News Dons ASADA scandal (Latest: Pg 101 - CAS verdict. Guilty, 12 months.)

Remove this Banner Ad

I guess we are the only real drug concerns for the AFL now - s**t, that escalated quickly! LOL
well-that-escalated-jmg8n6.jpg

Didn't Watson admit to taking a banned substance? I know it's not like being tested positive

Yeah he did and that leaves a slightly sour taste in the mouth... but I'm not going to lose sleep over it, I don't think the players set out to "cheat" and they haven't been proven to have cheated with a positive test, so I think it's just for them.

Disturbing how corrupt the system is. But don't worry they'll send their message loud and clear through two of our own.

Yeah he did and that leaves a slightly sour taste in the mouth... but I'm not going to lose sleep over it, I don't think the players set out to "cheat" and they haven't been proven to have cheated with a positive test, so I think it's just for them.

No - He admitted to taking AOD 9604. It was not a banned substance. Even ASADA has said as much. Hence the reason they never tried to get a conviction on it.

Why is there all this conspiracy talk about money and the AFL being thrown around? The afl would hardly lose any money from the decision as Esendon would still have to field a team. TV rights would continue as normal and supporters would probably still show up. I think it's total incompetence on ASADA's behalf. Anyhow the players were duped into a drugs program. The only person who should be gone is that smug Turd hird. Would love to see that self righteous a-hole removed permanently afrom his coaching position. What has he actually done for the club? He has destroyed the fabric of this great game and gets to sit there and be apart of it. Hope he rides this club into the ground. I mean what's his actual coaching creditals?

Why is there all this conspiracy talk about money and the AFL being thrown around? The afl would hardly lose any money from the decision as Esendon would still have to field a team. TV rights would continue as normal and supporters would probably still show up. I think it's total incompetence on ASADA's behalf. Anyhow the players were duped into a drugs program. The only person who should be gone is that smug Turd hird. Would love to see that self righteous a-hole removed permanently afrom his coaching position. What has he actually done for the club? He has destroyed the fabric of this great game and gets to sit there and be apart of it. Hope he rides this club into the ground. I mean what's his actual coaching creditals?

The Karma Bus will come for Hird.

No - He admitted to taking AOD 9604. It was not a banned substance. Even ASADA has said as much. Hence the reason they never tried to get a conviction on it.

AOD9604 was not banned, nor was it approved. It sat in the yet to be approved category which amounts to the same thing as it being banned so far as use goes.

Essendon are a Massive Drawing Team on TV and Live. Why would the risk no one turning up at there games and watch them on TV.

Now lot of People won’t even watch any AFL. Knowing what a Joke of a Competition it is

It would definitely effect attendances and a television audience but I don't know that money was the driving force here anyway.

The AFL should have given them a bigger whack initially but you don't get a second go at it.

Well there you have it.

Want to drug cheat?
Easy!
Buy prohibited substances in amongst many other drugs, not meant to be used therapeuticly.
Inject those drugs into the players repeatedly.
Make no record of what is in those injections, or why they were given.
Get investigated for 2 years, constantly sooking about how we couldn't have done anything wrong because we have no evidence (of anything, at all).
Get found not guilty.

Carry on like all of this is totally fine.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The reason he got of was he only said he may of taken it an he did not know for sure

If it was a banned substance at that time that interview would have done him. But ASADA had no idea themselves.
If you want the defenition of incompetent it is ASADA. 3 years of stuffing the game around & for what?

If it was a banned substance at that time that interview would have done him. But ASADA had no idea themselves.
If you want the defenition of incompetent it is ASADA. 3 years of stuffing the game around & for what?

Yeah it was in a grey area but it was in the banned due to not approved category. Problem is ASADA fkd the pooch and have all clear only later to have WADA tell them what the fook brah.

It's like when a killer gets off for murder because they couldn't find the weapon despite all evidence pointing to otherwise dna on victim, blood on shirt etc lol.

They got off due to not knowing what was injected. That is the best defence yet.
Not even.

It's like killer getting off, despite knowing it was the injection that killed the person, but they have no evidence what was in the syringe.

No one has any doubt injections took place, no one has any doubt that thymosin beta 4 is prohibited, there's just no recorded evidence it was in the syringe.......despite the fact that they have proof they ordered thymosin, not thymodullin.

Complete and utter rubbish.

SPOT ON - They did not want to lose the Bummers because the AFL would lose so much money
Start a petition dave and get everyone to boycott essendon games including anzac day for the next 3 years

Remove this Banner Ad

Back