9 and Hawkins for Danger? :D:p:D:D

I would love to see Geelong's midfield kicking to no-one.

I'd like to see a detailed history of the last decade of trades involving uncontracted players, just to see what has been the norm in these type of deals. Short of googling every deal, it's too hard to determine contract status of all the deals done though.

But, as an example, going by the Cats board, Christensen went for massive unders last year at pick 21, but they made that trade out of the goodness of their hearts, getting the player to his desired club. That pick, under the new FS bidding system is worth 878 points. Being generous, he was perhaps worth pick 8, which is what some fans wanted in return to send him to Gold Coast. Pick 8 is worth 1551 points. So the Cats let him go for 57% of his real worth.

Last year Melbourne offered picks 2 and 3 for Danger - worth a combined 4751 points. Giving Geelong their own Christensen discount, 57% of this total is 2708 points. Now two mid, first round picks (say two pick 9s) are worth a combined 2938 points. Perhaps if Adelaide threw in their third round pick (worth 273 points) this could get the job done. I can't see why any Geelong fans would complain given its the equivalent discount they so generously afforded Brisbane for Christensen last year.

I'd like to see a detailed history of the last decade of trades involving uncontracted players, just to see what has been the norm in these type of deals. Short of googling every deal, it's too hard to determine contract status of all the deals done though.

But, as an example, going by the Cats board, Christensen went for massive unders last year at pick 21, but they made that trade out of the goodness of their hearts, getting the player to his desired club. That pick, under the new FS bidding system is worth 878 points. Being generous, he was perhaps worth pick 8, which is what some fans wanted in return to send him to Gold Coast. Pick 8 is worth 1551 points. So the Cats let him go for 57% of his real worth.

Last year Melbourne offered picks 2 and 3 for Danger - worth a combined 4751 points. Giving Geelong their own Christensen discount, 57% of this total is 2708 points. Now two mid, first round picks (say two pick 9s) are worth a combined 2938 points. Perhaps if Adelaide threw in their third round pick (worth 273 points) this could get the job done. I can't see why any Geelong fans would complain given its the equivalent discount they so generously afforded Brisbane for Christensen last year.
He didn't go for massive unders, it was a little "unders" only, and given the circumstances involved they had to move him on for player unity.

He didn't go for massive unders, it was a little "unders" only, and given the circumstances involved they had to move him on for player unity.
I absolutely agree. I was just trying to highlight that perhaps Geelong fans should view any trade where they get Dangerfield for two mid first round picks as actually being an incredibly good deal.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Had to share this. Was looking at the Geelong board and they were talking about possible player options from our list to execute the trade. One was concerned about CEY, but as another said not to worry because Geelong are a lot better at developing players than us. I had a good chuckle.

When viewed within the context of when it was said, it in no way implies that my unwavering stance has been that Adelaide would not match.

Ok SC I've just about reached the limit of my patience

No more circle work please

Feel free to post any new insights in the Dangerfield to Geelong transaction however no more going over old ground and or debating technicalities

Last edited:
Had to share this. Was looking at the Geelong board and they were talking about possible player options from our list to execute the trade. One was concerned about CEY, but as another said not to worry because Geelong are a lot better at developing players than us. I had a good chuckle.

They won 3 flags in 5 years. I'd suggest they're pretty reasonable at it.

Ok SC I've just about reached the limit of my patience

No more circle work please

Feel free to post any new insights in the Dangerfield to Geelong transaction however no more going over old ground and or debating technicalities
tumblr_mvnwki0c3d1qajc4eo1_r1_500.gif

Was that the ridiculous trade proposal where we don't match and essentially hand them Dangerfield via RFA and trade pick 14 (which they will use for Henderson) for pick 9 ? :D

Here is the chance of that happening

I wonder how many emails have been sent to the club from fans wanting him sent to the draft if the deal isn't good enough. Noble and co. should be forwarding them all straight to Wells and co.

Of course a deal will be worked out in the end but to get value from an uncontracted player we need the possibility hanging over Geelong's head like the sword of damocles. Anything less than two first rounders (or a player equivalent) really is just not good enough.

See what you think of this deal for Dangerfield (personally I think Dangerfield is worth 2 first round picks but its pretty obvious that Geelong aren't going down that path.
But this gets close to satisfying everyone. It's similar to the King deal

1. Crows accept Pick 16 compensation.
2. Geelong trade pick 9 and 1st Round pick 2016 for pick 16 and Adelaide 2nd round pick 2016
3. Geelong use pick 16 for Henderson
4. Geelong trade 2nd Round pick 2016 to Gold Coast for Smith

Adelaide end up with pick 8 to use and pick 15 to trade for a player
Use their 2nd or 3rd Round for Hampton
2016 have 2 first Round picks but no 2nd Round

Geelong end up with Henderson, Dangerfield, Smith and probably Selwood and a 2nd Round choice in 2015 & 2016 and if they think that they are heading up the ladder they might not be too worried.

Can Geelong give us 1st round pick in 2016 and then give their 2nd round 2016 to another club. I was of the understanding that clubs could only trade away one future pick

Remove this Banner Ad

Back