News Dons ASADA scandal (Latest: Pg 101 - CAS verdict. Guilty, 12 months.)

Remove this Banner Ad

MY Thoughts on Hirdy:

Oh my Lord! Seriously Dave, the time for writing the script is before you film and publish.

To those saying Essendon got off....it did not. The players did. The club was already found guilty of certain things and was issued with various penalties. The penalties were a joke, yes, but make no mistake, the club is guilty here.

What's more, the club's failure to keep records like any competent or honest organisation would, is the only reason the players were found not guilty today.

its over. ASADA/WADA wont appeal. too pissweak

My guess is that they will appeal.

WADA busted ASADA's balls over the Cronulla deal. ASADA will want to be seen to be doing something.

I said you could never trust a AFL funded tribunal. Sad day for football

I don't understand the hate for the AFL :confused:

The AFL commissioned 3 qualified, independent judges to hear the evidence and make a ruling. What more could the AFL have done?

If the case was so open and closed guilty as some folks seem to believe, then wouldn't it be ASADA's prosecution team who botched it?

Final thoughts, If the AFL did cover this up. It will come out. Might take 5,10 years but it will come out

Too many variables to keep silent. Then it will go nuclear

This is one reason why I think the AFL hasn't interfered. The consequences of getting busted for it are too great - and nobody would think it's worth their career.

This is one reason why I think the AFL hasn't interfered. The consequences of getting busted for it are too great - and nobody would think it's worth their career.

Hey - The AFL has Hidden a ton so why would this be any Different

Hey - The AFL has Hidden a ton so why would this be any Different

It was an independent commission.

What that means is that the commission was being run by people who would tell Gill / Andy to "F*** Off" if they tried to interfere.

It was an independent commission.

What that means is that the commission was being run by people who would tell Gill / Andy to "F*** Off" if they tried to interfere.

Who payed for the Commission?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think it's a pretty fair result , if there was real evidence there would of been resolution earlier . Atleast Anzac Day will be a good game now guys !

Ashamed of what? Of not being guilty? Of ASADAs incompetence? They have every right to celebrate as the club was found not guilty.

I'd be ashamed and disappointed knowing my club put the players in such a potentially club and career damaging situation. Fortunately things have worked out which is great for he players, but come on mate, don't for a second try and fool anyone that Essendon had things so under control through the supplement program that there was no potential for careers to be ruined or the club to be damaged much longer term than three years of media attention.

I'd be ashamed and disappointed knowing my club put the players in such a potentially club and career damaging situation. Fortunately things have worked out which is great for he players, but come on mate, don't for a second try and fool anyone that Essendon had things so under control through the supplement program that there was no potential for careers to be ruined or the club to be damaged much longer term than three years of media attention.

But the damage was caused by the media and us implying Essendon were guilty before they were found to be guilty. At this point, what did they do wrong? Supplements…we;; every club uses supplements. Until you have proof, they did nothing wrong.

My guess is that they will appeal.

WADA busted ASADA's balls over the Cronulla deal. ASADA will want to be seen to be doing something.

I don't understand the hate for the AFL :confused:

The AFL commissioned 3 qualified, independent judges to hear the evidence and make a ruling. What more could the AFL have done?

If the case was so open and closed guilty as some folks seem to believe, then wouldn't it be ASADA's prosecution team who botched it?
I don't think the prosecution botched the case, so much as their key witnesses couldn't be compelled to testify. Both Charter and Alavi refused to testify against Essendon despite providing significant evidence against them. Charter even went as far as briefing Essendon on his previous discussions with ASADA, as he had been working with them early on before suddenly abandoning them. There was a pretty strong rumour that he was paid by Little to stop co-operating with ASADA, which would explain the 180.

Does anyone know if witnesses can be compelled to provide evidence under oath in an appeal scenario? That would go a long way to determining whether ASADA will appeal or not.

This whole process was a joke as soon as u found out ASADA hadnt interviewed dank. From that moment i had no faith in any decision that came.

Beyond belief they didnt interview the man adminstrating the programme.

ASADA has come out of this look like they have no Meaning

ASADA has come out of this look like they have no Meaning

How do you split the blame for this debacle?

What percentage blame is ASADA?
What percentage blame is Essendon?
What percentage blame is AFL?

** Numbers must add up to 100% :)

But the damage was caused by the media and us implying Essendon were guilty before they were found to be guilty. At this point, what did they do wrong? Supplements…we;; every club uses supplements. Until you have proof, they did nothing wrong.

Ok champ, only my opinion. If you're happy with the way they systematically ran a supplements program using questionable substances they knew very little about, supplements that could potentially been PED's, or even worse, caused health problems long term to players and their children, then good on you. Not my idea of a well run club. Not accusing them of cheating, just wouldn't be happy with it at my club.

Well who ever was leading the Investigation.

Going Ahead with a Verdict without even talking to Dank and Charter. Is pretty Stupid and leaves a lot of Question Un-Answered

ASADA 20%
Essendon 70%
AFL 10%

Bombers created it then ducked & weaved, hid behind lawyers & non cooperation to dodge a bullet.
ASADA appears to be a toothless tiger if no actual postive drug tests are presented as evidence (took years to get Armstrong).
AFL had a vested interest to make this go away...they should have banned Hird for life.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back