EDFL Div 1 Discussion 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Correct Horse. Craigieburn President is his dad. Dom Micallef that is at Tulla is still playing at Tulla & coaching under 18s as well
Well maybe he was playing and coaching at Tulla 🤣🤣 You would think if his dad is involved he would immediately head back.

Well maybe he was playing and coaching at Tulla 🤣🤣 You would think if his dad is involved he would immediately head back.

Makes it hard for both. Couldn't imagine not watching my boy play.

WRFL forum are saying that St Albans and the other mob have been approved to play in the EDFL by AFL Victoria.
Nothing on either league's website as yet though.

a06a5864aaa1ba08b77f72d98eaf4081.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

DPFC 2023 Div 1 premiers.

Greenwood league BNF

Lol

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The issue is not whether they are beatable or not
Both teams are premier Div team in the WRFL. Whilst the standard of that league can be argued as equal to or better than the bottom 1/2 of EDFL Premier or top 4 Div 1, one would’ve thought that DP could’ve been entered in premier and SA in Div 1 as a better outcome!

The issue is not whether they are beatable or not
Both teams are premier Div team in the WRFL. Whilst the standard of that league can be argued as equal to or better than the bottom 1/2 of EDFL Premier or top 4 Div 1, one would’ve thought that DP could’ve been entered in premier and SA in Div 1 as a better outcome!

It’s the logical decision, for the record I think both or either team coming across is short sighted by the EDFL and puts unnecessary pressure on the existing clubs they represent. Who got their pockets greased on the EDFL board to get this through ?

They will hide behind the reasons “Premier needs to be a 10 team comp” bullshite.

Any reasonable football judge would place Deer Park in Premier and St Albans in Div.1 where both would be middle of the road teams with a solid shot at playing finals. Deer Park in Div.1 is a slap in the face of the current clubs and is disgusting by the board.

Top 5 would be a must for 11 teams so maybe the one positive to come of this shite storm

Curious to hear anyone's thoughts on players wishing to play in Division 1 for Deer Park when they have been accustomed to being in Premier Division of WRFL for so long and had so much success. I would have thought a current player or prospective player would be insulted playing one rung below the best division and as far as recruitment goes being asked to play for a club that is not in the premier division of that league. Give me your thoughts please?

Curious to hear anyone's thoughts on players wishing to play in Division 1 for Deer Park when they have been accustomed to being in Premier Division of WRFL for so long and had so much success. I would have thought a current player or prospective player would be insulted playing one rung below the best division and as far as recruitment goes being asked to play for a club that is not in the premier division of that league. Give me your thoughts please?

If they win another flag I doubt anyone will care.

How much over the Div 1 Cap are they already if they retained all their players?

From their FB page:

The Deer Park Football Club wishes to advise that the objection by the Western Region Football League to the club transferring to the Essendon District Football League (EDFL) in season 2023 has been dismissed by the AFL Victoria Objection Hearing Panel.

This means that the club will be permitted to affiliate with the EDFL in 2023.

The club believes that competing in the EDFL provides it the best opportunity of continuing to be a strong, viable, sustainable and competitive local footy club.

The prospect of growing our junior program and challenging ourselves in the Premier Victorian Metropolitan Football Competition in 2023 is incredibly exciting for everyone involved in our proud club.

Deer Park Football Club Committee

Premier Victorian Metropolitan Football Competition in 2023 is the only burning question as that's what it should be.

Rupo might be questioning their spending. They where right up there last year and have brought in some more this year.

Why? Won 10, and lost 8.

Sure they had a goodish year and were the only side capable of beating AW, but it's not like they recruited ex-AFL players. Two players recruited so far (I was expecting more) one a gun, but most likely being groomed as a future coach, and one a 2s player from Keilor. Pretty sure Said will be gone, so no, I don't think they'll be questioning anything.

If they win another flag I doubt anyone will care.

How much over the Div 1 Cap are they already if they retained all their players?

From their FB page:

Premier Victorian Metropolitan Football Competition in 2023 is the only burning question as that's what it should be.
Winning a flag in the rung below premier is like premature ejaculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back