Division 1 2024 thread

Remove this Banner Ad

no boys im still getting down there when I can. a change was need down there. I've stepped back and yes trying to have a hit at dandenong baseball club with my son. regretting it terribly but committed. games finished by 2 so we make our way to most games after that. upper has been tough watching but they had 9 under 19's in the 1's last game. Its all about the future this year I think.

Did you catch up with Lowey, GMac?

No,UFTG had little support and really feel sorry for them.They as a club have had a s**t week with I heard their hot water system broken down and flooded the place.Good to see all their players in our rooms last night despite the defeats.Even better all those EFNL umpires having their own function in our viewing area room while we were below.As for Lowey I would not recognise him any way even if there.

Last edited:
No unfortunately I was umpiring a Dandenong baseball association B1 game instead of going to Mitcham. The club just keeps taking kicks. The evap cooling system broke and water Was pouring into the rooms for about a week during lockdown a couple weeks ago. Now council seems to be unable to give us any info as to what is happening. Usual bureaucracy at play. We’ll see how we go this week against Lilydale at kings. Can’t get into the social rooms so I’m hoping we’ll get a heap of the locals come out and support the boys during the game. Just one of those seasons I guess....

Sorry meant from a Lilydale supporter point of view

We played a great game against Montrose last week but what we served up yesterday was woeful

Deserve to be in Div 2 next year

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wonder if the kockdoens continue and the season goes from bad to worse will they have promotion relegation again? what's to stopped a team currently in relegation zone to have a run of wins and avoid the drop? Same goes for promotion. how can you promote a side that might not play a final. its getting close tli a decision being made at league level.

Been quiet in this thread so here goes…we’re rooted! From top to bottom, the club is on its knees. No club rooms, no talent, nothing on the horizon…going to be a tough few seasons. It’s a real shame to see the fall happen so quickly…

Been quiet in this thread so here goes…we’re rooted! From top to bottom, the club is on its knees. No club rooms, no talent, nothing on the horizon…going to be a tough few seasons. It’s a real shame to see the fall happen so quickly…
Whats happened there? Cant really believe how bad they are going to be honest. In 2019 the 2s were really strong and the 1s were in finals contention. Has it just been the covid break?

Haven’t coped well with the covid break. A poor coaching appointment by outgoing committee, going into the pandemic set the club back, add a former assistant moving to another club and raiding the playing stocks, add another group heading down to play bush footy, some gaps in juniors coming through, you get what we have at upper. Pretty poor list, even for 2nd div, just struggling to get an competitive effort out of them. Probably only have 4 genuine 1st div players on the list. Disappointing to watch every week.

Haven’t coped well with the covid break. A poor coaching appointment by outgoing committee, going into the pandemic set the club back, add a former assistant moving to another club and raiding the playing stocks, add another group heading down to play bush footy, some gaps in juniors coming through, you get what we have at upper. Pretty poor list, even for 2nd div, just struggling to get an competitive effort out of them. Probably only have 4 genuine 1st div players on the list. Disappointing to watch every week.

Lowey fully understand where you are coming from and speaking to UFTG people last Saturday a absolute disgrace with the social rooms being flooded out 12 months ago and nothing done to repair or new rooms at this stage.On a positive note the MFC corporate box was booked out by the past players at UFTG last Saturday and they did come into our rooms after the game and also the UFTG players.These ex UFTG players organised a maxi cab to Walker Park and left the same way to one of your club functions.These guys are so important for your club,

East Ringwood look dominant here (half time)... Mooroolbark just seem unable to get any sort of flow and consistent possession going. If the ER forwards kicked straight they'd be a long way ahead!

By the by, is this a clash of the two worst jumpers in the EFL!? Mid 90s / early 2000s lightning-style designs. Time for an update for both clubs!!

That was probably the most one-sided grand final I’ve ever seen. The scoreboard didn’t fully reflect it. At no point whatsoever did Mooroolbark even look like getting within a millions miles of them. Obviously it’s not an accurate reflection of Mooroolbark after what they’ve shown this season. It felt like the entire game was played in ER’s forward line.

10 minute stroll to, and disappointing 15 minute stagger home, for myself. Hope next Saturday chucks up a far better spectacle.

On a side note would love to see Boronia get at least an AFL pre season game in the near future; the ground/facilities are superb. No idea how long Div 1 (will always be known as Div 1 to me) is contracted to be at Baysy (?) but reckon Boronia would be a better ground to have it at hands down.

Guessing you may have had a can or two at Boronia, after Friday Nights result. 😜

As a neutral that has been to many finals at both venues I think you are a bit of the mark. I much prefer Bayswater and believe their setup is superior to Boronia.

Parking is a real issue at Boronia. You don’t even have a multi level car park?
The outer side if wet becomes mud, etc could go on a bit. No pub across the road!!!

Nice Boronia have a grant for their rooms. When is this happening?

The powers to be clearly have not been to Kings Park (ever?) as on a balance that really should be the priority. Perhaps there is not enough votes in that area……

Last edited:
10 minute stroll to, and disappointing 15 minute stagger home, for myself. Hope next Saturday chucks up a far better spectacle.

On a side note would love to see Boronia get at least an AFL pre season game in the near future; the ground/facilities are superb. No idea how long Div 1 (will always be known as Div 1 to me) is contracted to be at Baysy (?) but reckon Boronia would be a better ground to have it at hands down.
I really like the wind tunnel they have built at Boronia.
I can only imagine the AFL are desperate to take an AFL pre-season game to the people of Boronia

I really like the wind tunnel they have built at Boronia.
I can only imagine the AFL are desperate to take an AFL pre-season game to the people of Boronia
Boronia hosted an Essendon v North Melbourne practice match at Tormore Reserve during the '90's. I recall that Michael Long kicked a sensational running goal in front of the rooms. A very good crowd in attendance.

That was probably the most one-sided grand final I’ve ever seen. The scoreboard didn’t fully reflect it. At no point whatsoever did Mooroolbark even look like getting within a millions miles of them. Obviously it’s not an accurate reflection of Mooroolbark after what they’ve shown this season. It felt like the entire game was played in ER’s forward line.

Tbf Sydney’s performance ranked alongside it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back