News Dons ASADA scandal (Latest: Pg 101 - CAS verdict. Guilty, 12 months.)

Remove this Banner Ad

All other clubs are now mostly likely pumping the juice through their veins cause, "dope" testing is a bloody farce. But but sip some stupid energy drink and your as good as ****ed.

All other clubs are now mostly likely pumping the juice through their veins cause, "dope" testing is a bloody farce. But but sip some stupid energy drink and your as good as stuffed.

Agree - How the Peptide Bombers still have not been Charged is a Joke but Saad buys something over the Counter and he goes straight away for 18 Month.

Bloody Joke

Lets hope it's all wrapped up in the next couple of weeks.
Only way that will be close to happening is if the drug cheats get off.

If found guilty it will just be the start of years of lawyers making hay while the Essendrug players start growing ET's, extra testicles.

Only way that will be close to happening is if the drug cheats get off.

If found guilty it will just be the start of years of lawyers making hay while the Essendrug players start growing ET's, extra testicles.

If found guilty I'm at the point that I expect the Tribunal to give them a weak arsed penalty (say 6 months backdated) then for ASADA/WADA to come over the top resulting in..... you guessed it, months if not years of legal battles - the only way these (alleged) cheating pricks will feel the effects of any ban is if the penalties are extended to any future Father/Son players.

Agree - How the Peptide Bombers still have not been Charged is a Joke but Saad buys something over the Counter and he goes straight away for 18 Month.

Bloody Joke

It is a bloody joke TD.

But just quietly, I think Saad has had the lesser punishment. His got sorted out very quickly, he's done the crime, he's done the time, and he can go back to playing AFL footy.

By contrast, the Essendon players and coaches and club have had a sword of Damocles hanging over their head for two years now ... And it goes on!

And the stigma associated with anyone associated with Essendon is far greater than anything Saad will have to bare.

Justice may seem cruel sometimes but IMO Saad is ahead on this one.

It is a bloody joke TD.

But just quietly, I think Saad has had the lesser punishment. His got sorted out very quickly, he's done the crime, he's done the time, and he can go back to playing AFL footy.

By contrast, the Essendon players and coaches and club have had a sword of Damocles hanging over their head for two years now ... And it goes on!

And the stigma associated with anyone associated with Essendon is far greater than anything Saad will have to bare.

Justice may seem cruel sometimes but IMO Saad is ahead on this one.

By his actions, Saad has earnt respect and will be welcomed back to the fold by level headed fans, the opposite is true for the Essendon 34.

By his actions, Saad has earnt respect and will be welcomed back to the fold by level headed fans, the opposite is true for the Essendon 34.

Don't know about that ... I think many level headed fans will think justice is served if the Essendon 34 get off and lifetime bans are given to Hird and Dank.

I think the whole closed hearing thing is a ridiculous sham and there is absolutely no basis for it.

Justice is certainly not "being seen to be done".

Most people wouldn't even know that the hearing is running.

I think the whole closed hearing thing is a ridiculous sham and there is absolutely no basis for it.

They'll certainly know when 17 afl club presidents get together to vote whether to retain the 2015 afl distributions, or see it set aside to keep essendon in the comp.

The Closed thing does sound like it be bit on the Dodgy side

I get that the players wanted the hearing to be closed to media to hide their identities but either way at the end of this the evidence for whatever decision is made needs to be made public. If the players are found guilty then there is no need to hide their identities anyway however if they are found to be innocent then you can still release the evidence with all names redacted.

After 2 years of this s**t we need closure either way

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I get that the players wanted the hearing to be closed to media to hide their identities but either way at the end of this the evidence for whatever decision is made needs to be made public. If the players are found guilty then there is no need to hide their identities anyway however if they are found to be innocent then you can still release the evidence with all names redacted.
After 2 years of this s**t we need closure either way
Better not be found guilty of anything 'cos there'll be no hiding then

Last edited:
Is that going to take another 2 years?

no just a matter of weeks. the decision either way will initially be appealed. the detail released after the decision will likely decide whether an appeal proceeds.

if the info is overwhelming and can FINALLY influence enough efc people, we might finally see the end of the argument.

but that is only stage 1. the players and their managers will determine stage 2.

Is that going to take another 2 years?

no just a matter of weeks. the decision either way will initially be appealed. the detail released after the decision will likely decide whether an appeal proceeds.

if the info is overwhelming and can FINALLY influence enough efc people, we might finally see the end of the argument.

but that is only stage 1. the players and their managers will determine stage 2.

I don't know, but maybe you could tell me how long an investigation should take?
Is there a defined time line?
How come some Police investigations take 10 years or more?
The Armstrong investigation went on for 7 years, was that too long, too short, about right?
Why is 2 years too long?

Was just asking, not judging.

I don't know, but maybe you could tell me how long an investigation should take?
Is there a defined time line?
How come some Police investigations take 10 years or more?
The Armstrong investigation went on for 7 years, was that too long, too short, about right?
Why is 2 years too long?
He asked a simple question but I guess you can't help being a tool.:rolleyes:

http://www.3aw.com.au/news/two-form...onsidering-taking-a-deal-20150119-12tl08.html

Essendon would be sweating bullets over this. If they (Essendon) can't find out who these "players" are and try to talk them out of it if they're considering taking a deal they're just ****ed. Plain and simple. All ASADA need is one player (2 is even better) to admit guilt and if they're on the same program as the other 32 are as good as gone.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back