News Dons ASADA scandal (Latest: Pg 101 - CAS verdict. Guilty, 12 months.)

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The ASADA case is looking a little bit shaky it seems as they now have to go to the Supreme Court to subpoena their own witnesses (key witnesses including Charters) to court to give evidence as they won't co-operate.

The problem being that a subpoena may get the witnesses there but the problem may be that they just won't talk and that they will effectively "plead the fifth" when giving evidence.

The ASADA case is looking a little bit shaky it seems as they now have to go to the Supreme Court to subpoena their own witnesses (key witnesses including Charters) to court to give evidence as they won't co-operate.

The problem being that a subpoena may get the witnesses there but the problem may be that they just won't talk and that they will effectively "plead the fifth" when giving evidence.

Well then, let's escalate this circus into a full blown royal commission and compel the witnesses to testify! :p

Those connected to Essenshit just keep getting better & better.
Essenwank -> Dank -> Charter -> Gatto

Stay classy scum *ers!!!:rolleyes::p

I find it really interesting how suddenly the ex-Essendon employees and what-not who said they would testify against Essendon are all of a sudden backing down. Wouldn't be surprised if money or job-contracts were changing hands. These are people that Essendon condemned, and who in return condemned Essendon, yet they're now working together.

I find it really interesting how suddenly the ex-Essendon employees and what-not who said they would testify against Essendon are all of a sudden backing down. Wouldn't be surprised if money or job-contracts were changing hands. These are people that Essendon condemned, and who in return condemned Essendon, yet they're now working together.
I'm not sure about anyone else but i think Charters is refusing to voluntarily come along and give evidence as he could incriminate himself.

I always understood that he was never a willing witness anyway so I would have thought he was always going to be forced to attend. That's the bit I don't understand in all this.

I'm not sure about anyone else but i think Charters is refusing to voluntarily come along and give evidence as he could incriminate himself.

I always understood that he was never a willing witness anyway so I would have thought he was always going to be forced to attend. That's the bit I don't understand in all this.

Was talking more along the lines of Dank and his 'amazing' evidence that would surely free any Essendon players from suspension.

Alavi and Charter already gave evidence to ASADA, if they were to be subpoenaed and gave a conflicting account of events in Court there would be a price to pay. Thats my understanding of it anyway.

WADA could also jump in the ring and chase the dons after asada, if they think essendon done wrong i'm sure.

Ever occur to anyone on here we might actually be innocent and that's why ASADA don't have a case?

Innocent of what?

(1) Poor governance? No chance!!!

(2) Taking PEDs? Nobody seems to know for sure ... See point 1.

"I'm shocked to be sitting here" - Wrong
"It was only Vitamins"- Wrong
"We know what the players took" - Wrong
"The internal report will clear Essendon" - Wrong
"ASADA's interim report will find nothing" - Wrong
"The ALF will not sanction Essendon" - Wrong
"Show Cause Letters will not be issued" - Wrong
"Essendon will win in the Federal Court Case" - Wrong
"Players will not leave Essendon because of this" - Wrong
"Infraction Notices will not be issued" - Wrong

Remove this Banner Ad

Back