News Dons ASADA scandal (Latest: Pg 101 - CAS verdict. Guilty, 12 months.)

Remove this Banner Ad

34 players from one club given infraction notices isnt newsworthy ?

ok the news limited stable want it suppressed due to their support of EFC.
fairfax want it suppressed due to their support of AFL heavies.

but the news is big. 12 month holidays for players are coming. coaching staff lifetime bans. watch this space.

Not overly newsworthy as we knew it was going to happen, it just got delayed by the hird fiasco trial. When we get to the he said, she said etc in the hearings, that will be news.

Valid point point re the acquisition of the old timers. I just thought that essendon deluded enough to believe that those guys could help them win the flag.

The afl would have enact some sort of rule where they could fill up the banned players spot for one season. If they have 28 left in their list and they have a decent injury run they won't be able to field a team.
I would think the AFL will allow them to replace any banned player with a player on a supplementary type list, where they have the same rights as rookie listed players. Only after the bans are served, these same players go back to where they came from with a chance to be drafted by anyone.

Basically at the end of the rookie draft, Essendon get 20 picks (numbers of players suspended) to add to a supplementary rookie list of which they have rights for the suspended period only. These players couldn't be upgraded or anything similar. Back to an open draft for any of these players to be eligible to play AFL once the suspensions have finished.

All I'm hoping for is life ban for Hird. His behaviour and back flipping about his responsibility in this whole ordeal has permanently smeared his name and once gone, Essendon will be seen in a different light. I can live with 6/12 month bans for the players. Given their lack of co-operation or unacceptance of a plea deal, the 6 months should be off the table.

How are they going to do that?

Depends on if the AFL are prepared to nail them on their clear disregard for player welfare. I don't see ASADA actually proving they used the 'banned' substance. I'm probably getting sucked into the story a bit too much though.

TB4 is banned and ASADA don't have to prove it was used.
This is so confusing. Listen to some an ASADA have to prove a hell of a lot to get a guilty result . Listen to others and its ASADA only has to prove reasonable doubt that drugs were taken.

I would have thought ASADA has enough evidence to go through all the hoops and through the courts?.
My gut feel is (1) Hird doesn't want some stuff out there. 2 Surely ASADA don't have Charters sole admission to hang its hat on.

3 For ADRVP to move the case on surely they would have looked at the evidence and recognised mmmmmm yep well there's enough there to start the ball rolling ?.
I just want it over and Hird and his smirk gone.

We have Freeman to go next yr Lets fix the tall and go for Wright 2016 FWDs Moore Wright Cloke 2016 go only for Mids (Danger?) .

This is so confusing. Listen to some an ASADA have to prove a hell of a lot to get a guilty result . Listen to others and its ASADA only has to prove reasonable doubt that drugs were taken.

I would have thought ASADA has enough evidence to go through all the hoops and through the courts?.
My gut feel is (1) Hird doesn't want some stuff out there. 2 Surely ASADA don't have Charters sole admission to hang its hat on.

3 For ADRVP to move the case on surely they would have looked at the evidence and recognised mmmmmm yep well there's enough there to start the ball rolling ?.
I just want it over and Hird and his smirk gone.
Yep, you pretty much have it worked out.

ASADA have to prove "to the comfortable satisfaction of a tribunal" and "attempted use" caries the same penalty.
So its a fairly wide range for ASADA to work in

In addition my understanding is that ASADA can show a supply chain trail of TB4 from the Manufacturer, to the Supplier, to the Compounding Chemist to Essendon, there is no such supply chain for any legal substances. Essendon cannot name any of the legal substances and have admitted they have no records of any legal substances.
Therefore is open to the Tribunal to accept ASADA evidence as being the only relevant evidence i.e. comfortably satisfied

Pinched from HTB board, new evidence found on Essendon's premises clearing them of all guilt.

92535_79225b06b09741cb21fd24433bac5fe7.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How pathetic have the Herald Sun been through this ordeal. I would have said Newscorp but Patrick Smith has been the standard bearer against the EFC maelstrom from the start and deserves credit. Clearly he was working against the Newscorp editorial line but is too well regarded and has too much integrity to have wilted.

Mark Robinson's apologetics and flip-flopping has been nothing short of disgraceful. Backing Hird, then exposing the players, then back to his obsequious position up Hird's arse has been nauseating.

This recent Newscorp sharticle with photos of Dean Wallis supposedly holding a vial of Thymomodulin and which is supposed to 'cast doubt' over the use of illegal supplements has got to be a new low point of journalism from an outfit that starts pretty low as it is.

How pathetic have the Herald Sun been through this ordeal. I would have said Newscorp but Patrick Smith has been the standard bearer against the EFC maelstrom from the start and deserves credit. Clearly he was working against the Newscorp editorial line but is too well regarded and has too much integrity to have wilted.

Mark Robinson's apologetics and flip-flopping has been nothing short of disgraceful. Backing Hird, then exposing the players, then back to his obsequious position up Hird's arse has been nauseating.

This recent Newscorp sharticle with photos of Dean Wallis supposedly holding a vial of Thymomodulin and which is supposed to 'cast doubt' over the use of illegal supplements has got to be a new low point of journalism from an outfit that starts pretty low as it is.

Robbo is a Peptide Bomber Fan so of course he would back them

hirds mentor.

http://newscorp.com/leader/robert-thomson/

Thomson remains an Essendon tragic, getting to a Bombers' AFL game and into the rooms at least once a season on his trips home. He is close to Essendon coach James Hird, who also catches up with Thomson whenever he is in New York. "He's been a great friend and mentor to me," says Hird.

Yep, you pretty much have it worked out.

ASADA have to prove "to the comfortable satisfaction of a tribunal" and "attempted use" caries the same penalty.
So its a fairly wide range for ASADA to work in

In addition my understanding is that ASADA can show a supply chain trail of TB4 from the Manufacturer, to the Supplier, to the Compounding Chemist to Essendon, there is no such supply chain for any legal substances. Essendon cannot name any of the legal substances and have admitted they have no records of any legal substances.
Therefore is open to the Tribunal to accept ASADA evidence as being the only relevant evidence i.e. comfortably satisfied
I believe the kicker is the dosages. There are email or text message records stating how to use TB4 from Charters to Dank. Something like, daily injection for 2 weeks, weekly after that for 4 weeks, then bi-weekly. The dosages given to the players, that Essendon claim is the 'Ok' Thymosin, match those indicated in the email/text for TB4. There are also records discussing how Thymosin will assist the players. I believe it talks about muscle regeneration and recovery. The OK Thymosin does nothing of the sort but TB4 does.

Aha...so this is the evidence that Dank has up his sleeve, to clear the players.

Yeah and for some reason he's waited nearly 2 years to supply this critical information. Either he's full of s**t or he's one sadistic bastard who likes seeing people suffer for no reason, my money's on the first option.

Yeah and for some reason he's waited nearly 2 years to supply this critical information. Either he's full of s**t or he's one sadistic bastard who likes seeing people suffer for no reason, my money's on the first option.

If he had the information why didn't he use it to save his job? Surely he'd be crucified in court by ASADA's lawyers if he tried to present anything that isn't 100% proof that nothing illicit was ever done, which is essentially impossible.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back