EDFL Premier Division - 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Strathmore to take out both the Firsts and the Reserves

Here's a question. Who has been the most disapointing Team in the last 2 years considering everything? Easy to point finger at Craigeburn & T.Lakes but comparing the $$$'s spent I don't think either of them has been as disapointing as Aberfeldie. Seriously when are they going to stop drinking their own bath water? Spend another $50k next year and get it up to $400k to finish 1 week after the teams that spend $70-$150k................

Juggle drums already beating down at Keilor. Whisper is they will be losing marcy, moore x 2, westfield, van reit, kellet, cooper and messis due to retirements or leaving. Also heard they are in a bit of financial trouble as well? Can anyone assoicated with keilor confirm or deny?

Also will be a cracker of a game this week with Marby having to give themselves a chance to knock off Greenvale with all their injuries.
There is certainly no surprises to some names mentioned. Marcy & Moores yet to announce their retirements if at all. Their service over many years has been fantastic. Kellet has indicated that he will retire from A Grade footy. Westfield did not have the expected impact not sure about 2013. The others are all expected to play in 2013. As for financial issues - comming off the back of a low spend in 2012 I am sure Keilor will reload for 2013 especially with McGuane going again.

There is certainly no surprises to some names mentioned. Marcy & Moores yet to announce their retirements if at all. Their service over many years has been fantastic. Kellet has indicated that he will retire from A Grade footy. Westfield did not have the expected impact not sure about 2013. The others are all expected to play in 2013. As for financial issues - comming off the back of a low spend in 2012 I am sure Keilor will reload for 2013 especially with McGuane going again.

Thanks for clearing that up. If they are reload and keep the above I imagine they would be pretty keen on a key back and a couple of mids? Will surely need to spend a fair bit more then this year to get into the 4?

Money is an issue, Keilor finally feeling the strain with the growth of the aera, McGuane confirmed coaching again with a 1 yr extension? And is a sponsor bankrolling the deal? Interesting times

Here's a question. Who has been the most disapointing Team in the last 2 years considering everything? Easy to point finger at Craigeburn & T.Lakes but comparing the $$$'s spent I don't think either of them has been as disapointing as Aberfeldie. Seriously when are they going to stop drinking their own bath water? Spend another $50k next year and get it up to $400k to finish 1 week after the teams that spend $70-$150k................

Insert generic poon response here.................

Oak Park boy Brett Willson in charge at Mernda in NFL, about to coach the ones to a flag and hopefully the two's this Saturday in first year as a Head Coach

Tips for Saturday final

Seniors
Greenvale vs Marby

Marby to win by 21 points.

Go Marby, a bias tip I must say.

Reserves
Greenvale vs Abers

Greenvale injuries in the seniors will affect the reserves side.

Under 18
Keilor vs Abers

Tips for Saturday final

Seniors
Greenvale vs Marby

Marby to win by 21 points.

Go Marby, a bias tip I must say.

Reserves
Greenvale vs Abers

Greenvale injuries in the seniors will affect the reserves side.

Under 18
Keilor vs Abers

Super performance from Marby last Saturday in a great game to beat the highly fancied Abers. Unfortunately I don't think they can repeat the dose against Greenvale. Both teams affected by injury, Barling seems to be battling on bravely on 1 leg and an underdone Ayres still managed to kick 7. Greenvale have greater depth and should win comfortably, however if Marby play like they did last week, who knows.

Seniors
Greenvale vs Marby
by 18pts, though games between these sides often lead to an upset.
Go Jets!

Reserves
Greenvale vs Abers
Injuries to impact the Greenvale reserves chances against a good Abers side.

Under 18
Doutta vs Abers

GBF50 I think u need a reality check if u think any Premier div sides are only spending 70k. Every Premier side would be North of 120K and if they are not they are dilusional. I reckon 5 of the 8 sides in div 1 would be around 120K or over. Simple maths there are 5 lines backs, half backs, centre etc 3 mids and four on the bench. If each group is worth 1k which is only slightly over 300 per player that comes to 7k per game times 18= 126K plus a coach. What do u reckon the minimum a Premier div coach is on? Every club spends money, it is a necessary evil. Good luck to the teams in the Grand Final. My tips Strathmore easily and WC in a classic.

Good post Full Fwd :) and i know the money thing has been done to death but the fact is there are certain clubs that will probably NEVER have any hope of winning a GF in A Grade or even making the 4 as they will never be able to generate enough money to compete, yes clubs go through periods where they have a crack with money and it can't last for ever but i still believe certain clubs will never win a GF which is sad :(.

I have a mate at a club that has been spending a bit the last few years and have been criticised for doing so but as he said to me a few years back if somebody came to your club with x amount of money and said i want to tip it in and i want us to be successful in A Grade and win a flag would you say no? of course not especially as the club had really battled for many many years so he said i know it may not last forever but while it does I'm going to enjoy it and good on him,so it may happen with the odd club here and there but many will never be able to compete in my opinion.

Anyway enough of that i went and watched GV and Marby yesterday and GV were pretty good so as expected the top 2 are through and it should be a cracker of a game next week.

THE DREBSTER

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pressure is all on Strathmore this weekend, undefeated and have beaten Greenvale three times this year.

Greenvale got within 9 points last time and was coming home strongly and with 2-3 massive inclusions aren't far away from full strength. Strathmore seemed to panic when the game was tight and didn't want to move forward.

Greenvale know what it is like to be overwhelming favorites, interesting to see how Strathmore will handle it.

Greenvale win by 2 points after a Strathmore player juggled a mark as soon as the siren goes and denied a mark and chance to shoot. Congrats Jets!!

Nothing better then seeing strathmore getting rolled.

Agree 99%. As most Oaks supporters would agree seeing our creek rival beat like that will sting for life. To top it off even we've had a bad year the girls from Labanon Reserve are no better than us in 2012!!! Karma also task force tuno looking at the skipper too. Apparently for his dance moves and dj tricks - illegal at both. Well done jets

All the Keillor boys are wrapped that greenvale got up

Strath more players hugging and embracing each other at 3/4 time, bit early boys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back