Mega Thread Delist/Trade/Draft Supermegaultrathread - It's Never Too Soon edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unless we're getting picks back from them I wouldnt be offering our first and second for Rich, especially after a year out with an ACL.
The fact he is coming off an acl makes it possible I think. First two picks are overs possibly but it needs to be enticing to Brisbane as he is a contracted player.

The fact he is coming off an acl makes it possible I think. First two picks are overs possibly but it needs to be enticing to Brisbane as he is a contracted player.
I still think he would need to request a trade and nominate us as his preferred club. First two picks are definitely overs. I would offer our second + McInness and some steak knives.

I'd still be surprised if Brisbane entertained trades like this after "the exodus", unless the offer was massive overs & they made the running/had the whip hand

I think Leigh Matthews had some strong words to say during the year about those who "went home" so I can't see them wanting to look anything other than ruthless going forward

Brisbane just lost 5 uncontracted players for massive unders , they are not going to let a contracted required player like rich leave without it being a trade massively in there favour . As much as I love the kick on rich the problem is he is tagged out of the game more easily than gaff .

Edit - What clayB said

Brisbane installed Mcstay at last years draft. They now have an impenetrable wall where their players wont leave. Rich is mcstaying you could say.
Why else would they have drafted Daniel Mcstay the same year everyone Mcleft?

Reading this post made me drunk.

Interesting rumour RE: Rich but I think that is all it will eventuate to. I hope it doesn't and that a deal is done because I'd love to have him at the club but like most people have said he wouldn't come easily even if he is coming off an ACL, would take a player and pick deal I'm sure.

As for delisting/ retiring of players at the end of the year now that we possibly have only 2 weeks to go I'm going with following.

RETIRED

Dean Cox
Darren Glass

DE LISTED

Jacob Brennan
Ashley Smith

QUESTION MARK

Murray Newman - Personal reasons
Beau Waters - Unsure where his at. Back training again but can his body hold up?
Josh Hill - Personal opinion I'd love to see the back of him but it's more a opinion among fans than an opinion held by the club i think.

Callum Sinclair** - I'm surprised he signed up already earlier in the year for 2 more years. He must be loving life in WA and loving his footy with the Royals because no doubt offers would have come, we can't be oblivious to that, and I'm surprised he didn't hold off negotiations and want more opportunities elsewhere.
Simon Tunbridge** - Hasn't done near enough with us yet and we are yet to see what GWS liked in him really. Needs to get more of chance to play as a big bodied midfielder.
Will Schofield** - Not sure where he fits in anymore with EMac, Brown and Gov as the taller backs (depth tall defender) and JD, JK and Lycett as the taller forwards. Would rather persist with Gov as a defender/ swingman than continue with Schofield as that third tall back. Only chance left with Schofield IMO is as a taller wingman using his speed and want to take the game on to advantage. Issue as well in that he is contracted for 2 more seasons

I think we will field offers for Sinclair. We have a couple of talls who could pinch hit so we could draft a rookie ruck prospect as well.

I think we will field offers for Sinclair. We have a couple of talls who could pinch hit so we could draft a rookie ruck prospect as well.
If we pick up someone like Jack Cripps/Darcy Cameron in the draft then that would be ok, we need to have 4 rucks on the list.

With everyone thinking we are getting a top 15 player in waterman for hopefully our third pick, throw our first two picks at Brisbane and offer rich a juicy 5 year deal

Why would anybody think this?

Our first pick will be in the range of 8-12, so our 3rd pick will be 44-48.

If Waterman is rated as a top 15 pick then another club will bid a top 15 pick for him. If that pick is before 8-12 then we have the option to take him at 8-12. If the pick is after 8-12 then we have the option to take him with our next pick which will be 26-30.

Realstically the only way we'll get him with our 3rd pick is if no club bids a top 30 pick - which to me suggests he's not really a top 15 prospect.

Brisbane installed Mcstay at last years draft. They now have an impenetrable wall where their players wont leave. Rich is mcstaying you could say.
Why else would they have drafted Daniel Mcstay the same year everyone Mcleft?
If Rich honestly wants out and wanted to join us, i couldn't give a McF**k about Brisbane...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'll say it again we need to consider Mitch Mcgovern for rookie spot, purely for what we did with his brother. Mitch is taller and faster, why not see what we can do?

Why would anybody think this?

Our first pick will be in the range of 8-12, so our 3rd pick will be 44-48.

If Waterman is rated as a top 15 pick then another club will bid a top 15 pick for him. If that pick is before 8-12 then we have the option to take him at 8-12. If the pick is after 8-12 then we have the option to take him with our next pick which will be 26-30.

Realstically the only way we'll get him with our 3rd pick is if no club bids a top 30 pick - which to me suggests he's not really a top 15 prospect.

Never mind I can't be bothered explaining

No.

We need to have 4 rucks in the side. Always. Forever.

Only 4?

If one does a hammy and one gets hurt we'd only have 2 left in the 22.

That's only twice as many as most other sides which seriously mitigates our advantage. So 4 is a risk. 5 is optimal IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lol, reading some of these rumours about Rich are funny. There is a 0% chance we would entertain a trade giving away Rich, just like last year when Melbourne was trying to pry Rockliff away for pick 2. Let alone the fact that he is contracted to the end of 2016. Even if we were willing to trade him (which we wouldnt), it would cost something exceptional, in the line of a Schofield/McKenzie coming over, not a couple of fringe talls as some are suggesting.
I suggest you read some of his comments in this article. Cheers.
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...xt-three-seasons/story-fni5f4q3-1226671095432

Lol, reading some of these rumours about Rich are funny. There is a 0% chance he would go away from Brisbane. Let alone the fact that he is contracted to the end of 2016. Even if we were willing to trade him (which we wouldnt), it would cost something exceptional, in the line of a Schofield/McKenzie coming over, not a couple of fringe talls as some are suggesting.
I suggest you read some of his comments in this article. Cheers.
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...xt-three-seasons/story-fni5f4q3-1226671095432

Schofield and our second pick for Rich (if you were willing to trade him and was not contracted)?... Consider it DONE

Unless we're getting picks back from them I wouldnt be offering our first and second for Rich, especially after a year out with an ACL.
I would like this to be true rich is awesome if it was to happen i think we would have to offer mcin and schofield and a change of picks for it to happen. Brisbane need talls but have a good young mid group slowly growing they would take it. To be honest i don't think rich is leaving the bears are growing a strong team did well last year at recruiting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back