Division 1 2024 thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I bet he isn’t shouting too often G.
Enjoy mate.
Actually I am now home with my wife,a big day tomorrow with a 7AM start for the D2 grand final where we will hopefully show the EFNL world why we call Walker Park the MCG of the East.Biggest worry is will I be on my own at 7AM.Seriously a great day for the club and thoughts with South Belgrave or any side that goes through the season and a loss in the game that counts.If you are there tomorrow Smokey love to meet you.

Last edited:

And with myself the only Fitzroy supporters we knew which was strange considering Doncaster was Fitzroy's zone!! We got to wear our scarves to school a bit during the early 80's tbf without actually really celebrating anything of note

And provided with said nickname back in high school due to the radio version's nickname :)
It was after the country singer. It is a multi generational nickname, but it’s only stuck with me.
& there ends the history lesson.

Great to see Uppers 19s get into the GF and acquit themselves well in a game where they were significant outsiders.

And with myself the only Fitzroy supporters we knew which was strange considering Doncaster was Fitzroy's zone!! We got to wear our scarves to school a bit during the early 80's tbf without actually really celebrating anything of note
Hopefully we have something to celebrate this season. Searching for that old scarf.

I thought you knew Kevin Wright?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Being the voice of the G can I say how proud of what Mitcham Football Club has done on field yesterday and off field today.A big ask after yesterdays wonderful day at Boronia to back up again today.The tiger army of volunteers turned up and awesome to see the big crowd there and personally I think we played our part.Similar to Boronia yesterday as a host club a big thank you and awesome to see both host clubs have won on the week end.The next BIG step for Mitcham is to go back to back as we are determined get back in the top division but will not be easy.Thank you all for turning up but can I remind you all again perhaps some of you can now see why we call Walker Park the MCG of the East.

Last edited:
Interesting. South Belgrave get a stack of kids from Lysterfield, I assume they have a junior-senior relationship with them.

I remember back when Lysterfield was formed, they were basically an offshoot of Knox, who helped to set them up. I wonder what has happened because they’ve clearly jumped over to South Belgrave.

As for Mitcham, no idea where their players come from. But 37 points says there’s more than a few imports.

But went in as definite underdogs anyway and have pulled off a great win.
Mitcham has one of the biggest aus kick numbers in the EFNL ,junior sides in all grades and all those kids and parents on display at Walker Park as volunteers today.JUNIORS are the most important part of a senior football club.A really difficult one is U19,s the lesser playerswho give it away because they do not think they are good enough for reserves/seniors.We have a couple of our guys gone to Whitefriars but important we keep them in the game and not easy.

Being the voice of the G can I say how proud of what Mitcham Football Club has done on field yesterday and off field today.A big ask after yesterdays wonderful day at Boronia to back up again today.The tiger army of volunteers turned up and awesome to see the big crowd there and personally I think we played our part.Similar to Boronia yesterday as a host club a big thank you and awesome to see both host clubs have won on the week end.The next BIG step for Mitcham is to go back to back as we are determined get back in the top division but will not be easy.Thank you all for turning but can I remind you all again perhaps some of you can now see why we call Walker Park the MCG of the East.
Congrats to Mitcham FC - fantastic result yesterday, and amazing to turn up at Walker Park this morning and find it in that condition. Kudos to all involved!

South Belgrave social media announcing they’ve signed former StKilda/ Melbourne onballer Luke Dunstan as a playing assistant coach. Very good pick up.

He will be a massive inclusion. Are the Garners going around again?
It's extraordinary to think where they have came from....I don't think anybody ever expected them to be where they are in the EFNL.... they could end up a premier division club....good on them

It's extraordinary to think where they have came from....I don't think anybody ever expected them to be where they are in the EFNL.... they could end up a premier division club....good on them

Provided they have no major losses, you’d be staggered if they don’t win it. Lost one game by a kick (yes a pretty important one!) and more inclusions.

The coach is probably the only real unknown.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back